An Old School Catholic Message Board

Trousseau Items - A Few Questions

HopefulBride

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1330375518' post='2393705']
I wish online shopping was like in-store shopping-- you can try things on and instantly exchange them for the next size up or down if they don't fit-- all without leaving your home.
[/quote]

Yeah. I think I've found some snow boots on sale (but I"m going to wait a couple more weeks to see if they get knocked down some more) but I'm getting worried about the size. The reviews say that one should not go a size bigger. I guess the sizes run big already.

HopefulBride

OK I'm scouring the local goodwill stores for a wool coat. However, I am actually not sure what to look for. I got a shorter coat on sale a couple of years ago (that I get to take with me) but the liner is very thin and isn't as warm as another long wool coat that was given to me. I suspect it is not wool blend and the liner is silk.

I wish I could dye it and take it to the convent but alas, it would cost more than I got it for (It was a gift)

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to look for? I mean in terms of the liner and what type of wool blend to get? I know Washington is not the arctic but as a Floridian it sure feels like it.

Thanks!

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1330738454' post='2395478']
OK I'm scouring the local goodwill stores for a wool coat. However, I am actually not sure what to look for. I got a shorter coat on sale a couple of years ago (that I get to take with me) but the liner is very thin and isn't as warm as another long wool coat that was given to me. I suspect it is not wool blend and the liner is silk.

I wish I could dye it and take it to the convent but alas, it would cost more than I got it for (It was a gift)

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to look for? I mean in terms of the liner and what type of wool blend to get? I know Washington is not the arctic but as a Floridian it sure feels like it.

Thanks!
[/quote]

Could you possibly sew in a new lining?

HopefulBride

Sewing isn't my strong point. The thing is though I would need to find a full-length black coat to begin with.

MargaretTeresa

I'm so jealous of you. I know you aren't leaving until August (which is funny we're both starting new chapters of our lives that month; I officially graduate in August) but I want to make you at least another holy card (please tell me I've sent you one already!) PM me some saints and your address if you want some more.

Also, can we see the entire trousseau list? I find these lists absolutely fascinating.

HopefulBride

Well soon I am sure I will be reading about your engagement (whether to our Lord or an earthly man :) ) I actually haven't received a card yet but I'll PM you my info.

Thanks for the offer.

p.s. I love St. Monica and St. Augustine (maybe something with both of them?)

MargaretTeresa

I can't believe I haven't sent you one!

And if I do end up getting married and not entering a convent, it will be way way down the road rotfl

Thought you guys might like to see what I sent. Sent a band and a fob incase you need to wear it clipped on instead of on your wrist.
[img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7203/6960463863_cdeb2de8ef.jpg[/img]

HopefulBride

[quote name='CatherineM' timestamp='1331084499' post='2397063']
Thought you guys might like to see what I sent. Sent a band and a fob incase you need to wear it clipped on instead of on your wrist.
[img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7203/6960463863_cdeb2de8ef.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

:) Thank you! :nun: I am soooo excited about it :nun2:

Edited by HopefulBride

HopefulBride

No :(. I am actually out now looking for sales and checking the consignment stores

Strictlyinkblot

Oh dear! I'm not much help because I'm the other side of the water to you but I'll say a prayer you'll find the one you need at a good price. By the way, the little girl I bought the rosary off you for is making her First Holy Communion next month.

HopefulBride

Oh what great joy! I will be keeping her in prayer as she approaches this very special time.