An Old School Catholic Message Board

Struggling Being Single

PennyLane

Archaeology cat

[quote name='BigJon16' timestamp='1322329685' post='2340778']

Just saying.[/quote]
There's a Papa John's close to Penny Lane. Allerton's generally a nice part of Liverpool. *sigh* missing Liverpool.

[size=8][size=6]I wanted a turtle real bad one time[/size]. [/size][size=1] But rather than wallowing in my own self-pity[/size] I put on my [size=8]sexiest hotpants[/size] and strolled down to the mall. All the boys were toats like 'wat up????' but I kept right on a walkin. I don't got time for that shiz. [size=4][u][b][i]Then I waddled down to the creek, put some cold cuts on a string felt a little tug and pulled up a fish.[/i][/b][/u][/size] [size=2]A FISH[/size]. I kindled a small fire and ate with a side a fava beans. Delicious, delicious fava beans. [font=comic sans ms,cursive]As I walked away from the creek, full of fish and wisdom but lacking a turtle, I reflected on how mysterious the world is and the insignificant our place is in it. [/font]

[quote name='PennyLane' timestamp='1322318996' post='2340735']
or guys that are have just left the seminary [/quote]

Yeah, what's wrong with ex-seminarians?

[quote name='Maggie' timestamp='1322324806' post='2340760']
"on the steps of the seminary with a suitcase looking very confused."
[/quote]

So, I should do the same at a convent?

(As I told my pastor a few weeks ago, I need to find a lady who is coming OUT of the convent instead of GOING IN!!)

Edited by Norseman82

God the Father

William! They're here! Zep, Zeppelin, are here! They're staying at The Plaza; Sapphire and Miss--Penny Lane, are there too. They're all staying under the name, "Emily Rugburn."

[i]Penny Lane is [u]here[/u]??[/i]

"Emily.....Rugburn!"

I struggle being single and never had a boyfriend........oh well I guess I burp too much....and still grieving about how mikolbe still calls me ugly..... :sad:

the more you look for someone, the farther away they will be. it's when you learn to love yourself and not care that they come running

[quote name='PennyLane' timestamp='1322318996' post='2340735']
Mostly venting and prayer-seeking...

I struggle being single... I had a Catholic relationship that ended about 8 months ago (dodged a bullet) and since that point I have been single. I go on these Catholic dating websites and I either find guys that are "cafeteria Catholics" or guys that are have just left the seminary or are currently committed to discerning the priesthood.

I'm active in the young adult groups at my parish, but it seems that all the girls are shopping...

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to force anything that isn't there and I am open to God's will, it's just so frustrating!!! :pinch:

/sigh
[/quote]

I feel your pain. I've been single almost five years, but most of the Catholic guys I run into are cafeteria Catholics or just plain mean. The nice ones I've met are usually married, in a relationship, or not that into me...

I wouldn't mind an ex-seminarian-- if he were well and truly sure the priesthood wasn't his vocation-- but I haven't met any. It's hard. Chin up though. You'll find the right guy eventually if you keep trying.

I've always been single, until one day when I met this extremely beautiful woman named Mary. She is so amesome! She once had a baby, but remained a virgin. Crazy, right?!?! She is so blessed, especially among women. She really likes the color blue, so its REALLY easy to shop for her. And she is good at beating up Satan, when he tries to meddle his little horns into my life. I always like to tell her "Totus Tuus". She knows what it means, its like our own little inside joke. I had a medal specially made with a picture of her on it, and I wear it and never ever take it off. And she's always praying for me, because she knows I need it. She's always loving the croutons outta me, because she knows that I have a lot of croutons in me.

"...O Clement, O Pia, O Dulcis, Virgo Maria." :love:

dominicansoul

i used to struggle with being single, until i dated a couple of guys who left me wounded and dealing with emotional breakdowns...

...now I really really enjoy being single..

seriously, girl, you have no idea how blessed you are.... enjoy it while it lasts!!!

[quote name='rachael' timestamp='1322360242' post='2340938']
the more you look for someone, the farther away they will be. it's when you learn to love yourself and not care that they come running
[/quote]

what a load of....

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1322364087' post='2341005']
sometimes being single smells of elderberries
[/quote]

Yah but then sometimes being married smells of elderberries, I'm sure on rare occasions priests think "wow priesthood smells of elderberries," for instance at 5:00 am if they are assigned to daily Mass, Monday through Friday at 6:00 am. But His grace is everywhere. Keep that in mind whenever you're feeling a little sick and tired. :)

Edited by Maggie