vee Posted August 28, 2011 Posted August 28, 2011 As Catholics we are to avoid occasions of sin and try to avoid causing others to sin. Talking about one's body around people who struggle with lust isnt exactly helping them.
vee Posted August 28, 2011 Posted August 28, 2011 [quote name='rizz_loves_jesus' timestamp='1314506442' post='2296225'] If even mentioning my body to people who have never seen or talked to me before is tempting to you, then I... just don't even know. [/quote] Im a woman, Im not tempted by you, however you are talking about your chest around guys and I do know that guys like boobs and when you start to describe them and what you wear, well I think they like that too.
dominicansoul Posted August 28, 2011 Posted August 28, 2011 vee is not tempted, cos she's a lady... i was thinking more of the men coming on here and reading about your problem with covering up yourself... i think modesty these days is in the eyes of the beholder... at least that's the conclusion i come too after reading modesty threads on phatmass... some of you are very open about your curves, your breasts, etc. and struggling with men lusting after you... but i think that sometimes even mentioning such things can tempt men. I hope and pray that as catholics we come to an understanding about real modesty...because its not something preached about from the podium at Mass anymore, and it should be... and Modesty is not just in the way we dress, its in the way we think, its the way we speak about ourselves, its in the way we write about ourselves... things have to be balanced, we don't need to take things to extremes (ie. wearing a refrigerator carton seems to be the ongoing joke) but there is a great responsibility on everyone's part to not be the cause of sin for anyone (that goes for women and men.)
Jaime Posted August 28, 2011 Posted August 28, 2011 This thread got weird. I'm a guy and Rizz did not turn me on with her post. I actually felt bad for her.
rizz_loves_jesus Posted August 28, 2011 Posted August 28, 2011 If I'd described my body in detail, that would be one thing. Providing a first-hand account of how people can be a little too judgmental about modesty is another thing entirely. Look, I'm sorry if my post caused lustful thoughts to enter into anyone's mind. I think that's really weird if it did, but I'm sorry nonetheless. My intention wasn't to appear sexy or to tempt anyone. I just wanted to point it out because some people (such as my ex) can be really ridiculous about modesty and being uncharitable to women who legitimately try. He was incredibly rude told me that I was "too seductive," even though my clothing was not revealing [i]at all[/i] except for when I leaned over. I'm not trying to cause lust. I'm not being immodest. I'm telling guys who are really hardcore about expecting women to cover up to be a little understanding toward each woman's unique situation. That's all.
missionseeker Posted August 28, 2011 Posted August 28, 2011 [quote name='jaime (the artist formerly known as hot stuff)' timestamp='1314507154' post='2296232'] This thread got weird. I'm a guy and Rizz did not turn me on with her post. I actually felt bad for her. [/quote] I love you for saying that. Just so the thread gets weirder.
Lil Red Posted August 28, 2011 Posted August 28, 2011 [quote name='Maximilianus' timestamp='1314506111' post='2296217'] Oh great, now we are going to be yellow again. [/quote] great.
Maximilianus Posted August 28, 2011 Posted August 28, 2011 Yeah that's right, this is the epitome of modest clothing for men... but I fear that even the ladies swoon when they see a fella like this [img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/---2SxSx2O3w/TZiDlBVL4LI/AAAAAAAAAyc/iOOQDGcBHv0/s1600/leisuresuit.jpg[/img]
Ice_nine Posted August 28, 2011 Posted August 28, 2011 if a man can't hear "I haz big boobies" without going off into a lustful frenzy, there is something really really wrong. I know that we should be mindful of people's struggles but we can't pander to them so much as to solidify the way they think. I can't say exactly what I mean without writing a beaver dam near essay so I'll just leave it at that but this thread has gotten so weird this is probs gonna be the last post.
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam Posted August 28, 2011 Posted August 28, 2011 (edited) [quote name='vee8' timestamp='1314503275' post='2296174'] tmi....As Catholics we are to avoid occasions of sin and try to avoid causing others to sin. Talking about one's body around people who struggle with lust isnt exactly helping them. [/quote] Listen, if a guy struggles with purity because the subject of breasts arose in conversation then that is his problem. If he is so hyper-sexual that he cannot be virtuous because of the very mention of breasts in an intellectual conversation about modesty then the proper response is prayers for him, not to chastise the person who was trying to say that there will be times when even the most modest person is not fully veiled. Rizz was simply making the point that women often do the best they can and it is up to Christian men to respect them in the cases where it is just not possible to be veil everything. No one is perfectly modest. It is, on those rare occasions when--due to circumstances not completely in the woman's control--that even the most modest person may not cover [i]everything, [/i]that the man must respect the woman and not objectify or mock them for the way God created the woman to image Him. To chastise Rizz for trying to make such a point and using personal examples of how men failed her in this respect is puritanical. Women do the best they can and men should respect them no matter the circumstances. Edited August 28, 2011 by Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam
vee Posted August 28, 2011 Posted August 28, 2011 [quote name='rizz_loves_jesus' timestamp='1314507177' post='2296233'] If I'd described my body in detail, that would be one thing. Providing a first-hand account of how people can be a little too judgmental about modesty is another thing entirely. Look, I'm sorry if my post caused lustful thoughts to enter into anyone's mind. I think that's really weird if it did, but I'm sorry nonetheless. My intention wasn't to appear sexy or to tempt anyone. I just wanted to point it out because some people (such as my ex) can be really ridiculous about modesty and being uncharitable to women who legitimately try. He was incredibly rude told me that I was "too seductive," even though my clothing was not revealing [i]at all[/i] except for when I leaned over. I'm not trying to cause lust. I'm not being immodest. I'm telling guys who are really hardcore about expecting women to cover up to be a little understanding toward each woman's unique situation. That's all. [/quote] I see where you are coming from now. I pray we all try to dress for Jesus' approval first and that guides us. I think He knows our hearts best and if we are sincerely doing our best for Him thats what counts.
littleflower+JMJ Posted August 28, 2011 Posted August 28, 2011 [quote name='rizz_loves_jesus' timestamp='1314500293' post='2296124'] I'd also like to add that even if we do try, for some of us, there's no way to cover up [i]everything. [/i]Girls with bigger chests physically can't cover their cleavage 100% unless they're wearing a t-shirt, and no one wants to do that every day. [/quote] I know I gave you props but I still have to say I agree with you! The turtleneck suffocates me!
Selah Posted August 28, 2011 Posted August 28, 2011 (edited) I just hate guys without shirts on. It just bothers me, especially if it's an old wrinkly guy with a chest full of grey hair and he has obvious sun poisoning from too much sun exposure (THEN PUT YOUR SHIRT ON AND YOU WOULDN'T HAVE THAT PROBLEM! >: O ). It's one thing if it's at the beach or what not, but it just comes off as utter disrespect to, not only women, but also to himself. /endrant. [quote] "I haz big boobies" [/quote] LOL Edited August 28, 2011 by Selah
southern california guy Posted August 29, 2011 Posted August 29, 2011 (edited) I think that both men and women should dress like this! [img]http://www.asianews.it/files/img/INDIA_(F)_0304_-_VeiledMuslimWomen452.jpg[/img] But you know what.. That woman on the left as really beautiful eyes! Edited August 29, 2011 by southern california guy
Lil'Monster Posted August 29, 2011 Posted August 29, 2011 [quote name='vee8' timestamp='1314506050' post='2296216'] If a guy came in here and said he a large willy and didnt always care to wear pantz that kept it fully covered that would be....????? [/quote] ewwwww
dominicansoul Posted August 29, 2011 Posted August 29, 2011 [quote name='Maximilianus' timestamp='1314507961' post='2296238'] Yeah that's right, this is the epitome of modest clothing for men... but I fear that even the ladies swoon when they see a fella like this [img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/---2SxSx2O3w/TZiDlBVL4LI/AAAAAAAAAyc/iOOQDGcBHv0/s1600/leisuresuit.jpg[/img] [/quote] Tripp Love??? It would be very nice if all men dressed like this all the time: [img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-SjAkBGi_RJ8/TlMqCsJRI9I/AAAAAAAAAMw/m8sMaqUslwI/s400/Chris-Evans-various-Photoshoot-photos-chris-evans-10058742-800-1072.jpg[/img] (back in the day, men did dress like this most of the time...)
vee Posted August 29, 2011 Posted August 29, 2011 [quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1314590881' post='2296727'] Tripp Love??? [/quote] Could be Party Flavo, cus you know, it depends on the day of the week
Lil'Monster Posted August 29, 2011 Posted August 29, 2011 Actually I personally do know a guy who dresses in suit coat and tie all the time when he went to school. I never seen him wearing jeans at all. He only wore khaki slacks with a polo shirt on casual days. And btw he was cute and we were married for like 30 minutes on stage
Lil'Monster Posted August 29, 2011 Posted August 29, 2011 Also I HATE to see men wearing very baggy pantaloons that is not even on their hips or its way down to their knees! As a woman, I don't get impressed by any men who dresses this way. Actually I feel sorry for them. And also they look like penguins who are very constipated! And I don't want to see their boxers either! It's gross...very gross! Besides if you think about it, men who wear their pantaloons passed their hips and/or down to their hips will have problems when they become old men. Also did their mothers ever teach them to wear pantaloons in the normal way???? Men, pull your britches up and wear pantaloons that fits your size. Don't be a gangster! Be a cowboy!!!!
tinytherese Posted August 29, 2011 Posted August 29, 2011 [quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1314593729' post='2296757'] And also they look like penguins who are very constipated! [/quote] [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMwhl4IrPNc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMwhl4IrPNc[/url]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now