An Old School Catholic Message Board

If God Is All Powerful, Can He Make A Rock So Big, That Even He Cannot

dairygirl4u2c

What do you mean of word ‘person’ in

................do you think Jesus and the father are the same person? ...........

dairygirl4u2c

the same entity? that is what i mean by person. i didn't mean a living breathing person, per se.

the same entity? that is what i mean by person. i didn't mean a living breathing person, per se.

Pardon me on this but, what do you mean by entity? We believe that God is Spirit. While Christ has ‘flesh and Bone’, so what do you mean by the ‘same entity’?

dairygirl4u2c

do you consider the son and the father the same entity?

i'm guessing apparently you don't.

how do you describe their persons and their relationship?

is the son God like the bible says? is the father God like the bible says? do you believe in more than one God? if you believe in one god, how are they both referred to as God? again, are they the same entity?

do you consider the son and the father the same entity?
i'm guessing apparently you don't.

how do you describe their persons and their relationship?
is the son God like the bible says? is the father God like the bible says? do you believe in more than one God? if you believe in one god, how are they both referred to as God? again, are they the same entity?

At the end of the day, you will end up in Trinity which is the error made by your early fathers through Valentinus’ teaching (a Gnostic).

Please see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentinus_(Gnostic) for your information.

In the fourth-century, Marcellus of Ancyra declared that the idea of the Godhead existing as three hypostases (hidden spiritual realities) came from Plato through the teachings of Valentinus,[9] who is quoted as teaching that God is three hypostases and three prosopa (persons) called the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit:

"Now with the heresy of the Ariomaniacs, which has corrupted the Church of God... These then teach three hypostases, just as Valentinus the heresiarch first invented in the book entitled by him 'On the Three Natures'. For he was the first to invent three hypostases and three persons of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and he is discovered to have filched this from Hermes and Plato." [10]

Edited by reyb

God does not expend effort. This question uses a physical understanding of power as some sort of effort. It's nonsense. 

Question settled. Good night, sweet thread.

so you aren't really explaining what you believe?

I thought this topic was already closed(?). Anyway,

It is written, ( Luke 10:22).

"All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows who the Son is except the Father, and no one knows who the Father is except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.

Now, why are you asking me to ‘explain’ who or what is God? Am I Jesus Christ himself?

God alone can do what you are asking of me.

But this is what I believe.

If you will seek Him – the real Jesus Christ - you will find Him.

Edited by reyb

so would you say it's fair to say that your view is that it is a 'mystery'?

Are you referring to ‘my belief’ about God and his Christ?

dairygirl4u2c

Are you referring to ‘my belief’ about God and his Christ?

yes

yes

You are asking me what is ‘my view’ about the relationship of God and his Christ. Okay, let me answer in figurative manner since I do not know how to put them into words other than to say that Jesus Christ is the image of God, the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, and I call him my Lord and my God because he 'took me out' from that exceptionally powerful restlessness when all of us are in that one body.

Okay. This is my answer.

Try to look in a mirror and then tell me, what relationship do you have in that ‘image’ in the mirror. 

Edited by reyb

• 4 weeks later...
Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

If GOD is all powerful than he can not make a rock that he can not lift becasue there is no rock that he can not lift, because he is all powerful. An even harder and stranger question which may actually be the roots of the question you have proposed is ' Can GOD forgive the devil if the devil repents."

Edited by Tab'le De'Bah-Rye