An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vocation Station Confraternity

Chamomile

Phatmass Vocation Station Prayer Association  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

franciscanheart

Thanks to all of your contributions, this is our prayer so far. Please feel free to note edits. If you change the prayer in some way and paste it in your response, please highlight clearly the changes you have made.

[b]A Prayer for Those in Discernment[/b]
Most Gracious and Loving God, You call all mankind to intimate union with Yourself. Send Your Holy Spirit into the hearts of your priests and religious, and sanctify them.

Grant those now discerning the grace of wisdom and perseverance against temptations which might distract them from Your call on their life. Grant them, too, the grace to be holy, to do Your will, and be filled with Your love, strength and peace. As they discern Your will, may they journey ever closer to You.

We ask this in the name of Jesus, Your Son, Who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen.

Our Lady of Good Counsel, pray for us.

:nun2:

I just tried to unify it a bit as far as format goes... and add something about accepting God's Will no matter where He leads us. Tell me what you guys think. Feel free to tell me it's terrible, if it is. I won't be offended or anything. :

[quote] Most Gracious and Loving God, You call all mankind to intimate union with Yourself. Send Your Holy Spirit into the hearts of your priests and religious, sanctify them, [b]and make them instruments of Your Will[/b].

[b]Do not forget, we beg You, those who are currently discerning Your Will for their life[/b]. [b]Help them to understand the plan for them which You, in Your Infinite Wisdom, have conceived. [/b]Give them the grace of perseverance against temptation which might distract them from Your call on their life [b]and the wisdom and humility to accept wherever You lead them[/b]. Help them to be holy, to do Your Will in all things; fill them with Your Love, strength, and peace. As they discern, may they journey ever closer to You.

We ask this in the name of Jesus, Your Son, Who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, One God, forever and ever. Amen.

Our Lady of Good Counsel, pray for us. [/quote]

Edited by Tally Marx

I'd like to join too. I'm praying for you all anyway [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/nun1.gif[/img]

Edited by Orans

franciscanheart

[quote name='Orans' timestamp='1297312520' post='2210856']
I'd like to join too. I'm praying for you all anyway [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/nun1.gif[/img]
[/quote]
Thank you, thank you! :clapping: Same!

Great job, Tally!

Should we mention the Vocation Station by name? Or the website? Like as in, "remember those for whom I am specifically praying..."

I don't know how to work it in there without being awkward (unfortunately, the words "Phatmass" and "Vocation Station" just don't seem to flow with the prayer :| ), but it is good to be specific in prayer. And since this would be specifically for those of us here, I feel that we should actually say that.

Maybe we could give the prayer group a name that wouldn't be so awkward to say in a prayer. Like a title of Our Lady (such as Our Lady of Good Counsel), and to pray for that group would be to include the intention of praying for all on the Vocation Station or those who come into contact with it. And of course, past members :)

Just a suggestion...

[quote name='Chamomile' timestamp='1297307193' post='2210828']

And then of course, we need to ask our Mom for help...

[i]"Our Lady of Mt Carmel, pray for us."[/i]
[/quote]

Yes!!! :like:

:saint:

franciscanheart

[quote name='Tally Marx' timestamp='1297310680' post='2210847']
I just tried to unify it a bit as far as format goes... and add something about accepting God's Will no matter where He leads us. Tell me what you guys think. Feel free to tell me it's terrible, if it is. I won't be offended or anything. :
[quote]Most Gracious and Loving God, You call all mankind to intimate union with Yourself. Send Your Holy Spirit into the hearts of your priests and religious, sanctify them,[b] and make them instruments of Your Will.[/b]

[b]Do not forget, we beg You, those who are currently discerning Your Will for their life. Help them to understand the plan for them which You, in Your Infinite Wisdom, have conceived.[/b] Give them the grace of perseverance against temptation which might distract them from Your call on their life [b]and the wisdom and humility to accept wherever You lead them[/b]. Help them to be holy, to do Your Will in all things; fill them with Your Love, strength, and peace. As they discern, may they journey ever closer to You.

We ask this in the name of Jesus, Your Son, Who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, One God, forever and ever. Amen.

Our Lady of Good Counsel, pray for us.[/quote]
[/quote]
Here's a weak attempt:

[indent]Most Gracious and Loving God, You call all mankind to intimate union with Yourself. Send Your Holy Spirit into the hearts of your priests and religious, sanctify them, and make them instruments of Your Will.

Do not forget, [b]I[/b] beg You, those who are currently discerning Your Will for their life[b], most specifically the men and women of phatmass[/b]. Help them to understand the plan for [b]their lives[/b] which You, in Your Infinite Wisdom, have conceived. Give them the grace of perseverance against temptation which might distract them from Your call on their life and the wisdom and humility to accept wherever You lead them. Help them to be holy, to do Your Will in all things; fill them with Your Love, strength, and peace. As they discern, may they journey ever closer to You.

[b]I[/b] ask this in the name of Jesus, Your Son, Who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, One God, forever and ever. Amen.

Our Lady of Good Counsel, pray for us.[/indent]

I wonder if we should add a line, since we will be praying this individually, about granting each of us the same grace and wisdom.

[i]And of course, if ever we should be blest enough to pray this together, we could of course change the "I" to "we".[/i]

Alternately, we could use something such as this:

[indent]Most Gracious and Loving God, You call all mankind to intimate union with Yourself. Send Your Holy Spirit into the hearts of your priests and religious, sanctify them, and make them instruments of Your Will.

Do not forget, [b]we[/b] beg You, those who are currently discerning Your Will for their life[b], most specifically the men and women of phatmass[/b]. Help [b]us[/b] to understand the plan for [b]our[/b] lives which You, in Your Infinite Wisdom, have conceived. Give [b]us[/b] the grace of perseverance against temptation which might distract [b]us[/b] from Your call on [b]our lives[/b] and the wisdom and humility to accept wherever You lead [b]us[/b]. Help [b]us[/b] to be holy, to do Your Will in all things; fill [b]us[/b] with Your Love, strength, and peace. As [b]we[/b] discern, may [b]we[/b] journey ever closer to You.

[b]We[/b] ask this in the name of Jesus, Your Son, Who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, One God, forever and ever. Amen.

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1297358453' post='2210978']

Do not forget, [b]we[/b] beg You, those who are currently discerning Your Will for their life[b], most specifically the men and women of phatmass[/b]. Help [b]us[/b] to understand the plan for [b]our[/b] lives which You, in Your Infinite Wisdom, have conceived. Give [b]us[/b] the grace of perseverance against temptation which might distract [b]us[/b] from Your call on [b]our lives[/b] and the wisdom and humility to accept wherever You lead [b]us[/b]. Help [b]us[/b] to be holy, to do Your Will in all things; fill [b]us[/b] with Your Love, strength, and peace. As [b]we[/b] discern, may [b]we[/b] journey ever closer to You.

[b]We[/b] ask this in the name of Jesus, Your Son, Who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, One God, forever and ever. Amen.

[/quote]

I really like this one!!
Nice way to work in mention of Phatmass, specifically.

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1297358453' post='2210978']

[/quote]

I vote on this one :like: (couldn't find the one for two thumbs)

[quote]

[/quote]

This is perfect! And I think it would be good to use "we", even though we will be individually praying. Remember the words of the Gospel:
[quote]
Again, (amen,) I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything for which they are to pray, it shall be granted to them by my heavenly Father.
-Matthew 18:19
[/quote]

Even though we are physically separated, when we unite our prayers to God, he extra-special hears them :)

I think the "confraternity" idea is a good one. I already pray for those in the Vocation Station already, and also for the ones that I know who have entered, for their perseverance.

The most recent version of the prayer is great! [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/nunpray.gif[/img][img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/priest.gif[/img]

Does anyone think we should do a specific intention for each day, week, month, etc.?

Or does everyone think we should just pray the prayer as it is and occasionally offer a specific intention as it arises (like if someone has a fundraiser for paying off debt, struggling with doubt, etc.)?

Sometimes, I'll notice someone will post something in the Prayer Room or say something in chat, and I can identify with their difficulty. That would be why I suggest setting an intention, even if it isn't set and recurring. It can be as simple as adding a line giving voice to whatever is needed, or establishing a thought to meditate on before actually saying the prayer.

Pax et bonum!

[quote]The most recent version of the prayer is great! Posted ImagePosted Image

Does anyone think we should do a specific intention for each day, week, month, etc.?

Or does everyone think we should just pray the prayer as it is and occasionally offer a specific intention as it arises (like if someone has a fundraiser for paying off debt, struggling with doubt, etc.)? [/quote]

You may consider creating a monthly calendar with names to pray for. So pool together the names of all the members, (including those who have entered) and each day then prayers would be offered specifically for them.

[quote name='the_rev' timestamp='1297474652' post='2211539']
You may consider creating a monthly calendar with names to pray for. So pool together the names of all the members, (including those who have entered) and each day then prayers would be offered specifically for them.
[/quote]

nice idea! we really need the blog going.