An Old School Catholic Message Board

Who Is Your Celebrity Crush?

OnlySunshine

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1307470389' post='2250865']
[img]http://www.hipgirlie.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/yuna-kim-02.jpg[/img]
:|
[spoiler]
[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showuser=1147"]Moosey- Member Profile[/url]
:wub:
[/spoiler]
[/quote]
weebo

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1307675007' post='2251869']
weebo
[/quote]
She's Korean.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1307675810' post='2251878']
She's Korean.
[/quote]
You're making my argument for me.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1307677827' post='2251891']
You're making my argument for me.
[/quote]
[img]http://mtpundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/shut-up-hippie-nixon.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1307674554' post='2251867']
[b][font="Verdana"][size="3"]Jim Caviezel

[/size][/font][/b]
[/quote]

I thought he was pretty cool until I found out that he may be with the Catholics that are disconnected from the Pope, or something along those lines. Anyone know? I still like him, but I feel bad for him.

Edited by JoyfulLife

[quote name='JoyfulLife' timestamp='1307729232' post='2252073']
I thought he was pretty cool until I found out that he may be with the Catholics that are disconnected from the Pope, or something along those lines. Anyone know? I still like him, but I feel bad for him.
[/quote]
proof.

OnlySunshine

[quote name='JoyfulLife' timestamp='1307729232' post='2252073']
[/quote]

I seriously doubt that this is the case. He met Pope John Paul II when he was still alive and had a lot of reverence for the Holy Father. Mel Gibson on the other hand...

I never could understand the concept of crushes? I have seen plenty of movies and almost each one has someone in it you like and someone you dislike, if the acting is good, there always has to be the appealing one and the opposite for contrast. I am a man and see men play a role that leads me to think I would either like that character or could relate to or back what he is doing. When I see gorgeous women actresses I think wow she is beautiful, but these feelings leave me after I leave the theatre. Unless I see an actor that has repeated exposure I can not recall their names. I used to call Angelina Jolie, Laura Croft from the movie she made where she played the heroine from the Tomb Raider video game series. I actually like the Brad Pitt from a movie he made about Irish pavees, although I could not tell you his name until I started hearing about him married to Laura Croft and all the kiddies they have acquired.

For the most part these actors are a strange lot, I notice that most the finer ones just seem to live the role, like they become the character, its almost as if these actors are people who are not emotionally whole, as if they are able to become another so convincingly because they are not in possession of a true sense of self. They as a whole seem to be the most liberal, most deviant and immoral group of people that society produces, perhaps because they have no true sense of self. Overall I do see some that I admire in the role they play, mainly because the role is about someone worthy of admiration, to be honest I would not walk across the street to meet an actor or ask for an autograph, no more than I would ask for an autograph from anyone whose claim to fame is pretending to be another, like, say an identity thief. i do appreciate when they do thier job well and I enjoy the film, but thats as far as my adoration goes for actors.

ed

Pontifite 7 of 10

That new gilr in the T Mobil commercials! Her dress is so cute! I laurve her! She is the prettiest thing to walk the face of the earth! I will supply picture!
[img]http://www.mobilecrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/TMobileGirl.jpg[/img]

I just noticed the Jim Caviezel remarks, I do not know his true relationship or standing with the Church but I did see him two years ago at Mary Queen of the Universe Basilica in Orlando Fl. It was during the holidays and the priest was gushing over him, he actually introduced him at the beginning of mass. Mr. Caviezel was there to meet with studio execs about a role and take his fammy to dizzy world . He left after mass yet took the time to meet with the throng that surrounded him, I did not bother to go over as i had other things to do, but he seemed like a nice guy. I could see he was embarrassed when the priest asked him to stand and introduced him as Jim Caveizel the actor for the Mel Gibson movie who played Christ, although I thought at the time that was inappropriate as mass had started and I was there for the sacrament, not to see some actor.

ed

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1307675246' post='2251873']
[img]http://bakugantoystvshow.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/1303374984-38.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Orly?

[img]http://blog.newsarama.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/NathanFillionFirefly.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1307729742' post='2252078']
proof.
[/quote]

I'm poking around online, and it looks mostly like he is a Faithful Catholic. It's troublesome when people say things that they aren't sure about. I'm running into this a lot lately. :smile3: I'm glad I said "[i]may[/i] be..."

Edited by JoyfulLife