An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pope Seeks End To Death Penalty

Sarah147

[quote name='jaime' timestamp='1324446168' post='2354907']
I just need one to make my point.
[/quote]

Sorry, but I am just weird. I get a little touchy when it comes to ridiculing and criticizing Popes.

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Norseman82' timestamp='1324439749' post='2354752']
The one at the beginning looks a lot like Freema Agyeman (Martha Jones in Doctor Who series 3).
[/quote]
Martha Jones was razzle dazzle.

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1324469661' post='2355006']
Sorry, but I am just weird. I get a little touchy when it comes to ridiculing and criticizing Popes.
[/quote]

I am certain that I did not ridicule or criticized any pope

[quote name='jaime' timestamp='1324510674' post='2355483']
I am certain that I did not ridicule or criticized any pope
[/quote]

Sorry. I mistook this for criticism, "The beatified John Paul II could be named as the patron Saint of liturgical abuses."

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1324558747' post='2355840']
Sorry. I mistook this for criticism, "The beatified John Paul II could be named as the patron Saint of liturgical abuses."
[/quote]

No that quote would be criticism. However you are the only one that can be quoted as saying it.

[quote name='jaime' timestamp='1324573925' post='2355928']
No that quote would be criticism. However you are the only one that can be quoted as saying it.
[/quote]

[img]http://getfile1.posterous.com/getfile/files.posterous.com/temp-2011-12-22/HCcsEstumrvxDdmlGbjDxiEuokGiHusdpiiaebGgcntrIoqavilpmlzEEGrE/jaime.bmp.scaled1000.jpg[/img]

Edited by Papist

Again, I didn't say it. You understand how quoting articles works right? You want to attack the person that wrote the article, fine by me. Don't attribute a quote to me that I didn't say.

[quote name='jaime' timestamp='1324574521' post='2355932']
Again, I didn't say it. You understand how quoting articles works right? You want to attack the person that wrote the article, fine by me. Don't attribute a quote to me that I didn't say.
[/quote]

I guess I was incorrect to think you were in agreement by posting the quote. If not in agreement with it, that is not a quote to be spreading around. Either way, I apologize.

ThePenciledOne

I support the Pope's end in this.

No reason to have it in America.

Haven't been here in a very long time, but just wanted to drop in on this topic.

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' timestamp='1324345258' post='2354059']
WYD Toronto was not setup by the Pope, nor were the ceremonial elements reviewed and sanctioned by the Pope. Bad example.
[/quote]
True. And the actions of popes are not impeccable anyway. There was no formal teaching involved here. The only times liturgical dance is mentioned in official church documents, it is condemned.

If the Church had thousands of years of tradition of sanction and approval of liturgical dance, Jaime's comparison with the capital punishment issue might be more valid.

[quote name='jaime' timestamp='1324344095' post='2354028']
I'm sorry I was too busy watching this video of the psalm at WYD in Toronto. Blessed Pope John Paul II was celebrating. What was your opinion again?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyoFyFZQ5Ec[/media]
[/quote]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5G3XKsq7Ic[/media]

[quote name='Mark of the Cross' timestamp='1324355815' post='2354187']
That's pretty dark stuff Socrates. Selling your daughter as a slave! Stoning an Ox that gored someone???
As I conceded to Nihil there is a lot of God killing in the OT, so maybe it is right. I hope not for our sake. But it's quite different to the God of the NT. If sin makes you lame this God wants to put your arm over his shoulder and carry you. Fr Barron likes God killings too. He reckons tsunamis, bushfires and hurricanes are the Holy Spirit chastising. In the southern Philippines this week because of greedy rich removing trees, heavy rains caused landslides and a sudden torrent. Whose bodies were in the trucks. Women and children of poor Catholics that's who.
[i][url="http://www.drbo.org/x/d?b=drb&bk=2&ch=21&l=22#x"][22][/url] If men quarrel, and one strike a woman with child, and she miscarry indeed, but live herself: he shall be answerable for so much damage as the woman's husband shall require, and as arbiters shall award. [url="http://www.drbo.org/x/d?b=drb&bk=2&ch=21&l=23#x"][23][/url] But if her death ensue thereupon, he shall render life for life. [/i]
Apparently children don't mean very much, God doesn't require the death penalty for killing the unborn. So it's Okay to abort children as long as you pay some compensation to anyone losing out.
And to be Catholic we have to accept that if God gets Pzzd with you and kills you, then you will probably be sent to hell for some writhing in agony in flames, then after a billion years God will laugh at you and say you haven't even begun yet that's why I killed you for an early start. Really! If I were God I would be deeply cut at my people having this view of me.
Peace be with you and merry Christmas Socrates
[/quote]
Darn shame the Almighty God does not live up to your politically correct standards.

(And the part about killing the unborn refers to accidental miscarriages caused by roughing someone up - manslaughter rather than murder - but it's apparent you have little knowledge of Scripture other than what you read on atheist propaganda sites, so I won't waste my time further.)

[quote name='Socrates' timestamp='1325029262' post='2358276']
Darn shame the Almighty God does not live up to your politically correct standards.

(And the part about killing the unborn refers to accidental miscarriages caused by roughing someone up - manslaughter rather than murder - but it's apparent you have little knowledge of Scripture other than what you read on atheist propaganda sites, so I won't waste my time further.)
[/quote]

Right. The beleif that in times of war non-combatant women and children should be spared (something the God of the Bible does not believe categorically) is modern pc drivel. I'm glad your fellow anti PC crusaders, Al-Qaeda and Muqtada al-Sadr, can see through that pansy-arse, PC drivel.

[quote name='Socrates' timestamp='1324319644' post='2353772']
Liturgical dancing, etc., has never been advocated by the Church, and has been done only in disobedience. I have yet to see where any Pope has stated that liturgical dance (outside of Africa) is a legitimate liturgical option.

[/quote]
[quote name='Socrates' timestamp='1325028037' post='2358269']
True. And the actions of popes are not impeccable anyway. There was no formal teaching involved here. The only times liturgical dance is mentioned in official church documents, it is condemned.
[/quote]

Make up your mind. You waffle like Romney