An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ethiopia! (Salesian Lay Missioners)

MithLuin

Went to an Ethiopian restaurant last night! I didn't even know there was one in Baltimore, but one of my friends had eaten their before and suggested we go. Even the non-spicy stuff I got was spicy (had hot peppers in it), so yeah, it'll take some getting used to for me! But the bread (injera) helps to cut the spice, so I'll just eat a lot of bread and be fine, I guess ;) Oh, and I tried tej, too (honey wine) and it was really sweet but good.

I leave Jan. 19th, so one month to go!!

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I got my shots a couple of weeks ago, and visited the embassy to get my VISA, so....now I'm officially ready to go! (Just have to pack.)

This time next week, I'll be in Ethiopia!

The 19th! Thank you sooo much, I appreciate any and all prayers :)

mithluin.livejournal.com is my blog, if anyone is interested in checking that out. Dunno how often I'll have a chance to update here....

Adventure time.
I hope you have a safe trip, take care of yourself. God bless and protect you and may the Our Lady keep you under her mantle.

[quote name='MithLuin' timestamp='1326869333' post='2370938']
The 19th! Thank you sooo much, I appreciate any and all prayers :)

mithluin.livejournal.com is my blog, if anyone is interested in checking that out. Dunno how often I'll have a chance to update here....
[/quote]

Ah! I totally missed this! You're leaving tomorrow! What all will you be doing during your time there? Teaching? Are you living with other Salesian missionaries? Sounds so exciting! :dance:

Yes, there is another American lay missionary there, and we'll be living with the Salesian priests in their compound. I'll be teaching English conversation at the high school level.

Mary's Margaret

Abundant blessings, MithLuin. I know God will be with you in every experience. We'll look forward to all your stories when you're back.

I've bookmarked your blog. Travel safely, and I wish you all the best -- and that you have the time to write about it [and maybe some pictures?]