An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Do You Want Your Religious Name To Be?

Little Flower

• 1 month later...
Strictlyinkblot

[quote name='Pax_et bonum' timestamp='1329163162' post='2386467']
So, been thinking of your religious name, lilmon, now that you're back from the convent? :|
[/quote]

She's planning on changing her last name, not her first name. Isn't that right Lil'mon

I like the name Sister Katie Maria (cause I do really like my first name already..), or Sister Catherine Marie (St. Catherine of Bologna is my patron saint :) )

Edited by Kayte Postle

Sr. Mary Fiat of Jesus [b]or [/b]Sr. Therese Grace of the Visitation

•Fiat means “may it be done” or “let it be” in Latin.

• 1 month later...

Bump.

Sœur Jean-Marie Vianney de l'Prêtre Souverain et Éternel, et de Notre-Dame de Czestochowa

Sounds cooler in French. But the title will probably be one or the other. That name with BOTH titles is just a mouthful.

I don't know if I want to have my special Marian devotion or my devotion to Christ as the High Priest. I know I want to be Soeur Jean-Marie Vianney as my name.

Strictlyinkblot

Sr. Claire, or Claire-Therese. Claire means light and she's the patron saint of television. My name means vision or dream so they're sorta similar. Plus I love the two saints.

OnlySunshine

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1312700849' post='2282863']
My favorite female saints are St. Elizabeth of the Visitation and St. Elizabeth of Hungary. My absolute favorite name in religious life is:

Sr. Mary Elizabeth of the Divine Mercy

It honors the Blessed Mother and my two favorite saints, plus I have had a devotion to Divine Mercy ever since my reversion to the Church in 2007. It is very special to me. If for some reason I was unable to have that name because another Sister had it already or something, I would choose from these:

Sr. Mary Isabella of the Divine Mercy (Isabella is the Italian version of Elizabeth)
Sr. Bethany Marie
Sr. Marie-Therese (for St. Therese of Lisieux)
Sr. Miriam Rose (for St. Rose of Lima, another amesome saint)
Sr. Mary Catherine (for St. Catherine of Siena)
[/quote]

I still really like Sr. Mary Elizabeth, but since I'm looking into an order that only takes one name and already has an Elizabeth (as far as I know), I'm probably going to ask for either Sr. Bethany, Sr. Faustina, or Sr. Miriam. I really want something Marian, though, so Sr. Miriam will probably be my first choice unless another Sister has it. ;)

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

HopefulBride

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1333875266' post='2414356']

I still really like Sr. Mary Elizabeth, but since I'm looking into an order that only takes one name and already has an Elizabeth (as far as I know), I'm probably going to ask for either Sr. Bethany, Sr. Faustina, or Sr. Miriam. I really want something Marian, though, so Sr. Miriam will probably be my first choice unless another Sister has it. ;)
[/quote]

Sr. Marianna is Marian :)

OnlySunshine

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1333884210' post='2414370']
Sr. Marianna is Marian :)
[/quote]

Ooooo, that's pretty! I like that because it incorporates my Confirmation name which is St. Anne. :)