OnlySunshine Posted July 23, 2011 Posted July 23, 2011 My mom and I took the Metro bus from our hotel to Rodeo Drive in Los Angeles to walk around because I really wanted to sight-see. I originally wanted to go to the Grauman's Chinese Theater, but we didn't have enough time. My mom and I were on the lookout for stars there, as well, because we know it is a famous place for rich people to shop. We spotted places like Gucci, Chanel, Tiffany & Co., Hugo Boss, etc. We even took pictures. I spotted Jay Mohr in a silver SUV (either a Range Rover or a Mercedes)! I was so excited, but wished he was out of his car so I could get a picture with him and his autograph. He was the only star we saw. For those who don't know who he is, he was in [i]Jerry Maguire[/i] and [i]Are We There Yet?[/i] [img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-m1L0W7B0ISI/TeHtOIbc4nI/AAAAAAAAACk/BjeHOsbM7D0/s1600/jay_mohr.jpg[/img]
CatherineM Posted July 23, 2011 Posted July 23, 2011 I met Mary Hart in 1978. She worked for a local news show in OKC. Her husband at the time, Terry, worked for the company that did our highschool yearbooks. We were having some kind of workshop, and she was coming to pick him up and had car trouble. I got to have a look under the hood of her Mercedes. It was a diesel, and I couldn't help her. Honestly, she doesn't look much different today than she did then.
BG45 Posted July 23, 2011 Posted July 23, 2011 Robin Meade once, a celebrity journalist. Politically, do any of these count?: Henry Kissinger Tom DeLay George W. Bush Johnsonville brat Cheney Joe Manchin (then Governor, now Senator) Robert Byrd (late Senator) John Edwards (during his VP run)
Michael209 Posted July 23, 2011 Posted July 23, 2011 I have met Vitor Belfort and Phil Baroni (ufc fighters) Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka (old school wwf wrestler) when I competed at Grapplers Quest in Las Vegas. I have met Tito Ortiz (ufc fighter),Eddie Bravo (well known brazilian jiu jitsu champion) and Dave Camerillo (well know brazilian jiu jitsu trainer) when I competed at Grapplers Quest at the Tachi Casino in Lemore, Ca. I have met Uriah Faber (ufc fighter) on a couple of occasions.
homeschoolmom Posted July 23, 2011 Posted July 23, 2011 HSdad was on a flight with "Kevin's friend Chuck" from The Wonder Years [img]http://www.stopmikelupica.com/sml/chuck2.jpg[/img] I went to HS with movie's perpetual side-kick and goofball, Steve Zahn: [img]http://images.tvrage.com/people/6/17685.jpg[/img]
rizz_loves_jesus Posted July 23, 2011 Posted July 23, 2011 I've met Bart Conner and Nadia Comaneci on numerous occasions.
Deus te Amat Posted July 23, 2011 Posted July 23, 2011 Apparently, I sat at a bar with a famous tattoo artist tonight.
Lil Red Posted July 23, 2011 Posted July 23, 2011 [quote name='Deus_te_Amat' timestamp='1311393198' post='2274158'] Apparently, I sat at a bar with a famous tattoo artist tonight. [/quote] who?
Lil Red Posted July 23, 2011 Posted July 23, 2011 OH, and i have met a really amesome celebrity!!! [img]http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/247017_10150207861817945_500057944_7158345_3560763_n.jpg[/img] if you don't know who this is, your life is just plain sad.
Deus te Amat Posted July 23, 2011 Posted July 23, 2011 [quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1311393475' post='2274161'] who? [/quote] IDK, but apparently he's been on three different tattoo shows. I don't watch tattoo shows, so I don't know their names. Tattoo 911? Is that legit? Something in Florida? Another show that I don't know? Yeah, those three.
Deus te Amat Posted July 23, 2011 Posted July 23, 2011 This dude. [url="http://www.sixfeetunder.com/"]My link[/url]
Lil Red Posted July 23, 2011 Posted July 23, 2011 [quote name='Deus_te_Amat' timestamp='1311393793' post='2274164'] This dude. [url="http://www.sixfeetunder.com/"]My link[/url] [/quote] he always seemed cool on the 'reality' shows i saw.
Deus te Amat Posted July 23, 2011 Posted July 23, 2011 [quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1311393562' post='2274162'] OH, and i have met a really amesome celebrity!!! [img]http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/247017_10150207861817945_500057944_7158345_3560763_n.jpg[/img] if you don't know who this is, your life is just plain sad. [/quote] I've met him.
Lil Red Posted July 23, 2011 Posted July 23, 2011 [quote name='Deus_te_Amat' timestamp='1311394748' post='2274170'] I've met him. [/quote] me too! and i get to see him again in about 2 weeks!
Deus te Amat Posted July 23, 2011 Posted July 23, 2011 [quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1311395287' post='2274173'] me too! and i get to see him again in about 2 weeks! [/quote]
Lil Red Posted July 23, 2011 Posted July 23, 2011 [quote name='Deus_te_Amat' timestamp='1311395455' post='2274175'] [/quote] u jelly?!
Luigi Posted July 23, 2011 Posted July 23, 2011 (edited) I haven't watched television in a really long time, and I almost never go to the movies. So if I did run into a celebrity, I probably wouldn't know it. But it is inconsiderate of you to say that my life is just plain sad. No, it's worse than inconsiderate - it's unkind. No, that's also too weak - it's inconsiderate, unkind, and MEAN of you! No, it's DOWNRIGHT [size="5"]CRUEL[/size] of you to accuse me of having a "just plain sad" life - this is the only life I have! Wait, wait.... Must you always be so CRUELLY [size="6"]JUDGMENTAL[/size] about everything I post just because I don't blindly follow the same vacuous - and probably [size="7"]HERETICAL[/size] - so-called celebrities you worship? Vacuous, [b][size="7"]HERETICAL[/size] [/b]so-called celebrities are false idols - they are the Golden Calves of modern American society! CELEBRITY, I REBUKE THEE AND ALL OF THY FOLLOWERS!!!! There. I feel much better now. (Actually, if I were naturally impatient, I would have gone through the list and matched up an appropriate emoticon for each level of indignation. But what the heck?) Edited July 23, 2011 by Luigi
Lil'Monster Posted July 23, 2011 Posted July 23, 2011 [quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1311393562' post='2274162'] OH, and i have met a really amesome celebrity!!! [img]http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/247017_10150207861817945_500057944_7158345_3560763_n.jpg[/img] if you don't know who this is, your life is just plain sad. [/quote] oh hail to mighty leader of phatmass!
Deus te Amat Posted July 23, 2011 Posted July 23, 2011 [quote name='Luigi' timestamp='1311395518' post='2274177'] I haven't watched television in a really long time, and I almost never go to the movies. So if I did run into a celebrity, I probably wouldn't know it. But it is inconsiderate of you to say that my life is just plain sad. No, it's worse than inconsiderate - it's unkind. No, that's also too weak - it's inconsiderate, unkind, and MEAN of you! No, it's DOWNRIGHT [size="5"]CRUEL[/size] of you to accuse me of having a "just plain sad" life - this is the only life I have! Wait, wait.... Must you always be so CRUELLY [size="6"]JUDGMENTAL[/size] about everything I post just because I don't blindly follow the same vacuous - and probably [size="7"]HERETICAL[/size] - so-called celebrities you worship? Vacuous, [b][size="7"]HERETICAL[/size] [/b]so-called celebrities are false idols - they are the Golden Calves of modern American society! CELEBRITY, I REBUKE THEE AND ALL OF THY FOLLOWERS!!!! There. I feel much better now. (Actually, if I were naturally impatient, I would have gone through the list and matched up an appropriate emoticon for each level of indignation. But what the heck?) [/quote] For the Glory of God.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now