Luigi Posted July 27, 2011 Posted July 27, 2011 Offer it up as a sacrifice for the needs of all the Phatmassers. As much as you dislike it, all of our problems should be gone by the time you get home!
LaPetiteSoeur Posted July 27, 2011 Posted July 27, 2011 Newark's the worst airport, I think. But most of the other ones are fine. I got a complete body scan. That was, um, weird. But no pat downs...
Lil Red Posted July 27, 2011 Author Posted July 27, 2011 [quote name='Luigi' timestamp='1311736864' post='2276613'] Offer it up as a sacrifice for the needs of all the Phatmassers. [b]As much as you dislike it, all of our problems should be gone by the time you get home![/b] [/quote]
Lil Red Posted July 27, 2011 Author Posted July 27, 2011 [quote name='ardillacid' timestamp='1311738624' post='2276655'] cry baby [/quote] punk.
Lil Red Posted July 27, 2011 Author Posted July 27, 2011 7 Days... i suppose i should start thinking about what i'm taking, what i'll need to take, if i need to buy anything to go, etc... anxiety!!!
ardillacid Posted July 28, 2011 Posted July 28, 2011 [quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1311739275' post='2276660'] punk. [/quote] WOW that might have hurt my feelings if I were in 2nd grade
Deus te Amat Posted July 28, 2011 Posted July 28, 2011 Two days for me. I'll let you know how it goes.
Lil Red Posted July 28, 2011 Author Posted July 28, 2011 6 Days... told my confessor i needed to go to confession before i got on a plane and it crashed, thus sending me to hell.
MissScripture Posted July 29, 2011 Posted July 29, 2011 I always like to go to confession before going on a plane. Planes just seem like such easy places for God to smite me.
Lil Red Posted July 29, 2011 Author Posted July 29, 2011 [quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1311897829' post='2277814'] I always like to go to confession before going on a plane. Planes just seem like such easy places for God to smite me. [/quote] AMEN sister!
Deus te Amat Posted July 29, 2011 Posted July 29, 2011 I'm not going to be able to go to confession before I fly. I'm just going to have to trust in God's mercy.
Vincent Vega Posted July 29, 2011 Posted July 29, 2011 Wear closed-toed shoes, even if slip-ons, and natural fibres. In the even of a crash, presuming you're not killed on impact, these will make it much easier to get out and survive (nylon or other synthetic fibres melted into the skin are never good). That said, it is unreasonably unlikely that you or anyone you have ever known will ever die in an aviation related accident.
MissScripture Posted July 29, 2011 Posted July 29, 2011 [quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1311919964' post='2277987'] Wear closed-toed shoes, even if slip-ons, and natural fibres. In the even of a crash, presuming you're not killed on impact, these will make it much easier to get out and survive (nylon or other synthetic fibres melted into the skin are never good). That said, it is unreasonably unlikely that you or anyone you have ever known will ever die in an aviation related accident. [/quote] Then why do they ask if you're a pilot on the life insurance questionnaire?
MIKolbe Posted July 29, 2011 Posted July 29, 2011 being a pilot is a risk factor for insurance companies...and they charge more for that, as alot of insurance companies base their rates on some really outdated aviation safety stats...but you can get around that if you need too...
MIKolbe Posted July 29, 2011 Posted July 29, 2011 [quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1311737448' post='2276630'] Newark's the worst airport, I think. But most of the other ones are fine. I got a complete body scan. That was, um, weird. But no pat downs... [/quote] LAX and O'Hare are much worse, IMHO... and they all pretty much bodyscan now.
MissScripture Posted July 29, 2011 Posted July 29, 2011 [quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1311949356' post='2278075'] LAX and O'Hare are much worse, IMHO... and they all pretty much bodyscan now. [/quote] The airport here doesn't. Yay for tiny airports! The airport in Nashville had the scanners, but we didn't have to go through them when we were down in December. I think they were only using one. I also don't understand why, if military and you're traveling on orders, you wouldn't wear your uniform or at LEAST have your orders handy. They were letting all the uniformed military cut in line, and this one guy was digging through his bag, looking for his orders, so he could cut, too, but by the time he found them, he would've been just as quick to stand in line.
Lisa Posted July 29, 2011 Posted July 29, 2011 [quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1311949356' post='2278075'] LAX and O'Hare are much worse, IMHO... and they all pretty much bodyscan now. [/quote] Washington-Dulles is the devil's airport. I know this.
MissScripture Posted July 29, 2011 Posted July 29, 2011 The worst airport I've been to is Miami. It's just kind of gross and creepy. Also, apparently there is nothing there to do/look at if you have a layover.
Marie-Therese Posted July 29, 2011 Posted July 29, 2011 I usually fly out of ATL and I love it. Never been scanned or patted down there, if you pass the metal detector and don't have any other red flags like baggy clothing, etc., then they pretty much leave you alone. LAX on the other hand...the yawning open mouth to the gateway of Hell. I got herded into a body scan there pretty much at gunpoint, no options, nothing. Worst experience at an airport I have ever had and I have flown through 9 different airports. Nowhere near the number some people rack up but a few. LAX and O'Hare were the worst two I've been through. Whoever designed the LAX terminals should be beaten. If they are deceased, their body should be dug up and beaten, and then reburied.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now