Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

HisChildForever
Posted

Gerard Butler is gorgeous, but Bradley Cooper is my #1 right now.

Posted

he speaks french too!!!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4iFRKEAD8c[/media]

HisChildForever
Posted

I saw that and actually put it on Facebook lol.

ThePenciledOne
Posted

Here's mine: Valerie 'LIGHTS' Poxleitner (she's an amazing artist as well, her voice is so sweet.

[img]http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/31708553/Lights.jpg[/img]

faithcecelia
Posted

[quote name='ThePenciledOne' timestamp='1307477079' post='2250916']
Here's mine: Valerie 'LIGHTS' Poxleitner (she's an amazing artist as well, her voice is so sweet.

[img]http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/31708553/Lights.jpg[/img]
[/quote]


y :like: :blush:
I'm a girlie, but I can appreciate that, she is one pretty lad

missionseeker
Posted (edited)

[img]http://hotcelebrity.name/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/gm1.jpg[/img]
Giles Marini. :love:


I love his character on Brothers and Sisters, and I tend to have a thing for foreign guys (particularly tall, dark ones) anyway. Unfortunately he is married with three kids. And a bit of a man silly sally... So...

Edited by missionseeker
Posted

My wife has a massive crush on Anderson Cooper. He is her "celebrity clause".

[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/120/266614110_89d66c5fba.jpg[/img]

Posted

[img]http://thetvaddict.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/alison_brie_community.jpg[/img]

Alison Brie, of [i]Community[/i] and [i]Mad Men[/i].

Beautiful, smart, funny, quirky, wholesome...mmmm....

Posted

[quote name='ThePenciledOne' timestamp='1307477079' post='2250916']
Here's mine: Valerie 'LIGHTS' Poxleitner (she's an amazing artist as well, her voice is so sweet.

[img]http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/31708553/Lights.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Heck ya! She's like Boxxy, except not a troll.

Her song "Saviour" is beautiful. She's the daughter of missionaries and, while she doesn't classify herself as a "Christian artist," the faith of her family clearly has roots in her music.

Posted

BACON!
[img]http://www.businessinsider.com/image/4cb5f0057f8b9aeb6ca40a00/louis-moore-bacon-sculpture.jpg[/img]

Posted

My crush is on Fox Sports announcer, and Texas Rangers post game anchor Emily Jones. I keep my "celebrity clause" local. It's just smarter.

[img]http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/1010/did.you.see.that.1008/images/3961010020467_angels_at_ran.jpg[/img]

Posted

My solution is to have a [i]slew[/i] of crushes so I can fall hard but briefly ;). Also, most of them are either fictional characters or long dead. When you fall for St. Bernard of Clairveaux, it's mildly embarrassing, but not exactly dangerous.


So, we'll start with the first one. Atreyu, from [i]The Neverending Story[/i].

[img]http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kpw4fpTvv11qa3716o1_250.jpg[/img]

Shuddup. I was the same age, so it's not as creepy as it would be if I still liked him. Or if I listed Jareth from Labyrinth. I liked him because he went on a quest. This will be a common theme....



Next....strangely enough, I survived my teen years without developing any celebrity crushes. I think I was more infatuated with guys in real life at that point (ie, classmates). Only exception I can think of is James Earl Jones' voice. Maybe Westly in [i]Princess Bride[/i] (Cary Elwes) and Luke Skywalker (Mark Hammill). Oh, and Brent Spiner. I [i]was[/i] a bit obsessed with Data.

[img]http://images.wikia.com/memoryalpha/en/images/4/4f/Data,_2366.jpg[/img]


But then they made a movie of [i]Lord of the Rings[/i], and I was quite smitten with Elijah Wood as Frodo. Again...my age, people. I had loved Frodo in the books since I'd read them years before, so it was only natural I'd fall for the character on screen. Then again, I also loved Faramir, too, but was remotely interested in the movie version of him (since they [i]ruined[/i] him!!)

[img]http://www.theargonath.cc/characters/frodo/pictures/ffotrcouncil27.jpg[/img]

Observing the reaction of young teenage girls to Orlando Bloom pretty much killed any interest in Legolas for me, but he's cuter with dark hair, so I did like his 'Elizabeth goes free!' stint as Will Turner.

[img]http://images.wikia.com/pirates/images/4/4a/WillPearl.JPG[/img]

Best. Wedding. Evah!!!! [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvenEcIHw8E[/media]


Moving on...Alan Rickman as Snape. I think it's [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrGOhF5cJH4]the voice[/url]...and just his total win and [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlIKLLkvulY&feature=related]amesomeness[/url]. I aspired to be just like him as a chemistry teacher :)

[img]http://idigitalcitizen.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/severus-snape-purple.jpg?w=320[/img]

Definitely too old for me, but whatever.

I also developed a strange obsession with Voldemort's robes in the 4th Harry Potter movie, but we'll overlook that for the moment.


Next up, Edward Norton. Not really for Fight Club or American History X, though he does have excellent roles in those movies. Nope, I like him in [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STnWeHx41p4]Red Dragon[/url], where we get to watch Hannibal Lecter [i]almost[/i] kill him. C'mon, who survives being murdered by Lecter?

[img]http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsN/19641-25837.gif[/img]

He's a very articulate and thinking celebrity, though I don't exactly agree with his politics or anything. He did play a priest in a comedy, though I haven't seen it.


Hmmm, and most recently? Definitely gotta be Norman Reedus.
[img]http://quizilla.teennick.com/user_images/B/billysantiago/1047819064_cksaints01.jpg[/img]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8HrxkhpiMw]Interview[/url] He's a lot more soft-spoken than his co-stars, so he doesn't really say much in interviews usually, but I do like his...well, introvertedness. He's very...artistic...in the way he thinks over things. A little bit contemplative, maybe, though of course he is [i]not[/i] religious.

His character, Murphy MacManus, is a Catholic vigilante who wears a rosary and has tattooes of the Virgin Mary and Latin (Aequitas) and kills bad guys. All while talking in a fake-Irish accent ;).

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVs9Tuapoqw[/media]
*language warning*

I do have a thing for brothers, though. I like Connor and Murphy MacManus, Edward and Alphonse Elric (from Fullmetal Alchemist) and Peter and Edmund Pevensie from Narnia. Frodo and Sam from LotR ;). All seven Sons of Feanor, though mostly Maedhros and Maglor, the two oldest, in the Silmarillion. I have two brothers of my own, so it's not strictly a romantic ideal thing. It's just that the friendship of David and Jonathon is really cool, you know?

Vincent Vega
Posted

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1307478097' post='2250937']
Heck ya! She's like Boxxy, except not a troll.
[/quote]
Uhhh you say that like not being a troll makes her better.
You wrong.

Posted

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1307481827' post='2250968']
Uhhh you say that like not being a troll makes her better.
You wrong.
[/quote]

Didn't mean to disturb Phatmass' /b-hive.

HopefulBride
Posted (edited)

[quote name='HisChildForever' timestamp='1307471236' post='2250871']
Gerard Butler is gorgeous, but Bradley Cooper is my #1 right now.
[/quote]

Non non et non. Monsieur Cooper est MON crush.

Edited by HopefulBride
Nihil Obstat
Posted

Oh, almost forgot.
[img]http://images.wikia.com/mlp/images/f/f5/Rarity.jpg[/img]

:|

LinaSt.Cecilia2772
Posted

Mine by far is Dancing with the Stars pro Maksim Chmerkovskiy. Absolutely gorgeous and an amazing ballroom and latin dancer =)


[img]http://www.countrymusictattletale.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/maksim_chmerkovskiy-246x300.jpg[/img]

AudreyGrace
Posted

[quote name='MithLuin' timestamp='1307478456' post='2250941']
But then they made a movie of [i]Lord of the Rings[/i], and I was quite smitten with Elijah Wood as Frodo. Again...my age, people. I had loved Frodo in the books since I'd read them years before, so it was only natural I'd fall for the character on screen. Then again, I also loved Faramir, too, but was remotely interested in the movie version of him (since they [i]ruined[/i] him!!)

[img]http://www.theargonath.cc/characters/frodo/pictures/ffotrcouncil27.jpg[/img]

Observing the reaction of young teenage girls to Orlando Bloom pretty much killed any interest in Legolas for me, but he's cuter with dark hair, so I did like his 'Elizabeth goes free!' stint as Will Turner.

[img]http://images.wikia.com/pirates/images/4/4a/WillPearl.JPG[/img]

Next up, Edward Norton. Not really for Fight Club or American History X, though he does have excellent roles in those movies. Nope, I like him in [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STnWeHx41p4"]Red Dragon[/url], where we get to watch Hannibal Lecter [i]almost[/i] kill him. C'mon, who survives being murdered by Lecter?

[img]http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsN/19641-25837.gif[/img]

He's a very articulate and thinking celebrity, though I don't exactly agree with his politics or anything. He did play a priest in a comedy, though I haven't seen it.


Hmmm, and most recently? Definitely gotta be Norman Reedus.
[img]http://quizilla.teennick.com/user_images/B/billysantiago/1047819064_cksaints01.jpg[/img]
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8HrxkhpiMw"]Interview[/url] He's a lot more soft-spoken than his co-stars, so he doesn't really say much in interviews usually, but I do like his...well, introvertedness. He's very...artistic...in the way he thinks over things. A little bit contemplative, maybe, though of course he is [i]not[/i] religious.

His character, Murphy MacManus, is a Catholic vigilante who wears a rosary and has tattooes of the Virgin Mary and Latin (Aequitas) and kills bad guys. All while talking in a fake-Irish accent ;).

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVs9Tuapoqw[/media]
*language warning*

I do have a thing for brothers, though. I like Connor and Murphy MacManus, and Peter and Edmund Pevensie from Narnia. Frodo and Sam from LotR ;).
[/quote]

:o
You're amazing.
This whole post just about made me die. In a good way.
Everyone thinks I'm stupid when i say i like sam and frodo! lol
The Boondock Saints... :love: :irish:

AudreyGrace
Posted

Okay, so currently, these guys won me over. Il Volo, an Italian group of young male singers.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw3c5d3aBSE&NR=1[/media]

Debra Little
Posted

Harrison Ford

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...