An Old School Catholic Message Board

Entrance Date Is Nov 14

Aya Sophia

Thanks all, for posts here and for PMs. Thanks Maxi for the "Surrender" prayer - long a favorite of mine, praying itself in me almost like the Jesus Prayer. It's powerful.

AccountDeleted

Do you know which cell you will have? i wonder if it's the same one I had! Will it be the same one you had before??

Different cell, just to the left of the statue of St. Therese at the top of the main stairs. Smaller and not on a corner (has only one wall exposed to the outside) so... may be warmer! :like3:

AccountDeleted

[quote name='Aya Sophia' timestamp='1319976741' post='2328930']
Different cell, just to the left of the statue of St. Therese at the top of the main stairs. Smaller and not on a corner (has only one wall exposed to the outside) so... may be warmer! :like3:
[/quote]

AND less stairs to climb! that climb nearly killed me everytime! :P I loved my view from the window but that climb.... well, good exercise I guess :)

My favourite view was from the attic room though - open those windows and look out over the fields across the moors - so nice!

Edited by nunsense

Chiara Francesco

[quote name='Aya Sophia' timestamp='1319943168' post='2328801']
Thanks all, for posts here and for PMs. Thanks Maxi for the "Surrender" prayer - long a favorite of mine, praying itself in me almost like the Jesus Prayer. It's powerful.
[/quote]

I love the "Abandonment Prayer" written by St. Jane de Chantal, co-founder of the Visitation order:

[b]Act of Abandonment to Divine Providence[/b]
(written by St. Jane Frances de Chantal)

[size=4][i]0 sovereign goodness of the sovereign Providence of my God! I abandon myself forever to Thy arms. Whether gentle or severe, lead me henceforth whither Thou wilt; I will not regard the way through which Thou wilt have me pass, but keep my eyes fixed upon Thee, my God, who guidest me. My soul finds no rest without the arms and the bosom of this heavenly Providence, my true Mother, my strength and my rampart.[/i][/size]

[size=4][i]Therefore I resolve with Thy divine assistance, 0 my Savior, to follow Thy desires and Thy ordinances, without regarding or examining why Thou dost this rather than that; but I will blindly follow Thee according to Thy divine will, without seeking my own inclinations.[/i][/size]

[size=4][i]Hence I am determined to leave all to Thee, taking no part therein save by keeping myself in peace in Thy arms, desiring nothing except as Thou incitest me to desire, to will, to wish. I offer Thee this desire, 0 my God, beseeching Thee to bless it; I undertake all it includes, relying on Thy goodness, liberality, and mercy, with entire confidence in Thee, distrust of myself, and knowledge of my infinite misery and infirmity.[/i][/size]

[size=4][i]Amen! [/i][/size]

Edited by Chiara Francesco

Right to the heart of the matter, Chiara. The calm and gentle face of the Lord in the Visitation is visible in these words - beautiful to behold... Thanks.

Queen'sDaughter

Congratulations!!! So happy for you and I will keep you in my prayers. Please remember to say a prayer for all of us here after you enter!

Bumping this up since Aya Sophia is leaving for her retreat in Alabama TOMORROW and entering Kirk Edge Carmel straight from there. She is too reticent to do so herself :P

AccountDeleted

I will have to keep writing to Mother Mary of the Holy Ghost to find out how you're doing! :)

You know you have my prayers always, and I just feel that things will go well for you this time. Give my love to Srs Pauline and Rosaria and Cecilia (my old NM) and all of them! And say a prayer for me at the sisters' cemetary while you are praying for the deceased sisters during November!

:pray:

Aya Sophia,

I'm new to posting on Phatmass (and haven't yet written an official email to Vocation Station), but I've been reading the posts for a long time - and praying for you. Will continue to do so!

Blessings!