An Old School Catholic Message Board

Cat 'n' Missy's Badaz Thread

MissyP89

missionseeker

lol. I read that too. This is why they have to say that. :P

High activity musicians have a better chance of retaining certain mental abilities in old age; however, preexisting factors that may affect their choices have not been considered in this study. Social influences like motivation should be considered in future studies. Effects of musical training on verbal memory need to be analyzed further, by considering changes in brain organization that set in with age. A study on whether the effects of music are generalized or whether they affect only specific parts of the brain could also be undertaken.

but we all know it's true. ;)

YOU are badaz for what you did to your hair. I'm wondering if it really was out of spite, after all. ;)

Thanks for all the love today. It got me through.

Edited by MissyP89

missionseeker

How It Wound Up That The Bishop Cried

Once upon a time, about 700 miles from where I am now, there was a town in diocese that was having some trouble. Priests were unfaithful to the teachings and to their vows. Indeed, in a town about 40 miles from there, one decided to quit being a priest and run away with the married youth minister! It was a time of much turmoil and dissent in that diocese. At an average Mass, one would hear a classic sampling of Haugen and Canedo, sometimes even Bill Withers. Churches were in the round. And the coloring was stuck in the 70s with greens and oranges that made on think of shag carpets, only they were on felt banners. Clapping and dancing was commonplace. Beauty was rare; mediocrity abounded.

One year a class of Confirmation kids took it as their project to beautify parts of the church (among other things). In the side chapel where daily Mass was said, they stripped the room, and repainted it. They replaced the old furniture that didn't really belong in there with furniture that was conducive to prayer. The painted "mosaics" based off of the mosaics in St. Mark's Cathedral in Venice. When they were finished, it was marvelous. There was nothing ugly about the chapel.

These students also wanted to sing at their own confirmation Mass. So, they learned this [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlLrHWJcloA&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlLrHWJcloA&feature=related[/url] (not that well of course, but stil well) and when the bishop came to celebrate Mass, he saw the chapel and said "high schoolers did THIS?" and then he said Mass, and as the students sang that motet, the bishop wept.

Woah. You are in the wrongggg thread. :yay:

But wait. You said Bill Withers?

AIN'T NO MOUNTAIN HIGH ENOUGHHHH....

Chrysophylax

WOW that is amesome!!!!!! Cool, cool, cool!!! Love the music!
Totally badaz!

Edited by Chrysophylax

At the end of Mass they were like,

"Please join us in singing the recessional hymn, number *** in the missalettes, "Stand By Me."

In the back pew, I started: "Darlin' DARLIN' staaaand, by me oooooh..."

:| We need to go to Mass together someday.

missionseeker

[quote name='MissyP89' timestamp='1312682110' post='2282711']
Woah. You are in the wrongggg thread. :yay:

But wait. You said Bill Withers?

AIN'T NO MOUNTAIN HIGH ENOUGHHHH....
[/quote]

I can't post that in the bad Catholics thread. LOL

missionseeker

oh. but I wanted to make a story.

[quote name='MissyP89' timestamp='1312682452' post='2282718']
At the end of Mass they were like,

"Please join us in singing the recessional hymn, number *** in the missalettes, "Stand By Me."

In the back pew, I started: "Darlin' DARLIN' staaaand, by me oooooh..."

:| We need to go to Mass together someday.
[/quote]

oh my goodness (don't blasphemy) idk how i missed this! For reals?!

missionseeker

Did I ever tell you about the time I went midnght Mass and sat infront of these dudes who were commenting about the music? (comments like I would make) and at on point the organist put on the "choir" setting which sounds like a creepy "oooooh" with people singing. and we all just looked at each other and I said "It sounds like the Ghost of Christmas Past" and we all started laughing so hard that we couldn't stop by the time of the consecration. and so there we were like five adults shaking laughing because of the music.

sigh*