An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ave's Countdown And Musings

AveMariaPurissima

AveMariaPurissima

I just emailed the Sisters to ask for some clarification about the various fabric items on the list. Please pray that they respond ASAP because...[size=2]this might sound slightly trivial[/size]...I have some 50% off coupons for Joann's that are good for this week, so I'd like to use them to buy my fabric!

TheresaThoma

Having Joann's coupons and wanting to use them for the fabric (especially in those amounts!!) is not trivial, its sensible!
Fun fact about Joann's coupons if you find other ones like certain amount off of your total purchase you can use those too.

Wow! This community is so razzle dazzle!! I have totally internet stalked them and, like everyone else, I LOVE their habits and veils. Gorgeous! When's your date of entry again?

[quote name='TheresaThoma' timestamp='1338174356' post='2436141']
Having Joann's coupons and wanting to use them for the fabric (especially in those amounts!!) is not trivial, its sensible!
Fun fact about Joann's coupons if you find other ones like certain amount off of your total purchase you can use those too.
[/quote]

Memorial Day sale :love:

Here is a nice article I found about them: [url="http://www.mlive.com/living/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2011/10/trinitarians_of_mary_live_quie.html"]http://www.mlive.com/living/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2011/10/trinitarians_of_mary_live_quie.html[/url]

AveMariaPurissima: which house do they usually do vocational retreats at? I might visit them! You are so lucky to be entering into this order :)

Chrysophylax

[quote name='AveMariaPurissima' timestamp='1338161498' post='2435942']
I just emailed the Sisters to ask for some clarification about the various fabric items on the list. Please pray that they respond ASAP because...[size=2]this might sound slightly trivial[/size]...I have some 50% off coupons for Joann's that are good for this week, so I'd like to use them to buy my fabric!
[/quote]
Hey Ave! Did you know that, since you are homeschooled, your mom could also get an educators discount? (Our Joann's does that, anyway.) It's certainly something to ask about!

AveMariaPurissima

I just heard back from the Sisters and they said not to worry about bringing the fabric! That makes my life a lot easier because I was at Joann's the other day and couldn't find anything of what I needed!

I will respond more thoroughly to everyone's posts later. Right now I have to go and practice for my piano lesson. :)

AveMariaPurissima

[b][size=7]99 days!!! :nun2:[/size][/b]
[quote name='emmaberry' timestamp='1338265508' post='2436948']
Wow! This community is so razzle dazzle!! I have totally internet stalked them and, like everyone else, I LOVE their habits and veils. Gorgeous! When's your date of entry again?
[/quote]
God willing I will be entering Sept. 8th! I love their habits too -- they remind me of Our Lady!!
[quote name='emmaberry' timestamp='1338309201' post='2437142']
Here is a nice article I found about them: [url="http://www.mlive.com/living/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2011/10/trinitarians_of_mary_live_quie.html"]http://www.mlive.com..._live_quie.html[/url]

AveMariaPurissima: which house do they usually do vocational retreats at? I might visit them! You are so lucky to be entering into this order :)
[/quote]
I feel really blessed to be entering this community (God willing, of course!) I don't know that they do "official" retreats very often, at least not in Michigan. If you want to visit them, though (which I HIGHLY recommend!!!!!)--- just get in touch with them and ask when you could come visit. I don't know where you live, so I don't know which monastery is most convenient for you. If you need contact info I would be glad to post it. :) And if you (or anyone else) have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
AveMariaPurissima

77 days! :)
I just got my passport in the mail today!

BTW, my graduation party is tomorrow, so I suspect that that means I'll have to answer lots of vocation-related questions from my relatives, so please pray that that (and the party in general) goes well.

AveMariaPurissima

^Thanks for the prayers. The party went so much better than I imagined. (Very surprisingly, no one asked me anything vocation-related at all. Most of them already knew about my intentions, but I was expecting to be bombarded with further questions!)

A few weeks ago I emailed my Sisters to ask where I would be entering, but they still haven't replied. :( So I emailed them again today. Here's hoping... :nunpray:

Oh, and 71 days! :saint2:

Congrats on graduation Ave! Just a little over 2 months now-kyou must be SO excited. Please let us know where you will be entering.

I have said it before and I'll say it again: you are entering such a beautiful community/order (I am not sure which term is more appropriate for the Trinitarians of Mary!)