An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ave's Countdown And Musings

AveMariaPurissima

AveMariaPurissima

[quote name='emmaberry' timestamp='1340933891' post='2450230']
Congrats on graduation Ave! Just a little over 2 months now-kyou must be SO excited. Please let us know where you will be entering.

I have said it before and I'll say it again: you are entering such a beautiful community/order (I am not sure which term is more appropriate for the Trinitarians of Mary!)
[/quote]
Thanks so much! I am definitely very excited! :dance5:
I found out that I will be entering in Tecate, Mexico :smile2:. :twitch: I talked to one of the Sisters on the phone today, and was able to get a lot of my questions answered, so that was good. :)

[color=#0000ff]70 days[/color]

[quote name='AveMariaPurissima' timestamp='1341005613' post='2450546']
I found out that I will be entering in Tecate, Mexico :smile2:. :twitch: I talked to one of the Sisters on the phone today, and was able to get a lot of my questions answered, so that was good. :)

[/quote]

Yay! I'm glad you've finally found out where you're entering. Are you excited to go to Mexico?

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1341013062' post='2450611']
Yay! I'm glad you've finally found out where you're entering. Are you excited to go to Mexico?
[/quote]

My question also-the emoticons make it seem like she's both happy and surprised? Lol.

OnlySunshine

[quote name='AveMariaPurissima' timestamp='1341005613' post='2450546']

[/quote]

Have you managed to get everything on your list yet? :)

AveMariaPurissima

[quote name='emmaberry' timestamp='1340933891' post='2450230']
Congrats on graduation Ave! Just a little over 2 months now-kyou must be SO excited. Please let us know where you will be entering.

I have said it before and I'll say it again: you are entering such a beautiful community/order (I am not sure which term is more appropriate for the Trinitarians of Mary!)
[/quote]
Thanks! :)
[quote name='emmaberry' timestamp='1341012904' post='2450609']
Oooooh Mejico! I know you've said this before, but do you speak Spanish?
[/quote]
Sí, lo hablo un poquito. I took two years of Spanish in highschool, so I have a bit of a head start. Everyone, including the Sisters, tells me that once I'm in Mexico, I'll pick it up pretty quickly.
[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1341013062' post='2450611']
[/quote]
[quote name='emmaberry' timestamp='1341023536' post='2450663']
My question also-the emoticons make it seem like she's both happy and surprised? Lol.
[/quote]
The emoticons were going for happy and a bit overwhelmed. I'm not really surprised, but the thought of travelling so far unnerves me a bit. I've never flown before. :unsure: Nevertheless, though, I'm excited to finally get to go to Tecate!! From everything I've heard, it sounds so beautiful and amazing!
This is a huge adjustment for my parents (well, for me too) so please pray for them. They are very supportive, though, thankfully!

Edited by AveMariaPurissima

AveMariaPurissima

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1341027833' post='2450680']
Have you managed to get everything on your list yet? :)
[/quote]
Still working on that...

OnlySunshine

[quote name='AveMariaPurissima' timestamp='1341171027' post='2451215']
Still working on that...
[/quote]

What do you have left that you need to get? If you need help finding something online, I love doing research! :)

[quote name='Queen'sDaughter' timestamp='1341172541' post='2451228']
You and me both...
[/quote]

See above. :)

[quote name='AveMariaPurissima' timestamp='1341170861' post='2451213']
This is a huge adjustment for my parents (well, for me too) so please pray for them. They are very supportive, though, thankfully!
[/quote]

I will be praying for your family. I know it must be so hard for them, but that is great that they are putting on a brave face and being supportive!

AveMariaPurissima

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1341173281' post='2451233']
What do you have left that you need to get? If you need help finding something online, I love doing research! :)
[/quote]
Hmm...several things, but the biggest challenge I can think of at the moment is the 4 volume LotH in Latin. Preferably somewhere in the U.S.
[quote name='emmaberry' timestamp='1341176059' post='2451252']
I will be praying for your family. I know it must be so hard for them, but that is great that they are putting on a brave face and being supportive!
[/quote]
Thank you so much!!!!

Edited by AveMariaPurissima

OnlySunshine

[quote name='AveMariaPurissima' timestamp='1341182824' post='2451278']
Hmm...several things, but the biggest challenge I can think of at the moment is the 4 volume LotH in Latin. Preferably somewhere in the U.S.

Thank you so much!!!!
[/quote]

I will try to find it, but I've been only finding 6 volume versions so far. They are expensive!

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1341259465' post='2451582']
I will try to find it, but I've been only finding 6 volume versions so far. They are expensive!
[/quote]

Same. and the cost!!! :twitch:

Ave, this is possibly a bit more sketch than you'd like, but AbeBooks (generally reputable with a 30 day return policy) has a bookseller offer 3 of the 4 volumes for $60 each. There is free shipping to the US from Rome, but he doesn't have the Lent/Easter one. Scroll about 1/3 of the way down the page looking for this title... [url="http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=5498652448&searchurl=bsi%3D30%26kn%3Dliturgia%26sortby%3D1%26vci%3D50723639"]Liturgia horarum iuxta ritum romanum vol. 4 - Tempus per annum. Hebdomadae 18-34[/url]

[url="http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?bsi=30&kn=liturgia&sortby=1&vci=50723639&prevpage=3"]http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?bsi=30&kn=liturgia&sortby=1&vci=50723639&prevpage=3[/url]

AveMariaPurissima

Thanks so much for searching, you guys! As I look around on the internet, I keep getting more confused. (It doesn't help that I've never seen the one the Sisters use! I've only ever visited with them in Michigan, and there they use the English.) I'm also going to email a priest friend of mine who's really good with Latin type stuff to see if he has any suggestions.
And if I get more frustrated, I'll consult the Sisters! Thanks again, though, for your help!