OnlySunshine Posted July 23, 2011 Author Posted July 23, 2011 (edited) I'm not sure if this counts as spotting a celebrity, but I've been to an *NSync concert as a teenager (1999) and a Celtic Woman concert a few years ago (2007 or 2008, I believe). Both were amesome in their own right, although our seats sucked at the *NSync concert because we were sitting in the nosebleed section behind the stage. It is interesting to note that one of the band members was missing both times! Lisa Kelly was missing from Celtic Woman because she was back in Ireland having her baby and Lance Bass (before he came out) was missing from *NSync because he was in the hospital with a bad case of laryngitis and the flu. Edited July 23, 2011 by MaterMisericordiae
BG45 Posted July 24, 2011 Posted July 24, 2011 [quote name='kujo' timestamp='1311433693' post='2274302'] I was at this really upscale sushi place last year with my girlfriend and another couple. We were laughing and carrying on, the sake and Ichiban flowing throughout the evening, when I turned around and saw A.J. Burnett. For those who don't know, A.J. Burnett is a pitcher for the New York Yankees and was a pretty high-profile acquisition 3 seasons ago. I turned back to the table and said "Wow. I think that's A.J. Burnett over by the bar." He's easily spotted, with his Super Sayan-hairstyle and full-sleeve tattoos on his arm (plus, he was the only person in the restaurant in torn jeans, flip-flops and an Ed Hardy t-shirt). The other couple said "Wow, you're a Yankee fan, you should go get his autograph!" My face twisted in disgust, as Burnett has been a stinker after his first year as a Yankee. I responded--again, fairly intoxicated at this point-- with "Him?!?! I <expletive> HATE A.J. BURNETT!" At this point, unbeknownst to me, he, and his lovely wife, had begun to walk towards their seat and were located about 18 inches behind me when the aforementioned profanity was uttered. I figured this out when the faces of my girlfriend and the other couple went pale, causing me to turn around and see him standing over me, glaring at me. I meekly smiled and waved as he continued on to his table, which was adjacent to ours. Needless to say, I was slightly embarrassed... [/quote] That totally sounds like my first encounter with a Catholic priest, though no alcohol was involved in mine.
Cherie Posted July 24, 2011 Posted July 24, 2011 Met Jim Caviezel and the Duggars. On separate occasions
BG45 Posted July 24, 2011 Posted July 24, 2011 [quote name='CherieMadame' timestamp='1311472223' post='2274587'] Met Jim Caviezel [/quote] Win.
MissScripture Posted July 24, 2011 Posted July 24, 2011 I was on an airplane with Anderson Cooper. I had no idea who he was, and only knew he was there because my mom knew who he was, sort of..."Hey, there's Cooper Anderson...or Anderson Cooper...anyway, that guy from CNN!"
OnlySunshine Posted July 24, 2011 Author Posted July 24, 2011 [quote name='CherieMadame' timestamp='1311472223' post='2274587'] Met Jim Caviezel [/quote] That's amesome!!!
Laudate_Dominum Posted July 24, 2011 Posted July 24, 2011 [quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1311458252' post='2274490'] George takei Bill shatner Leonard nimoy [/quote]
faithcecelia Posted July 24, 2011 Posted July 24, 2011 I used to go out with a guy who was stage manager at my local theatre and got to meet lots of celebs but not sure how many are that well known . That I remember immediately: I got very drunk with Faye Tozer from Steps I had a few drinks with Madge from Neighbours (can't remember her real name) My all time favourite was having coffee with Edward Woodward (who I have always had a very wrong crush on ) while he was in one of his last plays. Oh and as a child I met Norman Wisdom when my brother got hurt at the theatre we were going to see him in and he popped in to First Aid to check he was okay. And lastly, well known in brass band circles both as a performer and arranger, Maurice Bale was my grandad and best friend.
Groo the Wanderer Posted July 24, 2011 Posted July 24, 2011 (edited) Met Sean Hannity backstage at a book signing once. Shook hands with Randy White when he ate at my brother's chicken restaurant. Met Roger Staubach at a taco (amazingly good) (amazingly good) Bell franchisee convention. Kissed my bishop's ring at DCYC this year . Posed with a Radio City Rockette . Met dUSt, FranciscanHeart, and ironmonk. Spotted? yeah Colin Powell , R2D2, Gidget the taco (amazingly good) (amazingly good) Bell chihuahua, Celtic Woman , Steve Perry , Blue Man Group, TSO, Boston, Styx , Kenny G , Texas Rangers, Dallas Mavericks, Flaming Idiots , Craig Chaquico , Penn & Teller Edited July 24, 2011 by Groo the Wanderer
Era Might Posted July 24, 2011 Posted July 24, 2011 [quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1311458252' post='2274490'] O'shea Jackson [/quote] Were you rolling down Crenshaw?
FutureSister2009 Posted July 24, 2011 Posted July 24, 2011 I've got a couple of stories. Dolly Parton-Dolly was in the old movie 9 to 5 years ago and she recently composed the music for the musical of the same name. I saw a preview of the show before it opened and Dolly was at the performance! I was at the stage door and these photographers came out. They said they were there for Dolly Parton. I thought they were kidding, until Dolly walked out the door! I couldn't believe it! After they took a bunch of photos, she actually walked around signing autographs. And I talked to her briefly about how great the show was! She was so nice! Miranda Cosgrove-I don't know how many of you have ever watched iCarly or Drake and Josh or seen the movie School of Rock. But Miranda is a part of all three of those things so I suggest watching them! Apparently she's on tour right now. I had read she was performing in Philly on Friday night. Yesterday I was at work (McDonald's) thinking it was just another day. I was cleaning and I saw this girl come in with this man and I was looking at her from a side angle thinking she looked a lot like Miranda Cosgrove but that it couldn't possibly be her! As I continued to nonchalantly stare, I could see she really did look like her! But it just didn't seem like it could've been! Then another girl went up to her and took a picture with her. I asked that girl if it was really her and she said it was! She gave me half of the receipt she was going to have Miranda sign and then I finally had the courage to go up to her and ask for her autograph. She was really cool about it! I told her I've been a fan of her ever since School of Rock. She thanked me and personalized my autograph. Then I willingly got some ice for her for her soda! A few other people talked to her as well. It was basically all we talked about for the rest of the day. And to think, I met a celebrity and I wasn't even in New York or Philly or even Los Angeles! I was just working at a little McDonald's in New Jersey! Definitely the most memorable work day I've ever had! I've met a few Broadway stars too. I love to go see shows in New York. And the wax figures in Madame Tussauds Wax Museum which technically don't count!
Deus te Amat Posted July 24, 2011 Posted July 24, 2011 Pope Benedict. I was close enough to touch him, once.
LaPetiteSoeur Posted July 24, 2011 Posted July 24, 2011 [quote name='carmenchristi' timestamp='1311503954' post='2274811'] I spotted JPII at L. DaVinci airport in 2000 [/quote] [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/clap2.gif[/img][img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/clap2.gif[/img]
Paddington Posted July 24, 2011 Posted July 24, 2011 [quote name='Era Might' timestamp='1311428358' post='2274285'] amesome. I've never met a pro wrestler before. Big Boss Man still looking young after all these years.[/quote] [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_ASEd6-Lo0"]Ray "Big Boss Man" Traylor?[/url] He is dead.
Paddington Posted July 24, 2011 Posted July 24, 2011 [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nErCWfVtGds"]The Dating Doctor[/url] came to my college. We talked after his shpeel. I bought his book. He told me I'm a nice guy and he was sure she would like me. He offered to sign the book and I told him no thanks. Pretty awkward all around..
Paddington Posted July 24, 2011 Posted July 24, 2011 [quote name='Papist' timestamp='1311432677' post='2274297'] The Nature Boy lives in my town. I see him from time to time. The dude knows how to style and profile. [img]http://images.wikia.com/prowrestling/images/1/1c/Ric-Flair.jpg[/img] [img]http://wonkette.com/assets/resources/2007/11/ricflair.jpg[/img] [/quote] He is one of my heroes. On the short list.
MIKolbe Posted July 24, 2011 Posted July 24, 2011 [quote name='Era Might' timestamp='1311513258' post='2274840'] Were you rolling down Crenshaw? [/quote] Erik bought his grandma a house in Norwalk, about 2miles from the grocery store where I worked.... they always shopped there
JulianofLdn Posted July 24, 2011 Posted July 24, 2011 A few - mostly just to see, or to stammer out a shy 'Hi!' I used to work in a large central London bookshop and several celebrities came in to browse and to buy books. Others I've seen when I'm walking around London. Johnny Depp Sir Derek Jacobi Sheila Hancock Sir Ian McKellan Rowan Atkinson Michael Palin Ben Elton Richard E. Grant David Tennant Jeremy Irons Peter Capaldi Amy Winehouse Roger Federer. There've been others, especially authors. I just can't remember them [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/blush.gif[/img]
loveletslive Posted July 25, 2011 Posted July 25, 2011 when i was in rome this may i saw archbishop dolan, matt lauer from the today show...and of course Pope Benedict I was sitting up on the platform with him during the wednesday audience
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now