An Old School Catholic Message Board

Struggling Being Single

PennyLane

Blessed&Grateful

Norseman, your descriptions and stereotypes would have me believe that you have a lot of anger towards women, I shall pray for you.

[quote name='FaithAndReason21' timestamp='1323399637' post='2347705']
Well Miss Pennylane, I'm sorry you consider me a bullet to be dodged! I'm sure there is some fine lady out there who would appreciate me for who I am and for the love I try to give. One thing you can't accuse me of is lack of commitment, because as you know you needn't be single; that's your choice. Happy Feast Day, by the way!

Still praying for reconcilliation...[/quote]
umm, wow. this would have been perhaps more suited to a personal message?

[quote]It goes to kill the male drive to pursue, or many males have to seek wives outside the Church or wiith unfaithful Catholic women, with risky/disastrous results in that they may fall away from the Church.[/quote]

DUDE.

If you've attended any 'hey, I'm Catholic' event, like, EVER, in your life, you may have noticed that the guy-girl ratio is seriously skewed. It's easy to find a young woman who is serious about her Catholic faith (and, likely, open to a relationship). What's hard to find is a guy who is serious about it and not on his way into the seminary or already married.

This is not to say that I don't know good single Catholic guys, nor that that criteria alone need be the only basis for a relationship.

However, I think it's patently unfair to accuse the Catholic young women of somehow chasing the single guys out of the Church because of their lack of interest in relationships. That seems...extremely unlikely.

FaithAndReason21

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1323476017' post='2348279']

umm, wow. this would have been perhaps more suited to a personal message?
[/quote]

No. If I wanted to send a personal message I would have. If you're taking issue with that, why not take issue with the OP's uncharitable comment about me that sparked my response? I appreciate your concern for discretion, but I'd ask you to be more fair with your suggestions next time.

FaithAndReason21

[quote name='missionseeker' timestamp='1323413379' post='2347849']

:o I remember you!

WB
[/quote]

I remember you too!! I'm friends with Guitarfreak and some others who I used to go to college with! Thanks!

[quote name='FaithAndReason21' timestamp='1323551082' post='2348679']
No. If I wanted to send a personal message I would have. If you're taking issue with that, why not take issue with the OP's uncharitable comment about me that sparked my response? I appreciate your concern for discretion, but I'd ask you to be more fair with your suggestions next time.
[/quote]
i apologize, as my message should have been a personal message to you, which i am sending to you now. God bless and welcome back to the boards.

FaithAndReason21

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1323552278' post='2348688']

i apologize, as my message should have been a personal message to you, which i am sending to you now. God bless and welcome back to the boards.
[/quote]

That's alright. I received it and got back to you, thanks.

Holy poo this thread is the best ever. We managed to get a girl sniping at her ex, the ex coming along to call her out (not stalked-ish at all), a women's right debate, and Jason at his finest all in a few short pages. I can't wait to see what comes next :popcorn:

[quote name='FaithAndReason21' timestamp='1323551237' post='2348681']

I remember you too!! I'm friends with Guitarfreak and some others who I used to go to college with! Thanks![/quote]wow, is that Jen's boyfriend? Blast from the past :o

[quote name='ardillacid' timestamp='1323569977' post='2348841']
Holy poo this thread is the best ever. We managed to get a girl sniping at her ex, the ex coming along to call her out (not stalked-ish at all), a women's right debate, and Jason at his finest all in a few short pages. I can't wait to see what comes next :popcorn:
[/quote]

Is that all? Man, I have some catching up to do.