An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Civilized And Focused Discussion On Life Teen

Steve

[quote name='Brother Adam' timestamp='1310850854' post='2268318']
And once again I would like to ask that this thread be closed due to the unhealthy obsession some people have with the group.
[/quote]

amen

Vincent Vega

[quote name='add' timestamp='1310848018' post='2268298']
im sorry, what does ef stand for?
[/quote]
Extraordinary Form (of the Mass).

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1310852145' post='2268332']
Extraordinary Form (of the Mass).
[/quote]

'civilized discussion about the Extraordinary Form (of the Mass)."

is a lifeteen mass considered Extraordinary ?

Vincent Vega

[quote name='add' timestamp='1310852614' post='2268336']
'civilized discussion about the Extraordinary Form (of the Mass)."

is a lifeteen mass considered Extraordinary ?
[/quote]
No.

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1310853111' post='2268343']
No.
[/quote]

O, i see. Pardon my ignorance, but, what is or what makes for an EF Mass, then?

Edited by add

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' timestamp='1310850048' post='2268309']
Kindly stop condemning an [i]entire[/i] organization because of the sins of several of the members, its unkind, uncharitable and probably slander, you know the very tactics used against the Catholic Church on a daily basis. Lifeteen like EVERY other program in existence is only as good or bad as the local people running it.
[/quote]

if anyone has been slandered, it was by there own words

Edited by add

Vincent Vega

[quote name='add' timestamp='1310853257' post='2268344']
O, i see. Pardon my ignorance, but, what is or what makes for an EF Mass, then?
[/quote]
All of the cited and accurate information you could ever want here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extraordinary_form_of_the_Roman_Rite

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1310866882' post='2268477']
All of the cited and accurate information you could ever want here:
[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extraordinary_form_of_the_Roman_Rite"]http://en.wikipedia...._the_Roman_Rite[/url]
[/quote]
[quote]We could equally as much open a thread on a 'civilized discussion about the EF" where we start bashing those EF parishes that are lifeless, loveless, filled with angry and rude members, and pastors who think everyone is going to hell. That is not a deficiency in the EF, but in those running the parish.[/quote]

is the Traditional Latin Mass the EF you are talking about?

i like tradition and Latin is cool

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='add' timestamp='1310864487' post='2268448']
if anyone has been slandered, it was by there own words
[/quote]
No. Anyone who condemned an entire organization because of the actions of a few was the culprit.
Generalizations are the result of sloppy thinking and expression.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' timestamp='1310910799' post='2268720']
No. Anyone who condemned an entire organization because of the actions of a few was the culprit.
[/quote]

my case in point

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' timestamp='1310910799' post='2268720']
[/quote]
Are [b]all[/b] generalizations a result of sloppy thinking and expression? :|

havok579257

why do catholic debates on here always get like this. people arguing over masses and how some are bad. last i checked, i thought all things the church does is great. why if someone likes the no mass are they looked down upon compared to someone who likes the latin mass more. the latin mass and the no mass are both great because they are the catholic mass. why must catholics on here look down at others catholic who don't prefer the same things they do?

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='add' timestamp='1310911829' post='2268725']
my case in point
[/quote]
Really.... since you were the one to whom my post was mostly addressed.

View Postadd, on 15 July 2011 - 06:15 PM, said:
Life Teen's program can be good, however, they often perform all kinds of liturgical abuses during the in mass favor of creating a "lively spirit" for the kids. This amounts to a Protestantization of the Holy mass. Life teen's founder has recently been excommunicated by the church. He was excommunicated for founding a interfaith prayer group.... in other words for founding a schismatic group, and in a sense becoming too protestant.
(Not to mention Msgr. Dale Fushek's criminal record with children... He has had seven misdemeanor counts including contributing to the delinquency of a minor, indecent exposure and assault.)

This is what happens when people pray like protestants... they become protestants. We need to make sure we are praying like Catholics, not protestants, or we and our kids will loose the catholic faith and get a Protestantized version of it.

[quote name='havok579257' timestamp='1311015926' post='2269556']
why do catholic debates on here always get like this. people arguing over masses and how some are bad. last i checked, i thought all things the church does is great. why if someone likes the no mass are they looked down upon compared to someone who likes the latin mass more. the latin mass and the no mass are both great because they are the catholic mass. why must catholics on here look down at others catholic who don't prefer the same things they do?
[/quote]
WERD!

Ash Wednesday

[quote name='havok579257' timestamp='1311015926' post='2269556']
[/quote]

The key when things like this get discussed is to not let it get personal. People shouldn't make comments personal, or take comments personally. Someone might criticize a certain kind of liturgical innovation, music, priest or lay minister's actions as being wrong or deficient, but it should not be worded, or viewed, as regarding a person themselves or their character as being flawed or deficient.

It can get very tricky and it's an easy trap to fall into. What is really a difference in opinion about something objective (for example, a mass) often becomes wrongly worded or perceived as insinuations about the people that are the driving forces behind them. Not everyone that supports and attends LifeTeen mass is a heterodox idiot, and not everyone that supports and attends a Tridentine mass is stuck up and judgmental.

Edited by Ash Wednesday

havok579257

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' timestamp='1311018374' post='2269583']
The key when things like this get discussed is to not let it get personal. People shouldn't make comments personal, or take comments personally. Someone might criticize a certain kind of liturgical innovation, music, priest or lay minister's actions as being wrong or deficient, but it should not be worded, or viewed, as regarding a person themselves or their character as being flawed or deficient.

It can get very tricky and it's an easy trap to fall into. What is really a difference in opinion about something objective (for example, a mass) often becomes wrongly worded or perceived as insinuations about the people that are the driving forces behind them. Not everyone that supports and attends LifeTeen mass is a heterodox idiot, and not everyone that supports and attends a Tridentine mass is stuck up and judgmental.
[/quote]

but to condemn any form of mass the church approves is in effect condemning the church. if the catholic church says its good and approved, who are we to say different?