An Old School Catholic Message Board

Baseball Talk

Beati Pacifici

the memory of Beltran being punched out by Wainright is still burned in my head.

Not to mention Molina's homerun :)

dominicansoul

Making plans to go to a Rangers game this summer...I want to make sure to stop by and take a look at this:

rangersfansstatue.jpg

A statue titled "Rangers Fan" is a tribute to Shannon Stone...just a dad who took his son to the ballpark like millions of dads do across this country.  Except, Shannon died at the Rangers Ballpark trying to catch a ball hit from Josh Hamilton's bat.  He leaned too far over the railing and fell several feet and landed on his head.   I remember hearing about this awful freak accident on the radio, and I prayed for his son.  I also prayed for Josh, he had a tough time dealing with this one for a while.

(That's actually Cooper with his mom at the statue's unveiling ceremony.)

the inscription reads, "in memory of Shannon Stone and dedicated to all fans who love the game."

Little Flower

GO RED SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to officially predict that the Red Sox will win the World Series this year while the Yankees will soon begin to implode

Little Flower

The Red Sox are currently only a half game out. Clay Buchholz is currently 7-0, with a 1.73 ERA. Jon Lester is 6-1.  SO HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT!!!!

The Red Sox will win the World Series. My official prediction.

Little Flower

yeah...... not good.....

well every team has a bad game now and then. I still have hope

• 2 weeks later...

Cards have the best record in baseball. The things is the Reds have the second best. Please can someone beat the Reds. I guess the Cards will have to take care of that themselves this weekend.

dominicansoul

Guess who'll be sitting here in a few weeks, sipping on a cold beer, eating hot dogs and chatting it up with her bff?

rangers-ballpark-in-arlington-mlb-26-800