An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pope Seeks End To Death Penalty

Sarah147

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='Socrates' timestamp='1325029262' post='2358276']
Darn shame the Almighty God does not live up to your politically correct standards.

(And the part about killing the unborn refers to accidental miscarriages caused by roughing someone up - manslaughter rather than murder - but it's apparent you have little knowledge of Scripture other than what you read on atheist propaganda sites, so I won't waste my time further.)
[/quote]
I think you had better read what you wrote and make another attempt to answer what you can't! For the same action, you said if the baby dies it is manslaughter, but if the woman dies it is murder! And if a 'man' strikes a pregnant woman how can it be considered an accidental miscarriage? Maybe you could try again when your mood is improved, 'cause I agree with you on one thing, you are wasting your time! I may have little knowledge of scripture, but I am literate and can comprehend the written word. BTW I have no use for atheist vitriol either, I don't know where you pulled that one from, I think your mind is also confusing me with someone else!

Edited by Mark of the Cross

[quote name='jaime' timestamp='1325031872' post='2358303']
Make up your mind. You waffle like Romney
[/quote]
No waffling here. The Church has never taught in favor of liturgical dance.

Posting a video of a performance which John Paul II may or may not have personally approved of no more proves Church teaching on this matter than do posting pics of the "Koran kissing" or Assisi debacles.

ThePenciledOne

[quote name='fides' Jack' timestamp='1325198088' post='2359606']
How did this become about liturgical dance?
[/quote]

It's phatmass???

[quote name='ThePenciledOne' timestamp='1325200157' post='2359618']
It's phatmass???
[/quote]

Just add Nazis, NFP, and yoga and this thread will be complete!

[quote name='Ice_nine' timestamp='1325225685' post='2359862']
the nazis practiced a form of satanic yoga that has a startling resemblance to modern "liturgical" dance.
[/quote]

NFP?

[quote name='Amppax' timestamp='1325303378' post='2360346']
NFP?
[/quote]

i mean, just having the letters in your post doesn't count.

I agree with the Pope that ridding the world of the death penalty would be a wonderful thing, but believe that the state has the responsibility to protect inmates in its care from other inmates that would otherwise do them harm. If the world used the death penalty only as a means to prevent violence in prisons against other inmates and prison guards, rather than as punishment for a crime already committed, I think that the world would be a better place. America, for one, is a country with over-crowded prisons where absolute detainment of prisoners within the prison is not always possible. I'm not saying escape is possible; I'm saying that cafeterias and other common areas are not always safe places to be for guards and other prisoners. Further, with many gang bosses running their criminal organizations outside prison from within the prison via visitors and lawyers, their influence is not necessarily limited to just within the prison. The catechism explains that capital punishment should only be used when bloodless means are no longer sufficient to protect society from the aggressor. I believe that this includes the safety of the people within the prison.

When we talk about overcrowded prisons, the answer is stopping throwing people in for victimless drug possession crimes and other bull like that, not killing off the dangerous ones.

[quote name='mommas_boy' timestamp='1325543623' post='2361911']
Further, with many gang bosses running their criminal organizations outside prison from within the prison via visitors and lawyers, their influence is not necessarily limited to just within the prison. [/quote]

Good point.

[quote name='Jesus_lol' timestamp='1325560959' post='2362087']
When we talk about overcrowded prisons, the answer is stopping throwing people in for victimless drug possession crimes and other bull like that, not killing off the dangerous ones.
[/quote]

While I don't necessarily agree completely with your post, I agree with what I believe (please correct me if i'm wrong Jlol) is the main point: that the solution to our criminal justice issues isn't to implement the death penalty more widely, but through changing the system itself. And I do agree with this, if this is what Jlol meant.

[quote name='Amppax' timestamp='1325568502' post='2362122']
While I don't necessarily agree completely with your post, I agree with what I believe (please correct me if i'm wrong Jlol) is the main point: that the solution to our criminal justice issues isn't to implement the death penalty more widely, but through changing the system itself. And I do agree with this, if this is what Jlol meant.
[/quote]

well, i was a bit more specific, but yes that is what i meant.

Its pretty clear to see the American penal system is all kinds of screwed up

[quote name='mommas_boy' timestamp='1325543623' post='2361911']
I'm not saying escape is possible . . .
[/quote]
Yet somehow it still happens nonetheless, including from maximum security prisons.