An Old School Catholic Message Board

Have You Ever Met Or Spotted A Celebrity?

OnlySunshine

southern california guy

I once met Michelle Obama.  Then I married her.  Because I am Barak Obama.

Oh yeah?  Well I didn't vote for you!!  And I am Ronald Reagan!

Ancilla Domini

Frankly, I haven't yet recognized a single celebrity-name on this thread...I have to go brush up on my pop-culture, I guess. :)

Edited by Ancilla Domini

homeschoolmom

Back in the day, HSdad worked at a movie theater and he sold a ticket to "Twilight Zone: The Movie" to Gary Coleman. :|

DiscerningCatholic

I met Emily Bear, my favorite pianist (she's signed by Quincy Jones, and has performed at Carnegie Hall twice, among many other venues) on the streets of Chicago this past summer!!! :smile3: Her mom invited us to go to Emily's lesson with them and I got to play for her and her teacher (who, for the record, has held the position of principal keyboardist of the CSO for the past 54 years) in the studio where Emily takes lessons! Her mom then took us on a tour in the building where Emily has lessons, so my mom, sister, and I ended up spending a few hours with them. It was epically amazing. :bounce:  And I was reppin' the Imagine Sisters shirt. :nun:

1238232_430430123740782_1225719576_n.jpg

21431_429182557198872_63277189_n.jpg

She and her mom knew me from YouTube, so it's not like I showed up out of the blue. They said that they'd seen my tweet to Emily saying (ironically enough), "We're gonna be in Chicago at the end of the month; it'd be crazy to run into you!" and that they were considering trying to put some kind of plan together to meet up because they wanted to meet me! Talk about nuts! :blink: When I sent that tweet, I had no idea that we actually would end up running into them... :|

Edited by DiscerningCatholic

Bruce Springsteen.  (Met and spoke with him two days in a row in the summer of 1987.)

George Will.  (Met and spoke with him at the airport and saw him months later in the lobby at a showing of Mississippi Burning.)

Imelda Marcos.  (Passed her in Manhattan on Easter Sunday 1992.)

John Leguizamo.  (Met him walking his dog after buying tickets at the box office to his Broadway Show.)

Michael Cera.  (Saw him last month at the supermarket in West Philadelphia, of all places.)

Justice Anthony Kennedy.

Senator Patrick Moynihan.

Senators John Kerry and Nancy Kassebaum.

Senator Grassley.

Probably a few more, but I'm tired.  I'm tired of all this fame.   :cry:

Edited by Clare Brigid

Elevators seem to be a theme here.  I once shared an elevator at Yankee stadium with both Phil Rizzuto and Joe DiMaggio.  I was awe stuck.

At my hotel in Sydney, I chatted with a man waiting for the elevator and on it.  When I got out of the elevator my friends who were waiting were awe stuck.  Apparently, I have been chatting with Kevin Spacey.