An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vocation Station Confraternity

Chamomile

Phatmass Vocation Station Prayer Association  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This idea popped into my head one day... I'm part of a couple Confraternities and an Association where we offer a certain prayer for one another and the same intentions. What if we did the same for all those who post, lurk, or in any way come across the Vocation Station?

I'm sure we all pray for one another anyways, and we have the prayer pals, but I think there would be even greater blessings if we did something on a more organized and communal scale.

Like maybe saying prayers for specific things on specific days (Seminarians and those discerning the priesthood on Mondays, Women on Tuesdays, those discerning marriage on Wednesdays, just for example).

I like the idea of praying one decade of the Rosary and then a short prayer - preferably easy to memorize so one can do it while driving! [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/biker.gif[/img] - after completing the decade.

I haven't looked too deeply into it, but from what I gathered on a quick Internet search, an actual Confraternity is canonically erected and under the guidance of a spiritual director, so I don't know if that's possible (although we do have a priest or two on the phorums...). If someone knows the specific differences amongst the different associations of the faithful, maybe they can help define what I mean to create.

Or we don't have to give it a specific name and just remember to pray whatever we decide to pray and for whatever we decide to pray for.

What do you think? Any ideas? Suggestions? Do we need to schedule a meeting time to discuss this in chat? I'm sure we'll get lots done and it won't get off-topic at all... ;)

:heart: :heart: :heart:

maybe having a petition for the week (or for two weeks) shall be adopted?
I'm thinking...

Daily intentions is good.

Then we'll have some special prayers for that?
Probably praying one Our Father, one Hail Mary and one Gloria?

Or adopting a chaplet (of Divine Mercy, of Holy spirit, whatever chaplet the Holy spirit inspires) to be prayed once week for that specific vocation?

Whatcha think? :think:

Then we'll posts some helpful teachings to ponder (parts of Vita Consecrata, scriptural verses, etc)

Then we'll spread to Facebook.
Then we'll maintain a blog.
Then we'll have a formal website.
Then we'll have a center.
Then we'll have a retreat house.

LOL just dreaming high and kidding seriously. :like:

Edited by tnavarro61

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

+JMJ

I think this is great... and if it is a set prayer, then when someone leaves to enter a community, they can continue to pray for Phatmass and Vocation Station! Bellissimo!

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1297136885' post='2209947']
I voted maybe because I prayed for DS and her cat got mange :paperbag:
[/quote]

[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/boink.gif[/img]

[quote name='tnavarro61' timestamp='1297166274' post='2210068']
maybe having a petition for the week (or for two weeks) shall be adopted?
I'm thinking...

Daily intentions is good.

Then we'll have some special prayers for that?
Probably praying one Our Father, one Hail Mary and one Gloria?

Or adopting a chaplet (of Divine Mercy, of Holy spirit, whatever chaplet the Holy spirit inspires) to be prayed once week for that specific vocation?

Whatcha think? :think:

Then we'll posts some helpful teachings to ponder (parts of Vita Consecrata, scriptural verses, etc)

Then we'll spread to Facebook.
Then we'll maintain a blog.
Then we'll have a formal website.
Then we'll have a center.
Then we'll have a retreat house.

LOL just dreaming high and kidding seriously. :like:
[/quote]

Someone sure has some missionary zeal ;)

I like the idea of a blog, so that if we do decide to pray for a specific thing, we can update it. And the authors of the blog can change as people hopefully enter. And we keep an "about" page with the prayer(s) and normal intentions.

Yay!

Please continue to add ideas or support, and we'll definitely discuss when there are a good number of us in the chat room :)

franciscanheart

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1297136885' post='2209947']
I voted maybe because I prayed for DS and her cat got mange :paperbag:
[/quote]
:hehe:

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' timestamp='1297172947' post='2210081']
+JMJ

I think this is great... and if it is a set prayer, then when someone leaves to enter a community, they can continue to pray for Phatmass and Vocation Station! Bellissimo!
[/quote]
Yes! :clapping:

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1297173624' post='2210083']
love this idea :) You are all in my prayers already, but it would be wonderful to have something organized :)
[/quote]
I agree. :)

[quote name='Chamomile' timestamp='1297180799' post='2210126']
Please continue to add ideas or support, and we'll definitely discuss when there are a good number of us in the chat room :)
[/quote]
Perhaps we could schedule a time to discuss? Then someone could report back here afterward for those who were unable to attend. OR, maybe we should set an agenda today or tomorrow and let everyone think and pray about it and then discuss in chat this weekend. Thoughts?

:nun2:

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1297185652' post='2210148']
Perhaps we could schedule a time to discuss? Then someone could report back here afterward for those who were unable to attend. OR, maybe we should set an agenda today or tomorrow and let everyone think and pray about it and then discuss in chat this weekend. Thoughts?

:nun2:
[/quote]

More prayer is always a good thing :like: Whoever's in chat tonight, we'll talk and try to figure something out, come post it, and pray on it.

I made a proto-blog to give some form to how I envision it: [url="http://pray4vocationstation.blogspot.com/"]VS Prayer Association[/url].

We could tweak what I made or just never use it if we decide to do something else. I just like excuses to make blogs because it makes me feel like I'm making a book or something :nerd:

P.S. You can make the blog private so only those invited can see it.

And if we do something not on this website but use Phatmass in the name, we do need to ask dUSt's permission... we can't go posting craziness on the Internets in the name of his work [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/child.gif[/img]