An Old School Catholic Message Board

Just A Heads Up

homeschoolmom

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='Luigi' timestamp='1308283744' post='2254951']
Ummm.... I'm not sure how to break this to you.... "Everytime" is supposed to be [i]two[/i] words..... sorry... crawling back in my hole now....
[/quote]

Thank you! Please, everyone, correct my mistakes! It's one of the best ways to learn! (this is sincere.)

You can come out, now, Luigi.

homeschoolmom

Okay, another one:

"Bill has went to the fair every year for as long as he can remember."

Has went?? Has gone. ;)

btw, I'm far from perfect. I know it. I use "shoulda" and "sorta" and "cuz" on phorums because it's very casual, and I certainly don't mean to imply that we should not do that. My purpose in starting this thread was to point out errors that I see and hear that I don't think the writer/speaker *knows.* I recognize that grammar education is weak. My own education was very lacking in that area. I was fortunate to have parents who corrected me and modeled good grammar. And studying a foreign language certainly helped me understand the grammatical nuances of English. I also know that in this tough economy employers can be picky about hiring. I know that poor grammar can tip the scales against someone. So, please don't be offended by this thread. It was not intended to be offensive.

bernadette d

[quote name='fides quarens intellectum' timestamp='1308270239' post='2254838']
People would make less grammatical mistake's if they knew their grammar good.
[/quote]

homeschoolmom

I think that was the point. It should be fewer and well (and no apostrophe). Fides knew that, though. :)