An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vocation Station Confraternity

Chamomile

Phatmass Vocation Station Prayer Association  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok I followed the blog. I'll try to drop by in chat (will try hard to stay up)

I really like how the blog is organized.

Edited by HopefulBride

I am also excited for this. What are the plans? I think it must be discussed here, rather at the chat. So, how it's gonna operate?

[quote name='tnavarro61' timestamp='1297250501' post='2210530']
I am also excited for this. What are the plans? I think it must be discussed here, rather at the chat. So, how it's gonna operate?
[/quote]

Yeah.... it's pretty easy to get distracted in the chat room :rolleyes:

So I'm of the opinion that simplicity is best when it comes to adding devotions to one's prayer life. That way it's not a huge burden to do this and if you suddenly remember right before you go to bed, it doesn't take a great amount of time to pray.

I'm thinking maybe something like a short prayer that would be the same every day, with a ____________________ that would be whatever the intention is for that day (or week, or however we decide to split up the time). Then follow that with the Our Father, Hail Mary, and Glory Be.

Is anyone good at composing prayers?

Edited by Chamomile

franciscanheart

I think we should compose the prayer together. Everyone put down words or phrases you would like to see included, or write out a general prayer you see fitting for this. We can edit from there. :like:

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1297265930' post='2210570']
I think we should compose the prayer together. Everyone put down words or phrases you would like to see included, or write out a general prayer you see fitting for this. We can edit from there. :like:
[/quote]

agreed.

"as they discern Your will, may they journey ever closer to You"
"give them peace, strength, and joy"

I think this sounds like a lovely plan.

If an actual "confraternity" is canonically erected -- well for me that sounds like more bureaucracy than is necessary for us. Speaking just for myself, I'd skip any attempts at making this formal and official and be "a group of people who adopt a shared discipline of praying in a particular manner for particular intentions" which we can perfectly well do by virtue of baptism without jumping through hoops.

franciscanheart

[quote name='krissylou' timestamp='1297273346' post='2210603']
I think this sounds like a lovely plan.

If an actual "confraternity" is canonically erected -- well for me that sounds like more bureaucracy than is necessary for us. Speaking just for myself, I'd skip any attempts at making this formal and official and be "a group of people who adopt a shared discipline of praying in a particular manner for particular intentions" which we can perfectly well do by virtue of baptism without jumping through hoops.
[/quote]
I agree. I don't see any necessity for a vision or mission other than that which has already been stated.

I'm not great at composing eloquent-sounding prayers, but here's my little contribution.

To start the prayer...

[i]"Most Gracious and Loving God, Who calls all mankind to intimate union with Yourself,..."[/i]

And the usual ending...

[i]"We ask this in the name of Jesus, Your Son, Who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen"[/i]

And then of course, we need to ask our Mom for help...

[i]"Our Lady of Good Counsel, pray for us."[/i]