Teen_Catholic Posted August 1, 2011 Posted August 1, 2011 I hate flying, too. I am an absolute nervous wreck on planes. I don't have do it very much, though. Good luck, BTW.
missionseeker Posted August 1, 2011 Posted August 1, 2011 I've been to RSW BHM PHL FNT ATL BWI Charlotte Midway Newark Toronto Roma Milano
Lil Red Posted August 1, 2011 Author Posted August 1, 2011 [quote name='missionseeker' timestamp='1312178308' post='2279635'] I've been to RSW BHM PHL FNT ATL BWI Charlotte Midway Newark Toronto Roma Milano [/quote] how's newark?
Lil Red Posted August 1, 2011 Author Posted August 1, 2011 [quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1312210847' post='2279705']big, dirty, inefficient. enjoy!!![/quote] amesome sauce.
MissScripture Posted August 1, 2011 Posted August 1, 2011 When we flew out of Newark, we ended up sitting on the tarmac for like 2 hours. That was the summer I met Roamin. I didn't know he was an airplane geek at the time, and he totally creeped me out by knowing we sat in the plane for that long when I had told him nothing about which flights we were taking.
Lil Red Posted August 1, 2011 Author Posted August 1, 2011 Ugh....my stomach is tied in knots and I am a wreck.
Deus te Amat Posted August 1, 2011 Posted August 1, 2011 BREATHE! Airplanes are safer than cars. You really have nothing to worry about.
Lil Red Posted August 1, 2011 Author Posted August 1, 2011 [quote name='Lil Red'] a wreck.[/quote] Probably a bad choice of words.
Lil Red Posted August 1, 2011 Author Posted August 1, 2011 [quote name='Deus_te_Amat' timestamp='1312214076' post='2279715'] BREATHE! Airplanes are safer than cars. You really have nothing to worry about.[/quote] I don't know how to explain it...my anxiety comes not just from flying, but making trips in general. When we went on vacation last month, i had a lot of anxiety too and we were traveling by car. I don't know if it is anxiety about the unknown, or what. Ugh.
Marie-Therese Posted August 1, 2011 Posted August 1, 2011 You will be fine, hon. And Cat (or any others with knowledge), what is Toronto like? I will probably be connecting through there later this year and have no experience with that airport. How was it?
missionseeker Posted August 1, 2011 Posted August 1, 2011 I don't really remember Newark except running and running to make the connection (because we only had 30 mins) [quote name='Marie-Therese' timestamp='1312215020' post='2279723'] You will be fine, hon. And Cat (or any others with knowledge), what is Toronto like? I will probably be connecting through there later this year and have no experience with that airport. How was it? [/quote] I'm not going to lie, I wasn't really paying attention to the airport while I was there. lol. I had no troubles finding my way out or finding my gate.I *think* the train just took me right to where I wanted to go. I am pretty sure it's a lot like Atlanta. The customs officer was a crotchety olf french canadian who was really rude.
MIKolbe Posted August 1, 2011 Posted August 1, 2011 [quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1312213865' post='2279714'] Ugh....my stomach is tied in knots and I am a wreck. [/quote] The good news is the airports have bars, and on 2 occasions that I can remember, they had us out on the Tarmac so long, they gave everyone a free alcoholic beverage. I'm just not a fan of all things jersey...from people, to sports teams, to clients, to roads, to airports (save for one or maybe 2 people, and 1 client). Please don't let my justifiable extreme dislike of New Jersey color you. It will be fine. Worst case scenario, you'll have alot to offer up! If you need me to yell at anyone for you, let me know.
Tony Posted August 2, 2011 Posted August 2, 2011 I've never flown (not afraid, just haven't but I've always wanted to ride Amtrak.. some day I will
missionseeker Posted August 2, 2011 Posted August 2, 2011 i've ridden amtrak from b'ham to ATL and from Washington D.C. to Philadelphia.
Lil Red Posted August 3, 2011 Author Posted August 3, 2011 less than 24 hours left. gahhhhhhh starting to pack. i was getting excited, because i was like, i'm gonna just do a carry on!! but then i forgot about the 3-1-1 rule, and i have some liquids that i need to have in their original bottle (like spray gel & conditioner - i go through a lot of those). BAH!!!!
littleflower+JMJ Posted August 3, 2011 Posted August 3, 2011 Yeah I had to travel to DFW and had a layover (even worse) because of my last minute purchase. My problem with flying is I get motion-sickness and the two planes I took were horrible (really small, one really cold, another too hot). The guy next to me had on way to much cologne and it gave me a headache. The good news...I survived! I concentrated on talking to God the whole time, sleeping or listening to music. Take a pillow! It made it a lot better. My reasoning...if you're higher up, surely God can hear you clearer right? Say a quick prayer and trust everything will be fine. Oh I went ahead and took luggage but it was expensive! If you plan ahead maybe you can buy your liquids at a market near by. Cheaper and less you have to carry on. Crazy part: Spent 5 hours total for flying (layover, etc.) and never even left the state! haha You will be fine! We will pray for you for good, safe travels! St. Christopher and St. Raphael, Pray for Lit' Red!
Lil Red Posted August 3, 2011 Author Posted August 3, 2011 i am trying to get all my liquids into some 3 oz containers (have to stop by the store tomorrow for a few more and for small contact solution). I really don't wanna spend $25 to check my small case, so i'm busting my butt to try to get it to work. sigh.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now