Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Can We Just Name The Lame Board "mlp Land"


Recommended Posts

sidemunch88
Posted

I am surprised i have more left.

Posted

i'll just say this anyway (somewhat on-topic): it's nice that phatmass has standards - even in the lame board.

IcePrincessKRS
Posted

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1332526211' post='2406320']
i'll just say this anyway (somewhat on-topic): it's nice that phatmass has standards - even in the lame board.
[/quote]

I concur. I was just going to prop you but then I got that harsh reminder that I ran out. lol

Posted

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1332526290' post='2406323']
I concur. I was just going to prop you but then I got that harsh reminder that I ran out. lol
[/quote]

srsly. it IS such a harsh reminder.

i'm reminded of this lady whenever i get it:

[img]http://epguides.com/WeakestLink/cast.jpg[/img]

Posted

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1332525183' post='2406275']
I like stories...

There was this phatmasser.. She doesn't come around anymore, but everyone loved her. Even me. She was funny, smart, and dare I say a most razzle dazzle cat.

I would give her a hard time, she would give me a hard time. One day, I cracked a joke about her have 'thunder thighs' or something like that. Now, I had seen pictures of her; so part of the humor in my head was she SOOOOOO didn;t have thunder thighs, that it was funny for anyone to think she did.

I got a PM from her, I did not know this, but she had lost a lot of weight and weight is a struggle for her. She asked that I not mention it again, even though she knew I was teasing (non maliciously) I felt horrible and completely assured her I would not. We were friends before, during, and well after this.

This was a hot issue for her, and she had respect enough to let me know.

I tend to think everything can be funny, or can even try to lighten the mood with humor. Sometimes, there are some things which are just not 'welcomed' (for lack of a better word) to be said. That was one.

Perhaps this is another?

Further, everyone heals at different times, in different ways. [b][i]And we all know what we mean by healing...[/i][/b]Perhaps we could all (myself included) be a little more patient with eachother, and respeck eachother a little more to be cognizant of current boundaries in humor and overall communication with eachother as it refers to the healing that God obviously wants to take place.

I love you all.
[/quote]

Or we could post random pictures of MLP just to be irritating.

IcePrincessKRS
Posted

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1332526491' post='2406331']
srsly. it IS such a harsh reminder.

i'm reminded of this lady whenever i get it:

[img]http://epguides.com/WeakestLink/cast.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Dust should just put her face in the error message box. haha

Posted

that would be phunny, ice. :hehe:

Posted

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1332525827' post='2406307']
Well, consider this your fair warning, if I start a thread and you, or anyone, post ponies in it I will delete it on sight, no warning, no disclaimers, no special requests. I don't like them and I expect that you people would have enough respect to lay off in my threads. There is a difference between lame and disrespect and you are seriously failing to grasp that right now.
[/quote] Hi IcePrincessKRS,

I know I'm a newbie around here and don't have near as much experience on the ways of Phatmass as you guys do, but I am confused by some of the issues raised by this thread.

What is the objection to MLP? I'm not sure how the material could be objectively offensive; I've never been familiar with anyone who became offended purely by the sight of this farm animal. I know some may be interested in it more than others, who might have no interest in ponies at all or even dislike them. But the judgment you are making is based on interests - you are in essence saying "You can't post that because I don't like it." Shouldn't we apply this ideology to all other posts, then? Is everyone to be restricted to only posting things that they know everyone (or at least all of the staff) will like, and no one will dislike? If that is the case, maybe there needs to be an amendment to the rules saying that people cannot post things which are not liked by the whole - i.e., MLP, Harry Potter, dissenting opinions, etc. That would be more consistent with what you are saying.

Now what I do understand is the usual post restrictions: don't post something that is off-topic or blatantly disrespectful. So when a MLP picture is used as a counter-argument in a serious debate (since we're talking about outside of the Lame Board here), in a manner that is either off-topic or offensive to the other person, then there are definitely some rules that have been violated. But that can be applied to any sort of post, be it a reaction picture or just some hurtful words.

But should a poster use a MLP picture in a very relevant manner on a light-hearted issue, then I'm not sure where the current rules are being violated. To say that someone can't post anything about MLP in any threads made by people who don't like MLP just sounds a bit harsh to me - how are we supposed to keep track of that? I'm not a fan of Harry Potter, so does that mean that no one can post Harry Potter stuff in my threads? That seems a bit harsh too, doesn't it?

I think there is a broader issue here that we shouldn't be picking on the ponies for. I've already noticed, in my short time here, several posts that were utterly offensive and lacking in charity towards the intended recipient - in plain sight, too - yet these posts were not moderated. I don't think we should be harping on ponies as a whole; instead we should be harping on lack of charity, and while that may affect some of the pony posts, I don't think justice calls for us to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

[b]TL;DR: [/b]Ponies != uncharitable posts. Also, I'm not a huge Harry Potter fan. :|

- Hubertus

P.S. I know you're the mod and have the right to do whatever you want - I just thought I would throw this out there. ;)

sidemunch88
Posted

Ahhh and the drama keeps flowing

Posted

[quote name='Hubertus' timestamp='1332531156' post='2406426']
Hi IcePrincessKRS,

I know I'm a newbie around here and don't have near as much experience on the ways of Phatmass as you guys do, but I am confused by some of the issues raised by this thread.

What is the objection to MLP? I'm not sure how the material could be objectively offensive; I've never been familiar with anyone who became offended purely by the sight of this farm animal. I know some may be interested in it more than others, who might have no interest in ponies at all or even dislike them. But the judgment you are making is based on interests - you are in essence saying "You can't post that because I don't like it." Shouldn't we apply this ideology to all other posts, then? Is everyone to be restricted to only posting things that they know everyone (or at least all of the staff) will like, and no one will dislike? If that is the case, maybe there needs to be an amendment to the rules saying that people cannot post things which are not liked by the whole - i.e., MLP, Harry Potter, dissenting opinions, etc. That would be more consistent with what you are saying.

Now what I do understand is the usual post restrictions: don't post something that is off-topic or blatantly disrespectful. So when a MLP picture is used as a counter-argument in a serious debate (since we're talking about outside of the Lame Board here), in a manner that is either off-topic or offensive to the other person, then there are definitely some rules that have been violated. But that can be applied to any sort of post, be it a reaction picture or just some hurtful words.

But should a poster use a MLP picture in a very relevant manner on a light-hearted issue, then I'm not sure where the current rules are being violated. To say that someone can't post anything about MLP in any threads made by people who don't like MLP just sounds a bit harsh to me - how are we supposed to keep track of that? I'm not a fan of Harry Potter, so does that mean that no one can post Harry Potter stuff in my threads? That seems a bit harsh too, doesn't it?

I think there is a broader issue here that we shouldn't be picking on the ponies for. I've already noticed, in my short time here, several posts that were utterly offensive and lacking in charity towards the intended recipient - in plain sight, too - yet these posts were not moderated. I don't think we should be harping on ponies as a whole; instead we should be harping on lack of charity, and while that may affect some of the pony posts, I don't think justice calls for us to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

[b]TL;DR: [/b]Ponies != uncharitable posts. Also, I'm not a huge Harry Potter fan. :|

- Hubertus

P.S. I know you're the mod and have the right to do whatever you want - I just thought I would throw this out there. ;)
[/quote]
The mods disagree. Beware.

IcePrincessKRS
Posted

[quote name='Hubertus' timestamp='1332531156' post='2406426']
Hi IcePrincessKRS,

I know I'm a newbie around here and don't have near as much experience on the ways of Phatmass as you guys do, but I am confused by some of the issues raised by this thread.

What is the objection to MLP? I'm not sure how the material could be objectively offensive; I've never been familiar with anyone who became offended purely by the sight of this farm animal. I know some may be interested in it more than others, who might have no interest in ponies at all or even dislike them. But the judgment you are making is based on interests - you are in essence saying "You can't post that because I don't like it." Shouldn't we apply this ideology to all other posts, then? Is everyone to be restricted to only posting things that they know everyone (or at least all of the staff) will like, and no one will dislike? If that is the case, maybe there needs to be an amendment to the rules saying that people cannot post things which are not liked by the whole - i.e., MLP, Harry Potter, dissenting opinions, etc. That would be more consistent with what you are saying.

Now what I do understand is the usual post restrictions: don't post something that is off-topic or blatantly disrespectful. So when a MLP picture is used as a counter-argument in a serious debate (since we're talking about outside of the Lame Board here), in a manner that is either off-topic or offensive to the other person, then there are definitely some rules that have been violated. But that can be applied to any sort of post, be it a reaction picture or just some hurtful words.

But should a poster use a MLP picture in a very relevant manner on a light-hearted issue, then I'm not sure where the current rules are being violated. To say that someone can't post anything about MLP in any threads made by people who don't like MLP just sounds a bit harsh to me - how are we supposed to keep track of that? I'm not a fan of Harry Potter, so does that mean that no one can post Harry Potter stuff in my threads? That seems a bit harsh too, doesn't it?

I think there is a broader issue here that we shouldn't be picking on the ponies for. I've already noticed, in my short time here, several posts that were utterly offensive and lacking in charity towards the intended recipient - in plain sight, too - yet these posts were not moderated. I don't think we should be harping on ponies as a whole; instead we should be harping on lack of charity, and while that may affect some of the pony posts, I don't think justice calls for us to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

[b]TL;DR: [/b]Ponies != uncharitable posts. Also, I'm not a huge Harry Potter fan. :|

- Hubertus

P.S. I know you're the mod and have the right to do whatever you want - I just thought I would throw this out there. ;)
[/quote]

You've missed the point I was trying to make by quite a bit. The issue has been when people deliberately and disrespectfully derail threads with their anime, lolcats, ponies, and other such nonsense, ESPECIALLY when they know the person who started the thread doesn't like it. Now knowing you don't like Harry Potter I wouldn't post a HP picture in response to one of your posts out of respect because I would assume you'd find it at least mildly annoying.

It's a respect issue, not a content issue. It doesn't break any official guidelines, it's just a butt-chapeau way of behaving. And I find that very annoying. Spamming the boards with random images, MLP or otherwise, is rude. I get the feeling that you are focusing solely on the topic of MLP and not noticing that most of my posts have addressed respect for others.

sidemunch88
Posted

[quote name='Hubertus' timestamp='1332531156' post='2406426']
Hi IcePrincessKRS,

I know I'm a newbie around here and don't have near as much experience on the ways of Phatmass as you guys do, but I am confused by some of the issues raised by this thread.

What is the objection to MLP? I'm not sure how the material could be objectively offensive; I've never been familiar with anyone who became offended purely by the sight of this farm animal. I know some may be interested in it more than others, who might have no interest in ponies at all or even dislike them. But the judgment you are making is based on interests - you are in essence saying "You can't post that because I don't like it." Shouldn't we apply this ideology to all other posts, then? Is everyone to be restricted to only posting things that they know everyone (or at least all of the staff) will like, and no one will dislike? If that is the case, maybe there needs to be an amendment to the rules saying that people cannot post things which are not liked by the whole - i.e., MLP, Harry Potter, dissenting opinions, etc. That would be more consistent with what you are saying.

Now what I do understand is the usual post restrictions: don't post something that is off-topic or blatantly disrespectful. So when a MLP picture is used as a counter-argument in a serious debate (since we're talking about outside of the Lame Board here), in a manner that is either off-topic or offensive to the other person, then there are definitely some rules that have been violated. But that can be applied to any sort of post, be it a reaction picture or just some hurtful words.

But should a poster use a MLP picture in a very relevant manner on a light-hearted issue, then I'm not sure where the current rules are being violated. To say that someone can't post anything about MLP in any threads made by people who don't like MLP just sounds a bit harsh to me - how are we supposed to keep track of that? I'm not a fan of Harry Potter, so does that mean that no one can post Harry Potter stuff in my threads? That seems a bit harsh too, doesn't it?

I think there is a broader issue here that we shouldn't be picking on the ponies for. I've already noticed, in my short time here, several posts that were utterly offensive and lacking in charity towards the intended recipient - in plain sight, too - yet these posts were not moderated. I don't think we should be harping on ponies as a whole; instead we should be harping on lack of charity, and while that may affect some of the pony posts, I don't think justice calls for us to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

[b]TL;DR: [/b]Ponies != uncharitable posts. Also, I'm not a huge Harry Potter fan. :|

- Hubertus

P.S. I know you're the mod and have the right to do whatever you want - I just thought I would throw this out there. ;)
[/quote]

[img]http://th03.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2011/292/a/f/deal_with_it_rainbow_dash_by_misterbrony-d4da68z.png[/img]

IcePrincessKRS
Posted
:twitch:
sidemunch88
Posted

[img]http://pigroll.com/img/i_dunno_im_just_playing_tennis.jpg[/img]

Posted

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1332532213' post='2406455']
You've missed the point I was trying to make by quite a bit. The issue has been when people deliberately and disrespectfully derail threads with their anime, lolcats, ponies, and other such nonsense, ESPECIALLY when they know the person who started the thread doesn't like it. Now knowing you don't like Harry Potter I wouldn't post a HP picture in response to one of your posts out of respect because I would assume you'd find it at least mildly annoying.

It's a respect issue, not a content issue. It doesn't break any official guidelines, it's just a butt-chapeau way of behaving. And I find that very annoying. Spamming the boards with random images, MLP or otherwise, is rude. I get the feeling that you are focusing solely on the topic of MLP and not noticing that most of my posts have addressed respect for others.
[/quote]
[b][font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=8]EXACTLY![/size][/font][/b]

[quote name='pvtmiller' timestamp='1332532345' post='2406457']
[img]http://th03.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2011/292/a/f/deal_with_it_rainbow_dash_by_misterbrony-d4da68z.png[/img]
[/quote]
Ahh this is going to drive me BONKERS! :pinch:

But whatever. :|

Posted

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1332532213' post='2406455']
You've missed the point I was trying to make by quite a bit. The issue has been when people deliberately and disrespectfully derail threads with their anime, lolcats, ponies, and other such nonsense, ESPECIALLY when they know the person who started the thread doesn't like it. Now knowing you don't like Harry Potter I wouldn't post a HP picture in response to one of your posts out of respect because I would assume you'd find it at least mildly annoying.

It's a respect issue, not a content issue. It doesn't break any official guidelines, it's just a butt-chapeau way of behaving. And I find that very annoying. Spamming the boards with random images, MLP or otherwise, is rude. I get the feeling that you are focusing solely on the topic of MLP and not noticing that most of my posts have addressed respect for others.
[/quote] If you did post something about Harry Potter, I would find it more amusing than anything. :P While I may strongly dislike it, Harry Potter in itself isn't inherently offensive, so I'm not going to enforce my dislike of it on others.

And, I agree that it's a respect issue and not a content issue. But you were addressing the content quite specifically:

[i]"Well, consider this your fair warning,[b] if I start a thread and you, or anyone, post ponies in it I will delete it on sight[/b], no warning, no disclaimers, no special requests.[b] I don't like them[/b] and I expect that you people would have enough respect to lay off in my threads."[/i]

Deliberately derailing a thread can be done through any means, not just through posting MLP, lolcats, anime, etc. So I think it would be better to address the respect issue of derailing a thread and leave it at that, because the ponies aren't the ones who are at fault. ("Guns don't kill people, people kill people.")

sidemunch88
Posted

[quote name='i<3LSOP' timestamp='1332533098' post='2406469']


Ahh this is going to drive me BONKERS! :pinch:

But whatever. :|
[/quote]

That was my point

IcePrincessKRS
Posted

[quote name='Hubertus' timestamp='1332533539' post='2406479']
If you did post something about Harry Potter, I would find it more amusing than anything. :P While I may strongly dislike it, Harry Potter in itself isn't inherently offensive, so I'm not going to enforce my dislike of it on others.

And, I agree that it's a respect issue and not a content issue. But you were addressing the content quite specifically:

[i]"Well, consider this your fair warning,[b] if I start a thread and you, or anyone, post ponies in it I will delete it on sight[/b], no warning, no disclaimers, no special requests.[b] I don't like them[/b] and I expect that you people would have enough respect to lay off in my threads."[/i]

Deliberately derailing a thread can be done through any means, not just through posting MLP, lolcats, anime, etc. So I think it would be better to address the respect issue of derailing a thread and leave it at that, because the ponies aren't the ones who are at fault. ("Guns don't kill people, people kill people.")
[/quote]

You're taking a single post of mine to lay out my entire case. I believe I did note more than once that it wasn't just about the ponies. He said that the OP would need to state that they didn't want MLP in the thread for him to not post them. So I gave him my warning once and for all that I don't want it in any of my threads. I'm not going to make a disclaimer every time I start a thread and I shouldn't have to.

sidemunch88
Posted

now we are going to have to segregate the phorum


MLP and RLP

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...