An Old School Catholic Message Board

Purifying Vessels At Mass

Gal. 5:22,23

This is interesting... If you go by what the GIRM says, the language is, "... purifies, wipes, and arranges ...". This would lead me to believe that the purification is separate from the wiping which is separate from the arrangement. The way the GIRM words it, it is three separate steps--the wiping is separate from the purification.

So, if the only thing that is strictly reserved for the priest, deacon or acolyte is the [b]purification[/b], then maybe the alter server [b]is[/b] allowed to do the wiping and the arranging.

In other words, talk to the priest. hahaha

It all takes us back to Cam's original reply...

[quote]Absolutely not!!!! The wiping of the vessels is part of the purifying process. [/quote]
Maybe we should have asked Cam how he was so certain that this is true. We may have all jumped to conclusions based on an erroneous assumption.

[quote name='Cam42' timestamp='1306461827' post='2246457']
Oh, I'm all for engaging a conversation, when a conversation is warranted. How is discussing a fact warranted.[/quote]

Question for you Cam42,
You seem to have a good grasp of what is right and what is wrong, so I'm looking to you as an authority on matters of right or wrong.

[b]Is it wrong for the boy to ask the priest for clarification (in private) on Church etiquite if the boy doesn't understand why the priest is asking him to do something that the Church doesn't agree with?

[/b]Is it a better approach to have the boy refuse the priest's request in front of the congregation during mass. Would this be a better approach for the boy, for the priest, for the congregation? It certainly would make mass interesting and would give people much to talk about.

BTW is it important for the priest to be respected by his congregation? Would a boy pointing out his trangression in public impact the trust and respect necessary for the priest's role?

[quote name='stevil' timestamp='1306534634' post='2246896']
Question for you Cam42,
You seem to have a good grasp of what is right and what is wrong, so I'm looking to you as an authority on matters of right or wrong.

[b]Is it wrong for the boy to ask the priest for clarification (in private) on Church etiquite if the boy doesn't understand why the priest is asking him to do something that the Church doesn't agree with?

[/b]Is it a better approach to have the boy refuse the priest's request in front of the congregation during mass. Would this be a better approach for the boy, for the priest, for the congregation? It certainly would make mass interesting and would give people much to talk about.

BTW is it important for the priest to be respected by his congregation? Would a boy pointing out his trangression in public impact the trust and respect necessary for the priest's role?
[/quote]

This is my last post at phatmass...

It has been made perfectly clear to me that I am not welcome here by dUSt. I don't fall into his cult of personality...and since I don't agree with him 100%, 100% of the time, I am phishy....that is a word of warning for you...from someone who used to be very well respected around here...don't cross dUSt, he knows better than the Church, when it comes to correct judgment of one's heart.

Sooo...if you would like an answer you can find me over at [mod]Edited. -dUSt[/mod] I will answer your question there. I am literally shaking the dUSt from my pheet.

Vincent Vega

[quote name='Cam42' timestamp='1306536016' post='2246901']
[/quote]
This must be the trendy thing to do. I wanna try sometime!

Norseman82

A video summary of this thread so far:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hF0P5hS6DHo&feature=related[/media]

It has been made perfectly clear to me that I am not welcome here by dUSt. I don't fall into his cult of personality...and since I don't agree with him 100%, 100% of the time, I am phishy....that is a word of warning for you...from someone who used to be very well respected around here...don't cross dUSt, he knows better than the Church, when it comes to correct judgment of one's heart.
[/quote]
Sorry to see you go man.

All I asked was that you follow the guidelines:
http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

The same rules apply to every single phatmasser, not just you. Actually, I think if you'd be willing to simply abide by the phorum guidelines you'd be the most amesome phatmasser ever. So, put it on me, sure. I don't mind at all. But the choice is actually yours.

Either way, I wish you well in your quest.

dominicansoul

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1306568196' post='2247011']
Sorry to see you go man.

All I asked was that you follow the guidelines:
http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

The same rules apply to every single phatmasser, not just you. Actually, I think if you'd be willing to simply abide by the phorum guidelines you'd be the most amesome phatmasser ever. So, put it on me, sure. I don't mind at all. But the choice is actually yours.

Either way, I wish you well in your quest.
[/quote]

dUSt, you always respond with kindness...its sad that you are so villified. I [i]always[/i] keep you and phatmass in my prayers...

Edited by dominicansoul

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1306569577' post='2247018']
dUSt, you always respond in kind...its sad that you are so villified. I [i]always[/i] keep you and phatmass in my prayers...
[/quote]
:buddies: :blowkiss:

Archaeology cat

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1306569577' post='2247018']
dUSt, you always respond with kindness...its sad that you are so villified. I [i]always[/i] keep you and phatmass in my prayers...
[/quote]
:like:

Sooo...if you would like an answer you can find me over at [mod]Edited. -dUSt[/mod] I will answer your question there. I am literally shaking the dUSt from my pheet.
[/quote]

Ciao.

AudreyGrace

find me over at [mod]Edited. -dUSt[/mod] I will answer your question there.
[/quote]

:like:

Gal. 5:22,23

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' timestamp='1306531542' post='2246872']
This is the closest thing I have found so far, but the interpretation still has some greyspace I think. Unfortunately my pastor is out sick right now so I have to wait to ask.

[/quote]

Have you had the chance to ask him yet? I'm still getting conflicting information.

Groo the Wanderer

[quote name='Gal. 5:22,23' timestamp='1306888017' post='2248431']
Have you had the chance to ask him yet? I'm still getting conflicting information.
[/quote]

not yet :-(