An Old School Catholic Message Board

Baseball Talk

Beati Pacifici

Dr. Bombay

I like baseball.  I can't stand the local team I'm forced to endure however.  Overpaid stumblebums is what they are.

Chestertonian

I like baseball.  I can't stand the local team I'm forced to endure however.  Overpaid stumblebums is what they are.

You must live in Seattle.

Dr. Bombay

You must live in Seattle.

Nope.  Seattle has at least one competent starting pitcher and they've actually been to the playoffs since Ronald effing Reagan was president.  But here in the capitol of Loserville....

Nope.  Seattle has at least one competent starting pitcher and they've actually been to the playoffs since Ronald effing Reagan was president.  But here in the capitol of Loserville....

Kansas City.

Kansas City.

Ding, we have a winner!

The only time "winner" and "Kansas City" will ever be used in a sentence.  :(

You make Cleveland look.. not as bad... (all though the only  Cleveland team I root for is the Indians)

You make Cleveland look.. not as bad... (all though the only  Cleveland team I root for is the Indians)

The Chiefs and Royals.  Pity me.  :cry4:

At least we don't have a third team, so we avoid the trifecta of terribleness. 

To Jesus Through Mary

The Chiefs and Royals.  Pity me.  :cry4:

At least we don't have a third team, so we avoid the trifecta of terribleness. 

I lived in Kansas City for about 7 years, and for some odd reason I claim the Chiefs as my team. I kind of always gotta go for the underdog. But it seems more like I am rooting for bad management. But at least the Stadiums are pretty. I was born in San Antonio, so at least I have the Spurs. 

Ding, we have a winner!

The only time "winner" and "Kansas City" will ever be used in a sentence.  :(

Yes b/c Royals did not legitimately win the WS in '87. 

I lived in Kansas City for about 7 years, and for some odd reason I claim the Chiefs as my team. I kind of always gotta go for the underdog. But it seems more like I am rooting for bad management. But at least the Stadiums are pretty. I was born in San Antonio, so at least I have the Spurs. 

Ahem...ahem.... Chiefs is football and Spurs in basketball.

Ahem...ahem.... Chiefs is football and Spurs in basketball.

Oh yeah. I mean 85

Well.  They have a trophy and everything.  It's right there at the stadium.  I'm pretty sure they did win.

But that was a loooooooooonnnnnggggggg time ago so who knows?  Does anything actually happen before we exist?  Are we in the Matrix?  Ponder this if you will....