franciscanheart Posted January 27, 2011 Posted January 27, 2011 [quote name='rachael' timestamp='1296152139' post='2205094'] [/quote]
rachael Posted January 27, 2011 Posted January 27, 2011 [quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1296152250' post='2205095'] Legalize? [/quote] yes. tax it.
Nihil Obstat Posted January 27, 2011 Posted January 27, 2011 I don't believe marijuana is inherently immoral. I believe it should be legalized. I also don't believe taxation to be moral.
dUSt Posted January 27, 2011 Author Posted January 27, 2011 Would legalizing help weaken the Mexican drug cartels?
dominicansoul Posted January 27, 2011 Posted January 27, 2011 ..i suggested to a religious community, that they should grow it and sell it as "holy smokes." I told them, if they wanted a convent built, this "fund-raiser" would pretty much rake in all the dough they needed... ...they didn't think it would be a good idea...
Nihil Obstat Posted January 27, 2011 Posted January 27, 2011 [quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1296154392' post='2205114'] Would legalizing help weaken the Mexican drug cartels? [/quote] Yes, as well as domestic drug violence, and would free up police resources for useful things.
Guest Posted January 27, 2011 Posted January 27, 2011 [quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1296154735' post='2205119'] ..i suggested to a religious community, that they should grow it and sell it as "holy smokes." I told them, if they wanted a convent built, this "fund-raiser" would pretty much rake in all the dough they needed... ...they didn't think it would be a good idea... [/quote] Its a brilliant idea and I think the Most High would approve. Although I've been wrong before.
IcePrincessKRS Posted January 27, 2011 Posted January 27, 2011 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1296154794' post='2205120'] Yes,[b] as well as domestic drug violence[/b], and would free up police resources for useful things. [/quote] Or would there just be more potheads?
Nihil Obstat Posted January 27, 2011 Posted January 27, 2011 (edited) [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1296155387' post='2205132'] Or would there just be more potheads? [/quote] Maybe, maybe not, but there wouldn't be dealers killing other dealers over it. You don't see pharmaceutical companies in turf wars. Countries without drinking age laws tend to have far less of a problem with youth binge drinking. I think that's relevant to consider. Edited January 27, 2011 by Nihil Obstat
IcePrincessKRS Posted January 27, 2011 Posted January 27, 2011 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1296155819' post='2205140'] Maybe, maybe not, but there wouldn't be dealers killing other dealers over it. You don't see pharmaceutical companies in turf wars. Countries without drinking age laws tend to have far less of a problem with youth binge drinking. I think that's relevant to consider. [/quote] I wasn't considering drug dealers killing one another "domestic violence." When I think "domestic violence" I think more along the lines of spousal abuse. I guess you meant something broader by "domestic drug violence"? I agree that it would weaken the drug cartels, and likely ease the load for the police force. I'm just not sure that I think it would end up better for people on a family level. In my[s] experience[/s] observations recreational drug use hasn't exactly been a positive influence in family life.
Guest Posted January 27, 2011 Posted January 27, 2011 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1296155819' post='2205140'] Maybe, maybe not, but there wouldn't be dealers killing other dealers over it. You don't see pharmaceutical companies in turf wars. Countries without drinking age laws tend to have far less of a problem with youth binge drinking. I think that's relevant to consider. [/quote] We for sure need drinking and smoking age laws.
dUSt Posted January 27, 2011 Author Posted January 27, 2011 [quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1296154919' post='2205125'] Its a brilliant idea and I think the Most High would approve. Although I've been wrong before. [/quote] Most High. lol You come up with the best puns, not to mention the single greatest title of a thread ever posted on phatmass.
Guest Posted January 27, 2011 Posted January 27, 2011 [quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1296156278' post='2205151'] Most High. lol You come up with the best puns, not to mention the single greatest title of a thread ever posted on phatmass. [/quote]
AudreyGrace Posted January 27, 2011 Posted January 27, 2011 Salvia is legal, and far worse than marijuana. There's "legal pot" that we have in NY that you can get at any head shop. It's just like pot... but it's not, and it's legal. My brother gets it but I don't smoke. Not my thing. I think it should be legalized because there are more harmful things out there. And I don't think it's the government's purpose to tell someone what plant they can and cannot smoke. If we tax it, gdp could go up, no doubt. We'd still have the people who abuse marijuana and those who don't. If pot was legalized, I might try it, but I wouldn't keep smoking. Just like if they legalized prostitution-- that isn't going to make every girl want to become a prostitute. It's a matter of those who smoke "in the closet" simply "coming out of the closet." People say that Jesus would smoke pot if He were around today. I say this: he wouldn't waste his time on a couch getting high when He could be out preaching God's love. That's why I don't smoke.
fides' Jack Posted January 27, 2011 Posted January 27, 2011 [quote name='Maximilianus' timestamp='1296154103' post='2205111'] Maria Juana is ruined as a name. [/quote] Tell that to my mother.
Guest Posted January 27, 2011 Posted January 27, 2011 (edited) [quote name='AudreyGrace' timestamp='1296156919' post='2205161'] Salvia is legal, and far worse than marijuana. There's "legal pot" that we have in NY that you can get at any head shop. It's just like pot... but it's not, and it's legal. My brother gets it but I don't smoke. Not my thing. I think it should be legalized because there are more harmful things out there. And I don't think it's the government's purpose to tell someone what plant they can and cannot smoke. If we tax it, gdp could go up, no doubt. We'd still have the people who abuse marijuana and those who don't. If pot was legalized, I might try it, but I wouldn't keep smoking. Just like if they legalized prostitution-- that isn't going to make every girl want to become a prostitute. It's a matter of those who smoke "in the closet" simply "coming out of the closet." People say that Jesus would smoke pot if He were around today. I say this: he wouldn't waste his time on a couch getting high when He could be out preaching God's love. That's why I don't smoke. [/quote] Its good you don't smoke too. I don't think people should actually. But its their choice. And I don't think prostitution should be legal. Its bad. I live in vegas and they advertise on the strip with cards and its messed up. One of the vans that drives around has pictures of the prostitutes on it and there's billboards. Guess what the first 3 digits of the phone number are after the 702 area code ? 666 Edited January 27, 2011 by Guest
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now