An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ethiopia! (Salesian Lay Missioners)

MithLuin

brandelynmarie
:clap3: Antigonos, thanks for sharing that! You really should ask an Admin about changing your tag from phishy to non-catholic. :) Then we could prop you!

I never realized that being "phishy" kept me from being propped. I think I'm more phowl than phish, frankly :hehe2: Or maybe permanent phixture, which makes me sound like a cough syrup.

brandelynmarie

It's a whole other world being labeled :) non-catholic on here.

Phixture...it will phix what ails you when you're feeling phishy & phowl?

rotfl

[quote name='Mary's Margaret' timestamp='1327326560' post='2373720']
Please excuse my ignorance, but what does the phishy designation mean?? :think2:
[/quote]

Your guess is as good as mine honey.

edited because I should not talk.

[b]A better use of my typing:[/b]

[b]Psalm 19:14[/b]
[color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][left]May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.[/left][/size][/font][/color]

Edited by Lisa

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Mary's Margaret' timestamp='1327326560' post='2373720']
Please excuse my ignorance, but what does the phishy designation mean?? :think2:
[/quote]

It's meant to be a heads up that the poster sometimes says things that are not in alignment with the Catholic faith. Not really the case, here; not Catholic covers it.

And yep, the Catholic Review did post an article on me :)

Just bopping in briefly to let you all know that I'm loving it here. The community is great (very international), the food's good (Do you like injera?), the weather's lovely..... And I enjoy being a teacher again; I missed it!

We're still using the old translation of English (it's an Italian mission community using English materials from India, so I don't know if that's going to change any time soon.) So, I will be sooooo lost when I come back and everyone else is used to 'And with your spirit' and all the rest. ;) Also, communion is by intinction, which is different and takes some getting used to. I visited one Orthodox church (as in, peeked in on a weekday afternoon, which was still (randomly) during mass). The icons are so colorful!

I'll let you know if I get to visit any monasteries. So far, the only religious communities I've bumped into are Consolata sisters and Community of St. John (he recognized my World Youth Day cross, which makes all the kids think that I'm a sister!!)

Take care, and feel free to leave random news updates in this thread for me. I'm sooo out of touch; I get on the internet about 1 hour/week.

[quote name='MithLuin' timestamp='1329664304' post='2389348']
So far, the only religious communities I've bumped into are Consolata sisters and Community of St. John (he recognized my World Youth Day cross, which makes all the kids think that I'm a sister!!)
[/quote]

Well, this is great!
And...maybe you'll be a sister some day!! :proud: