An Old School Catholic Message Board

Seriously, You Guys...

marigold

InPersonaChriste

Dont worry, they will all follow God into Carmelite convents and never be on VS again..

And then the Benedictines will take over!!!

Strictlyinkblot

[quote name='krissylou' timestamp='1319418246' post='2325937']
Strictlyinkblot was flirting with all sorts of brightly colored orders but the Carmelites seem to have sucked her in.

If we pray REALLY HARD she might revert back to the Redemptoristines!

That would be good for variety. Which I'm sure should be top on her list of priorities in discernment.

:)
[/quote]

Blame that Therese one.

Seriously, I'll try to rein back my enthusiasm a little. I love the Tyburn convent. When I lived in London I went there several times a week. When the underground was bombed I was meant to be one of the stations that blew up but my alarm never went off that morning. After volunteering at one of the hospitals I went straight to Tyburn because I wanted to thank God and pray for those who had been caught up in it.

[quote name='Chiquitunga' timestamp='1319430365' post='2326116']
That's funny. It reminds me more of this .. :smile4:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Sz1j2Z7GQc[/media]

What has this thread become!! :hehe: :tomato:

okay, time to get off the computer! :P
[/quote]

Oh, Chiqui! rotfl

:spike:

We get wine on feast days. When I was there last year there was non-alcoholic beer that we were not allowed to drink. Don't know whether that was because it was beer or because it was non-alcoholic beer :pinch: Hoping someone will send me a care package of Guinness when I enter.

I should add that it was a gift from someone! Not like they bought something and then purposely didn't drink it...

Working on an Orthodox Monastery post now. Glad I got some backup with the Carmelinvasion.

As a lurker I've been struck by the Phatmass emphasis on cloistered and contemplative orders; I was surprised not to see more of a presence from people discerning active orders. (Not that they aren't both good, just that Phatmassers seem to be the former rather than the latter.)

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='mme_hardy' timestamp='1319474873' post='2326256']
As a lurker I've been struck by the Phatmass emphasis on cloistered and contemplative orders; I was surprised not to see more of a presence from people discerning active orders. (Not that they aren't both good, just that Phatmassers seem to be the former rather than the latter.)
[/quote]

Huh. I never thought of that! i just was amazed at the amount of Carmelites!

Hm, I think we're just a little less vocal. Also, their are several who are entering the cloistered life sooner, so they have more to talk about in terms of preparations.

I'm discerning an active-contemplative community :)

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1319475166' post='2326259']
Hm, I think we're just a little less vocal. Also, their are several who are entering the cloistered life sooner, so they have more to talk about in terms of preparations.

[/quote]

That's a good point. I do think that in three years there will be a lot more Franciscan news....and Fr. Bob is supposed to call today!!

[quote name='mme_hardy' timestamp='1319475339' post='2326260']
Which one, Lisa, or do you prefer not to say?
[/quote]

MME- the Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist.

LPS- :w00t: !!!!!!!!

brandelynmarie

[quote name='marigold' timestamp='1319453465' post='2326178']
:spike:

We get wine on feast days. When I was there last year there was non-alcoholic beer that we were not allowed to drink. Don't know whether that was because it was beer or because it was non-alcoholic beer :pinch: Hoping someone will send me a care package of Guinness when I enter.
[/quote]
[quote name='marigold' timestamp='1319453614' post='2326179']
I should add that it was a gift from someone! Not like they bought something and then purposely didn't drink it...

Working on an Orthodox Monastery post now. Glad I got some backup with the Carmelinvasion.
[/quote]

(Note to self, non-alcoholic beer is a no-no :nono:)

[quote name='mme_hardy' timestamp='1319474873' post='2326256']
[/quote]
[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1319475166' post='2326259']

[/quote]

Also, if you look at our entered list, there are many active sisters, a couple diocesean priests even I believe. It's just they are no longer on phatmass. :)

(And Lisa is one of our more quiet:pray:, but no less serious discerners to the active-contemplative life. I am being fairly mum myself until I have visit dates officially set up, :hehe:)

Ok, maybe not so quiet... rotfl

sistersintigo

[quote name='she_who_is_not' timestamp='1319423961' post='2326013']
Forget cookies, Benedictines have wine. In the rule.
[/quote]
it's the HEMINA!