jmjtina Posted March 17, 2011 Posted March 17, 2011 (edited) prayers from our family to yours. I will make your mom a Mass. Love ya! I will PM you. Edited March 17, 2011 by Lil Red
elizabeth09 Posted March 17, 2011 Posted March 17, 2011 Oh my. I almost lost my mom. But she still living. But I am sooo sorry about your mom, Red.
Lil Red Posted March 13, 2012 Author Posted March 13, 2012 if anyone is able to stop at 10:50 a.m. (Mountain Standard Time-DST) this Wednesday and say a prayer for the repose of my mom, I'd appreciate it. hard to believe it's been a year already.
IcePrincessKRS Posted March 13, 2012 Posted March 13, 2012 I will do my best to remember, but even if I miss the time I'll still pray.
AnneLine Posted March 13, 2012 Posted March 13, 2012 praying. Will pray Office of the Dead for your Mom that day.
AnneLine Posted March 13, 2012 Posted March 13, 2012 (edited) For those of you who do not own the Liturgy of the Hours, here is a link to an on-line version. Unfortunately they do NOT have the Office of the Dead, but you are welcome to pray the Wednesday Morning office if you wish. If you do, you would be praying with the whole Church and we an all lift Red and her Mother up to the intercession of all the Church that way..... It changes each day, but you just click on the little tabs as if they were piano keys and the whole thing will be there for you. I will plan to pray Morning Prayer at the time you requested, Red.... hope others can join me/us. [url="http://divineoffice.org/"]http://divineoffice.org/[/url] Edited March 13, 2012 by AnneLine
mme_hardy Posted March 13, 2012 Posted March 13, 2012 I'll do my best. God bless all of you on this difficult day.
homeschoolmom Posted March 13, 2012 Posted March 13, 2012 I missed the time, Red, but I'm leaving for Adoration soon. I will pray for her (and you) then.
MissyP89 Posted March 13, 2012 Posted March 13, 2012 Red, I'm putting you and your mom in my calendar slot tomorrow. <3 Keep your head up.
IcePrincessKRS Posted March 13, 2012 Posted March 13, 2012 [quote name='homeschoolmom' timestamp='1331659705' post='2400144'] I missed the time, Red, but I'm leaving for Adoration soon. I will pray for her (and you) then. [/quote] You didn't, though! I thought I did, too, but today is only Tuesday. The special request is for tomorrow. We're still good.
Lil Red Posted March 13, 2012 Author Posted March 13, 2012 [quote name='homeschoolmom' timestamp='1331659705' post='2400144'] I missed the time, Red, but I'm leaving for Adoration soon. I will pray for her (and you) then. [/quote] it's tomorrow thank you, my friend.
AnneLine Posted March 13, 2012 Posted March 13, 2012 God is out of time.... and the angels will adjust time schedules as needed. Prayers for you all, Red....
FutureCarmeliteClaire Posted March 13, 2012 Posted March 13, 2012 Prayer, Red! I will be praying for you bunches.
AnneLine Posted March 13, 2012 Posted March 13, 2012 Red, are there any particular prayer forms you would prefer that we use when praying for you/your mom? I suggested Liturgy of the Hours because it IS liturgy, which means you have the whole Church praying for/with you. But if you or your mom had a special devotin or preference,please let us know.... Blessings....
Lil Red Posted March 13, 2012 Author Posted March 13, 2012 (edited) my mom was especially devoted to St. Rita of Cascia (those who received a thank you note last year for the flowers should have also received the prayer card we made), especially after visiting her shrine in Italy on a pilgrimage. thank you Anne. this is what the prayer card said: "O Holy Patroness of those in need, St. Rita, so humble, pure and patient, whose pleadings with the Divine Spouse are irresistible, obtain for us from your Crucified Jesus our request for (mention request). Be gracious toward us for the greater glory of God and we promise to honor you and sing your praises forever. Amen" Edited March 13, 2012 by Lil Red
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now