An Old School Catholic Message Board

Entrance Date Is Nov 14

Aya Sophia

Thanks all . . . now begins a few weeks of witlessly dashing to and fro ... (thought I had little to do! hah!)

[quote name='LadyOfSorrows' timestamp='1318733697' post='2321901']
Congrats!! Which Carmel, may I ask?
[/quote]

It is Sheffield Carmel, well known to nunsense! :)

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1318734375' post='2321909']
Say hi to all the sisters for me, especially Sr Pauline and Sr Rosaria and my old novice mistress, Sr Cecilia. And of course, my best to Mother Prioress as well. And prayers for your perseverence. :pray:
[/quote]

Will do - and thanks esp for prayers for perseverence - it is not easy and I am wimp so all any prayers for this are appreciated!

FutureSister2009

Well for one thing, I did not know that November 14th was the Feast of All Carmelite Saints so you learn something new everyday. And I try to hide my jealousy but GRRRRR

I'm....so...happy for you.

Prayers!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!! We'll miss you, but I'm rejoicing for you! I'll make a special trip to thank Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament!

[color=#A52A2A][size=4][b]Many prayers for you.[/b][/size][/color]
[color=#A52A2A][size=4][b]Couldn't have picked a more appropriate date.[/b][/size][/color]
[color=#A52A2A][size=4][b]Avanti[/b][/size][/color]

I am thanking God:
- for His peace that is drawing me on, enabling me to act and move forward
- that this painful period of my life is nearing a close
- for the terrible and wonderful graces received during this time

I'm also thanking God for my nephew who just shared with me the outcome of a school "interview" project for which I was the subject interviewed. In his own assessment of the interview, which I didn't know about, he said that he had learned many 'deep' things about me he had never known before and that he wanted to continue to get to know me better. :love: . . . :cry4:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, all

Leaving "home" one week from today, 4 Nov, to go on retreat in Mobile, then fly to Paris to visit friends then take the train from Paris to London the morning of the 14 Nov and head north to the monastery, entering, I hope, before Vespers.
Although I'm running out of time here, I still hope to post a little more on VS because...well, may be running out of time but am [u]not[/u] running out of hot air! :troll:

[quote name='Aya Sophia' timestamp='1319856483' post='2328437']
Hello, all

Leaving "home" one week from today, 4 Nov, to go on retreat in Mobile, then fly to Paris to visit friends then take the train from Paris to London the morning of the 14 Nov and head north to the monastery, entering, I hope, before Vespers.
Although I'm running out of time here, I still hope to post a little more on VS because...well, may be running out of time but am [u]not[/u] running out of hot air! :troll:
[/quote]

Wow, you'll be there before you have time to breathe! I hope your retreat is very blessed and that you have a good time with friends.

So happy for you to.......prayer and prayers and prayers.

[b] Prayer of Surrender[/b]
[font=Georgia,]
This prayer was written by St. Ignatius of Loyola.[/font]
[font=Georgia,]
[/font]
[font=Georgia,]
Take, O Lord, and receive my entire liberty, my memory, my understanding and my whole will. All that I am and all that I possess You have given me: I surrender it all to You to be disposed of according to Your will. Give me only Your love and Your grace; with these I will be rich enough, and will desire nothing more.[/font]

I'm excited for you Aya! Praying everything will go smoothly, and that you get home and get to [i]stay[/i] home... :)