An Old School Catholic Message Board

Trousseau Items - A Few Questions

HopefulBride

HopefulBride

OK I have cuddle duds, fleece lined tights and nun flats (they were on sale!!!!!!) For some reason cardigans are really hard to find right now.... I might have to resort online but I'm going to wait until I have literally visited all the stores in my area.

HopefulBride

JC Penny's. They had sales left and right. boots for 5 dollars I got three pairs of leather gloves with cashmere lining for $1 each. Coats were 8 dollars. Problem is they ran out of wool coats last week :( they had those on sale for $20

AccountDeleted

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1331388253' post='2398615']
JC Penny's. They had sales left and right. boots for 5 dollars I got three pairs of leather gloves with cashmere lining for $1 each. Coats were 8 dollars. Problem is they ran out of wool coats last week :( they had those on sale for $20
[/quote]

Are you trying to buy warm clothes in Florida? Sounds difficult!

HopefulBride

It's very difficult. What's worse is now that it's March, the bathing suits and sandals are out (that's the reason for the ridiculous sales)

AccountDeleted

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1331388564' post='2398621']
It's very difficult. What's worse is now that it's March, the bathing suits and sandals are out (that's the reason for the ridiculous sales)
[/quote]

Maybe you should go to Washington a few days early and do some shopping there? Even in the summer, they might have more boots than in Florida!

HopefulBride

The sisters suggested that and I think I might do just that. They also suggested just buying them next season if I can't find any before August.

InPersonaChriste

[img]http://www.muckbootdeals.com/images/Muck%20Boots%20Artic%20Mid%20ASM-000A.jpg[/img]

I know you might not have enough money for these, but if you happen to find them in a thrift store, BUY THEM. They are amazing and they last a very long time, not too mention they are super warm.

Get Chore ones if you are into support, and get Artic Sport if you want really toasty toes.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I'm going to get my NEOS for $20 plus $10 in shipping/handling. Even with shipping, that's less than half price! Let's just pray they fit!
How is shopping coming along, HB (and any others)?

I bought underwear today! That was fun :) :)
I do not have "a list", but I know what I need. So I bought normal ones, but also some fun and colorful ones :) Everything modest, but not only white :) No one is going to see them anyway, but it made me happy :)

What I still want to get are two long-sleeve t-shirts. One pair of pant.s Two badminton rackets and some stuff like shampoo and tooth paste for the first months.
Then I am done! :w00t:

I have three small moving boxes with my stuff plus a suitcase of clothes. (For postulancy we wear our own normal clothes). And on Saturday they get (most probably without me) a lift to the convent. :w00t:

I was set to arrive at the community on Palm Sunday, but due to some unexpected health issues I will have to postpone until after Easter to really arrive well... :nun3: But at least my things are all there before I come ;)

Edited by juchu

I went shopping for underwear once with a nun. She drug me to Victoria's Secret. She made a complete rear-end of herself.

HopefulBride

[quote name='CatherineM' timestamp='1332264812' post='2404489']
I went shopping for underwear once with a nun. She drug me to Victoria's Secret. She made a complete rear-end of herself.
[/quote]

hahahaha!!!!!

HopefulBride

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1332250004' post='2404408']
I think I'm going to get my NEOS for $20 plus $10 in shipping/handling. Even with shipping, that's less than half price! Let's just pray they fit!
How is shopping coming along, HB (and any others)?
[/quote]

That's great Lisa!

My shopping is going well. I have two 1962 missals (yay) one is a Marian missal that was gifted to me by a dear friend and the other is the Baronius Press one that was given to me by my adoration partner.

I'm going to purchase the shoes today from K-mart (thanks again for the tip) and I am looking at two of their boots but I have absolutely no idea what to select. It's between these two

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_035VA45136901P?prdNo=6&blockNo=6&blockType=G6

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_035VA45137701P?prdNo=8&blockNo=8&blockType=G8