missionseeker Posted June 1, 2013 Author Posted June 1, 2013 A year ago I could fit in a size 2 (skirt)????? Shoot. I hope roller derby gets me back in shape. Anyway. I was showin this to my sister.
PhuturePriest Posted June 1, 2013 Posted June 1, 2013 A year ago I could fit in a size 2 (skirt)????? Shoot. I hope roller derby gets me back in shape. Anyway. I was showin this to my sister. I think you just wanted more props from new members.
missionseeker Posted June 1, 2013 Author Posted June 1, 2013 Actually I had a better post but then realized it might be too iffy for the forum. (A photo of a woman with markings on her legs for matronly, prudish, proper, asking for it, etc.) but then I ha gone through the work to find so I figured new props would be a perk. :p
PhuturePriest Posted June 1, 2013 Posted June 1, 2013 Actually I had a better post but then realized it might be too iffy for the forum. (A photo of a woman with markings on her legs for matronly, prudish, proper, asking for it, etc.) but then I ha gone through the work to find so I figured new props would be a perk. :P I will not fall prey to your power-hungry plan for more props.
Tufsoles Posted June 1, 2013 Posted June 1, 2013 (edited) Long skirts and me don't get along. I think it's because I am still shopping at the 5feet and under store.*sarcasm* Edited June 1, 2013 by Tufsoles
ChristinaTherese Posted June 1, 2013 Posted June 1, 2013 I have a confession to make: I am an immodest trollop. I was riding my bike in a peasant skirt into the wind the other day.... It was tied up so that it would have been fine without the wind. but with the wind, I had to choose between a) not caring what showed, b) pedaling with a hand on my leg feeling like I could die (I was on a narrow path on a bridge with walls on both sides) if something went wrong, and c) just coasting. I chose b (slowly) and c, with maybe a little bit of c (that is, I cared, but I didn't have a hand on my leg). :blush: :p More seriously, though, it does work pretty well to ride bikes in skirts if you're not wearing a peasant skirt and it isn't windy. And if you don't ride too fast. And safety pinning the skirt to something on your leg should be good, although I haven't tried that yet. (Although I got whistled at and hollers to go over to where a group of guys were anyway a few days ago, and not even very much thigh was visible. I'm clearly an immodest trollop.) By the way, I only looked up "trollop" the other day.... But I like the word! Why do all the wonderful ones have to have meanings where I probably shouldn't say them very loudly?? (What with the whole modesty stuff on here I'm sure it's fine, but in the middle of Seattle or just campus, say... probably not the best of plans.)
missionseeker Posted June 1, 2013 Author Posted June 1, 2013 How do you safety pin a skirt to your legs?
ChristinaTherese Posted June 1, 2013 Posted June 1, 2013 How do you safety pin a skirt to your legs? If you take and tie something around your leg and put a safety pin on that, then you can attach the pin to the skirt. I've never tried though, so I can't fully vouch for it working. I'm going to make myself a skirt (I'll make the pattern too, which I've never done for anything that large so it should be fun) this summer that will be attached to shorts underneath with snaps on the legs and on the skirt, which is a kind of spin-off from the safety pin idea.
Guest Allie Posted June 4, 2013 Posted June 4, 2013 How do you safety pin a skirt to your legs? Very carefully!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now