Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1296174210' post='2205410']
Why do people smoke cigarettes? I don't know either. It looks gross to me.
[/quote]

Didn't you know smoking cigs makes you look cool?

[img]http://www.moretorah.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/obama%20smoking.png[/img]

Posted

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1296174722' post='2205424']
Isn't that part of why cigarettes are so addictive? (I dunno, I'm not a smoker... except my friend has turned me on to the hookah and when we have a block party I enjoy smoking it... I told Matt he needs to buy me one. haha)
[/quote]
Interestingly enough, I don't think marijuana is chemically addictive like nicotine is.

Posted

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1296174623' post='2205422']
Which brings to mind another thought. If weed were to be legalized I think that it should only be available through tobacco shops, not from your gas station or grocery store.

I just had a thought of someone going to the store to buy milk and pot and it made me laugh but weirded me out a little.
[/quote]
Haha that is hillarious. That would be me. A gallon of whole milk and pot.

Posted

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1296174902' post='2205427']
Interestingly enough, I don't think marijuana is chemically addictive like nicotine is.
[/quote]
Nick (J_lol) knows those stats better than I do though.

Posted (edited)

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1296170571' post='2205358']
Could the argument also be applied to smoking a watermelon flavored hooka?
[/quote]
I get buzzed off of hookas...but it's like a concentrated cigarette. The buzz lasts like 5 minutes for me. Should the argument be applied to hookas? Maybe in the way cigarettes are...

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1296171399' post='2205363']
You're allowed to drink to get a buzz. Just not to get drunk. Everybody drinks for the buzz.
[/quote]
I used to do it. Now I don't. It got boring after a while. I drink wine once in a while for the taste.

As for marijuana...The couple of times I smoked it, I didn't do it to get [i]really[/i] high or anything. I just did it to mellow myself out. And that's all it ever did...mellow me out. I sat on the couch with my friends and we watched movies or we talked for hours about life. We giggled a lot. And ate.

Edited by rachael
Posted

[quote name='rachael' timestamp='1296175005' post='2205430']
I get buzzed off of hookas...but it's like a concentrated cigarette. The buzz lasts like 5 minutes for me. Should the argument be applied to hookas? Maybe in the way cigarettes are...


I used to do it. Now I don't. It got boring after a while. As for marijuana...The couple of times I smoked it, I didn't do it to get [i]really[/i] high or anything. I just did it to mellow myself out. And that's all it ever did...mellow me out. I sat on the couch with my friends and we watched movies or we talked for hours about life. We giggled a lot. And ate.
[/quote]
That's all it does for me too. Mellows me out. Movies and music are great.

Posted

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1296174248' post='2205411']
I know a little something about weed. When I use to smoke it, I smoked it to get high. But, during that period in my life, I only drank to get drunk.

Now that I am wise, I drink craft beer because I love the taste, and the experience of trying new things. I never get drunk.

I do know when I was a kid, my dad use to smoke marijuana, and I don't remember him ever being high. All I know is he'd smoke a joint before watching Kung Fu.
[/quote]
Kung fu sweet haha

IcePrincessKRS
Posted

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1296174902' post='2205427']
Interestingly enough, I don't think marijuana is chemically addictive like nicotine is.
[/quote]

Yeah, it doesn't appear that it is. I was just googling around. I wonder what it is that makes it addictive for some people? Do they just have those tendencies to become addicted to something already? Or is it some property of the mj itself? :idontknow:

Don't be smokin' if you wanna have babies. :| [url="http://www.drug-rehab.com/marijuana_addiction.php"]source[/url]
[quote]The Health Consequences of Long Term Marijuana Use

Heavy marijuana use won’t damage the body with the severity of drugs like alcohol or cocaine, but using marijuana on a regular basis for a long period of time can have significant health consequences, including:

* Cognitive and memory impairments
* Lung damage
* An increased risk of certain cancers
* Lowered fertility
* An increased risk of mental illness (particularly an accelerated onset of psychotic disorders)
* Decreased immune system functioning
* An increased risk of heart attack after smoking[/quote]


[quote name='rachael' timestamp='1296175005' post='2205430']
I get buzzed off of hookas...but it's like a concentrated cigarette. The buzz lasts like 5 minutes for me. Should the argument be applied to hookas? Maybe in the way cigarettes are...


I used to do it. Now I don't. It got boring after a while. I drink wine once in a while for the taste.

As for marijuana...The couple of times I smoked it, I didn't do it to get [i]really[/i] high or anything. I just did it to mellow myself out. And that's all it ever did...mellow me out. I sat on the couch with my friends and we watched movies or we talked for hours about life. We giggled a lot. And ate.
[/quote]

That's interesting. I've shared a hookah with one of my friends [sometimes there are more than two of us, but the particular instance that was most recent was just last weekend] (I think I actually smoked most of it because he used cigarettes inbetween) and it doesn't make me buzzed at all, even if I'm not pairing it with booze.

Posted (edited)

Too much alcohol of the wrong kind can make me angry and want to fight others. :|

Edited by rachael
Posted

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1296175499' post='2205434']
Yeah, it doesn't appear that it is. I was just googling around. I wonder what it is that makes it addictive for some people? Do they just have those tendencies to become addicted to something already? Or is it some property of the mj itself? :idontknow:
[/quote]
Could be an addictive personality. Same kinds of people that are addicted to video games or the internet. Probably a function of personality rather than the marijuana itself.

IcePrincessKRS
Posted

[quote name='rachael' timestamp='1296175555' post='2205435']
Too much alcohol of the wrong kind can make me angry and want to fight others. :|
[/quote]

I know people like that. :|

Posted

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1296175499' post='2205434']
Yeah, it doesn't appear that it is. I was just googling around. I wonder what it is that makes it addictive for some people? Do they just have those tendencies to become addicted to something already? Or is it some property of the mj itself? :idontknow:

Don't be smokin' if you wanna have babies. :| [url="http://www.drug-rehab.com/marijuana_addiction.php"]source[/url]





That's interesting. I've shared a hookah with one of my friends [sometimes there are more than two of us, but the particular instance that was most recent was just last weekend] (I think I actually smoked most of it because he used cigarettes inbetween) and it doesn't make me buzzed at all, even if I'm not pairing it with booze.
[/quote]
Smoking anything for too long is probably bad. :unsure:

I'm guessing the hookah is different for everyone.

IcePrincessKRS
Posted

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1296175606' post='2205436']
Could be an addictive personality. Same kinds of people that are addicted to video games or the internet. Probably a function of personality rather than the marijuana itself.
[/quote]

That's what I was thinking. There are two people in my life that I feel are or have been addicted to mj, one of them is also definitely an alcoholic. The source I linked to stated that really only about 10% of regular pot smokers are actually addicted to it.

Posted

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1296175623' post='2205437']
I know people like that. :|
[/quote]
Let's just say it's been a long time since I've had tequilla. :cheers2:

Posted

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1296174794' post='2205425']
I am not sure that makes it legit. If it's illegal in your state even if it's medical from another state isn't it still illegal to possess it? And wouldn't sharing be like sharing prescription drugs (which I think is technically now "allowed")?
[/quote]
I just meant for the reasons rkwright stated. I didn't buy it from a drug dealer. Ya its illegal to have here in nevada. Although you can get your medical card here. But I don't smoke enough to justify going through the trouble for that.

IcePrincessKRS
Posted

[quote name='rachael' timestamp='1296175710' post='2205438']
Smoking anything for too long is probably bad. :unsure:

I'm guessing the hookah is different for everyone.
[/quote]

Yeah, I agree. That's why I like the hookah, it's light and airy and sweet, not thick heavy smoke. And it's a "once in awhile" thing, not a daily habit. I don't drink every day, I'm sure as heck not hooking up a hookah every day. lol

I'm going to have to ask my friends if the hookah get's them buzzed at all. Now I'm really curious.

IcePrincessKRS
Posted

[quote name='rachael' timestamp='1296175828' post='2205440']
Let's just say it's been a long time since I've had tequilla. :cheers2:
[/quote]

If we ever meet in person I will be sure to shelve the tequila. ;)

Posted (edited)

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1296175871' post='2205442']
Yeah, I agree. That's why I like the hookah, it's light and airy and sweet, not thick heavy smoke. And it's a "once in awhile" thing, not a daily habit. I don't drink every day, I'm sure as heck not hooking up a hookah every day. lol

I'm going to have to ask my friends if the hookah get's them buzzed at all. Now I'm really curious.
[/quote]
Maybe I'm a wuss.

It gets my Matt buzzed.

lol my matt.

Edited by rachael
Posted

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1296176002' post='2205445']
If we ever meet in person I will be sure to shelve the tequila. ;)
[/quote]
You're too kind.

Posted

[quote name='rachael' timestamp='1296176018' post='2205446']
Maybe I'm a wuss.

It gets my Matt buzzed.

lol my matt.
[/quote]
I heard you're getting married dude ? You gave up on krush or what ? What the heck.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...