Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

dominicansoul
Posted

[color="#0000FF"]1 Corinthians[/color]
[color="#FF0000"]Chapter 13[/color]

If I speak in human and angelic tongues but do not have love, I am a resounding gong or a clashing cymbal.

And if I have the gift of prophecy and comprehend all mysteries and all knowledge; if I have all faith so as to move mountains but do not have love, I am nothing.

If I give away everything I own, and if I hand my body over so that I may boast but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It is not jealous, (love) [b]is not pompous[/b], it is not inflated,

[b]it is not rude[/b], it does not seek its own interests, it is not quick-tempered, [b]it does not brood over injury[/b],

it does not rejoice over wrongdoing but rejoices with the truth.

It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never fails. If there are prophecies, they will be brought to nothing; if tongues, they will cease; [b]if knowledge, it will be brought to nothing[/b].

For we know partially and we prophesy partially,

but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away.

[b]When I was a child, I used to talk as a child, think as a child, reason as a child; when I became a man, I put aside childish things.[/b]

At present we see indistinctly, as in a mirror, but then face to face. At present I know partially; then I shall know fully, as I am fully known.

So faith, hope, love remain, these three; [b]but the greatest of these is love.[/b]

Posted

[quote name='AudreyGrace' timestamp='1303638192' post='2231756']
Welcome back! (I don't think I actually told you that yet).

[...]


However, it often seems that you post here to sound smarter or better than the rest of us. I know that may not be your intent, but that's definitely how it comes across. With statements like "I'll post how I like to until they ban me again" and "Now we can apply that to some here at phatmass with their attitude toward me," it's like a slap in the face to all of us.

[...]

It comes off rude and demeaning, especially to those on here who don't know as much about the faith and are still forming their spirituality. I know you claim to post in a strictly "matter of fact" manner whether we "like it or not" because you "have a great grasp on Catholicism", and that it's always our own fault if we take it the wrong way, but in my opinion, you should be less aggressive. 98% of the time it sounds like you hate phatmass, and it's like "...why is he here if he's so upset with the site?" Perhaps you were banned for fostering negative vibez on phatmass.

I know I might have just said a mouthful, but in all honesty, i love phatmass. And when I see people post like they hate it and like they're here in spite just to get back at the mods for an "unjust exile", it upsets me, mostly because that is not the Catholic attitude that phatmass is all about. The sad part is that I know that you know so much about the Church, and I would love to learn from you. But the more you keep throwing out snippy posts makes me question if you practice what you preach so well.

Again, welcome back, and I hope to learn from your positive- not disparaging -posts.

[/quote]

First, I don't hate phatmass. I love phatmass. I have always loved phatmass. If I didn't love phatmass I wouldn't have almost 7000 posts here. The funny thing is that when I had the Church Scholar tag, my style was perfectly acceptable. Now that I don't have the Church Scholar tag, I am being villified. This really isn't on me. This really isn't a complex that I have. This really isn't about me. This really is about something else. I haven't put my finger on it yet (well, maybe I have, but I'm unwilling to state it for fear of more retribution), but maybe not; at any rate I am not ready to publicly state what my thoughts are.

Second, you can't apply a universal to a particular in the way you have, it doesn't make sense. I have tons of respect for all of the posters here, but that doesn't mean that I'm going to handle people with kid gloves. I firmly believe that it was through kid gloves that the Church leaders got us into this mess. It is as if saying something authoratatively and straightforwardly is an affront to the person it was addressed to. Not so. The funny thing is that you're telling me that I'm being too harsh, yet you've just responded to me in the same way that you say I respond to others. I'm not angry about it, but I find it interesting that you feel you can do that to me, but I'm not able to do that to others....that is part of the problem....the double standards.

Because I am a "traddy" Catholic, there is a stigma that I am simply an ogre. Not so. I am a very caring person. I am on fire with the Faith of Christ and I share it in a way that is clear, concise, and unapologetic. That does offend people, but then again if sensibilites weren't offended or "challenged" what is the impotice for sparking the fire within. Love simply isn't enough. Christ didn't just love. There were times that he was VERY forceful through his actions. There is more to conversion than "unicorns and glitter" (as Flo would say). But it really is this idea that "traddy" Catholics are evil and on the fringe which permiates. Take the time to get to know me. There are some here who have known me for years and one in particular (jaime (the artist formerly known as hot stuff)) who can tell you that I am exactly the same today as I was in 1995 when he met me and in August 2004 when I joined this site.

To plainly put it, I am not going to soften my stance on the Faith. Being Catholic means standing up and taking the arrow. I am willing to do it. I just don't expect it from other Catholics, but then again I am pretty naive.

Third, how can you possibly blame me for being snippy (I like to call it defensive)? I've had my role here stripped away, been banned, been re-instated, and now labelled phishy, all because I am stating things which are 100% Catholic, 100% in line with 2000 years of Tradition, and 100% true.

You wonder if it were for the "negative vibez," as to why I was banned? No. The reason I was banned, the reason I was stripped of being a Church Scholar, and the reason I was labelled phishy was because dUSt has a beef with me. It was 100% arbitrary. He has admitted to it and has asked for me to pray for him. To be honest, it has nothing to do with what you're thinking, but rather it has everything to do with the fact that dUSt doesn't like me. Pretty fair, no?

So, take away from what I post what you will, but if people are going to be coy with me, I am going to be coy with them. They say, turn the other cheek....you know what that gets you? Hit. I'm ok with that from someone who doesn't know better, but I can't tolerate it from anyone who might know better. There is only so much abuse one can take before he starts hitting back.

This is about two things....it has always been about two things....

1. Fairness
2. Justice

Posted

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1303642893' post='2231765']
[color="#0000FF"]1 Corinthians[/color]
[color="#FF0000"]Chapter 13[/color]

If I speak in human and angelic tongues but do not have love, I am a resounding gong or a clashing cymbal.

And if I have the gift of prophecy and comprehend all mysteries and all knowledge; if I have all faith so as to move mountains but do not have love, I am nothing.

If I give away everything I own, and if I hand my body over so that I may boast but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It is not jealous, (love) [b]is not pompous[/b], it is not inflated,

[b]it is not rude[/b], it does not seek its own interests, it is not quick-tempered, [b]it does not brood over injury[/b],

it does not rejoice over wrongdoing but rejoices with the truth.

It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never fails. If there are prophecies, they will be brought to nothing; if tongues, they will cease; [b]if knowledge, it will be brought to nothing[/b].

For we know partially and we prophesy partially,

but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away.

[b]When I was a child, I used to talk as a child, think as a child, reason as a child; when I became a man, I put aside childish things.[/b]

At present we see indistinctly, as in a mirror, but then face to face. At present I know partially; then I shall know fully, as I am fully known.

So faith, hope, love remain, these three; [b]but the greatest of these is love.[/b]
[/quote]

Me likey the bible....thanks for sharing some of it....now maybe phatmass can love me a little.

Sternhauser
Posted

I wanted to see the ponies fight...

[media]http://www.to14.com/game.php?id=4d486a36053b1[/media]

~Sternhauser

Posted

[quote name='Sternhauser' timestamp='1303659990' post='2231818']
I wanted to see the ponies fight...

[media]http://www.to14.com/game.php?id=4d486a36053b1[/media]

~Sternhauser
[/quote]

Ponies don't fight....tay lovez.....

dominicansoul
Posted

[quote name='Cam42' timestamp='1303659945' post='2231817']
Me likey the bible....thanks for sharing some of it....now maybe phatmass can love me a little.
[/quote]

:console:

Posted

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1303672649' post='2231891']
:console:
[/quote]

Still not looking for consolation. BTW....I cannot access PM, so you'll need to talk to me here...TPTB have taken that feature from me.

Posted

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXdYrERzrWg[/media]

Posted

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXdYrERzrWg[/media]

Posted

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1303678971' post='2231943']
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXdYrERzrWg[/media]
[/quote]

http://youtu.be/e9Q3orQhEcA

Posted

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpBhrjfetkk&feature=related[/media]

Posted

http://youtu.be/ZmUlKPthrag

Posted

[quote name='Cam42' timestamp='1303600672' post='2231557']
Knows how St. Athanasius felt...
[/quote]
What is this I don't even :twitch:

Nihil Obstat
Posted (edited)

I believe Cam would be referring to the link he has been establishing between the historical heresy of Arianism (which was opposed especially by St. Athanasius), and the current heresy of Modernism (condemned most strongly by Pope St. Pius X).





Or maybe Athanasius just looked really good in a cassock.

Edited by Nihil Obstat
Posted

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1303695134' post='2232005']
I believe Cam would be referring to the link he has been establishing between the historical heresy of Arianism (which was opposed especially by St. Athanasius), and the current heresy of Modernism (condemned most strongly by Pope St. Pius X).





Or maybe Athanasius just looked really good in a cassock.
[/quote]


What he said...

Posted

Everyone who has openly supported the SSPX on phatmass has always been givin a phishy label. Phatmass very much does not want to be seen as a place where the position of the SSPX is considered correct in the Church, and therefore those who take that position. laymen who attend SSPX masses have incurred no ecclesiastic penalty and are indeed Catholics in good standing, though the priests themselves are not priests in good standing and are suspended a divinis. one should follow the Holy Father's lead with such people and be kind and gracious and extend every hand of communion to them because they indeed are not in schism from us, they are Catholics in good standing who weekly fulfill their sunday obligation. their position is to be opposed because it is a position which leans in a schismatic direction, and the masses they attend are illicit because the priests are suspended; but other than that, we can still be friends guys. we are still brothers inside the Church, even though one holds a position that is indeed contrary to the Church.

as regards the removal of your status and the events surrounding that, I posted this as an aside in the other thread but it appears this is better related here: I was personally perturbed after having stood up for you before based upon your history and record when I suggested some leeway on legitimate opinions. It makes those positions look illegitimate, and your previous accusers correct, because your attitudes were indeed everything those against you feared that they were. but such is life, and you must follow your conscience, but be it known that my previous assessment of your attitude was pretty [b]deficient.[/b]

Posted (edited)

[quote name='Aloysius' timestamp='1303703370' post='2232100']
Everyone who has openly supported the SSPX on phatmass has always been givin a phishy label. Phatmass very much does not want to be seen as a place where the position of the SSPX is considered correct in the Church, and therefore those who take that position. laymen who attend SSPX masses have incurred no ecclesiastic penalty and are indeed Catholics in good standing, though the priests themselves are not priests in good standing and are suspended a divinis. one should follow the Holy Father's lead with such people and be kind and gracious and extend every hand of communion to them because they indeed are not in schism from us, they are Catholics in good standing who weekly fulfill their sunday obligation. their position is to be opposed because it is a position which leans in a schismatic direction, and the masses they attend are illicit because the priests are suspended; but other than that, we can still be friends guys. we are still brothers inside the Church, even though one holds a position that is indeed contrary to the Church.

as regards the removal of your status and the events surrounding that, I posted this as an aside in the other thread but it appears this is better related here: I was personally perturbed after having stood up for you before based upon your history and record when I suggested some leeway on legitimate opinions. It makes those positions look illegitimate, and your previous accusers correct, because your attitudes were indeed everything those against you feared that they were. but such is life, and you must follow your conscience, but be it known that my previous assessment of your attitude was pretty [b]deficient.[/b]
[/quote]

You need to ammend. Laymen who attend SSPX masses have incurred no ecclesiastic penalty and are indeed Catholic in good standing [b]except at phatmass....[/b]

And it sure seems that phatmass isn't being kind and extending every hand of communion, when one is labeled "phishy." I am willing to be friends, but phatmass sure isn't acting that way, now is it.

Just how is the SSPX holding any position which is contrary to the Church? What part of the Church has the SSPX explicitly denied. You're holding a harder line than Rome, Al.

With regard to the last paragraph....If you were perturbed, I'm sorry. This whole thing has nothing to do with me being traddy, this has to do with a beef that dUSt has with me. And just because something looks to be a certain way doesn't mean that it is, now does it?

I wonder if you'll get edited for trolling me? Since you've now posted the same ad hominem in two separate threads? I somehow doubt it.

Edited by Cam42
Roamin Catholic
Posted
:wall:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...