An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ave's Countdown And Musings

AveMariaPurissima

OnlySunshine

[quote name='AveMariaPurissima' timestamp='1341263361' post='2451600']
Thanks so much for searching, you guys! As I look around on the internet, I keep getting more confused. (It doesn't help that I've never seen the one the Sisters use! I've only ever visited with them in Michigan, and there they use the English.) I'm also going to email a priest friend of mine who's really good with Latin type stuff to see if he has any suggestions.
And if I get more frustrated, I'll consult the Sisters! Thanks again, though, for your help!
[/quote]

You're welcome. Sorry I couldn't help more. I kept finding only the 6 volume or 3 volume versions. The 4 volume ones are hard to come by. :blush:

Here are 4 volume Latin LofHrs, but unfortunately they aren't available. :(

[url="http://www.paxbook.com/algorithmiS/servusPrimus?iussum=monstraElenchumScriptorumEditorum&corpus=74"]http://www.paxbook.c...torum&corpus=74[/url]

EDIT: Somewhat sketch, but here is a women with 2 different 4 volume (I THINK they are latin) breviaries on the market as of 6/15/2012. Each 4 volume set is under $300 too!
[url="http://modestinus.wordpress.com/2012/03/06/breviaries-for-sale/"]http://modestinus.wo...aries-for-sale/[/url]

Edited by emmaberry

AveMariaPurissima

Thank you everyone who looked for the Latin LotH. Someone I know was actually able to give me instructions for how to order it from the Vatican! Between the expense and the complicatedness of getting it, I'm thinking of just telling the Sisters that I'm not able to get it...maybe they have an extra set I could use. (lame, I know...) I really appreciate your effort and willingness to help, though! You guys are great! ;)
I did get my English LotH today, though. I can't wait to start using it! :) Up until now I've been using Christian Prayer.
Also, one of the Sisters called me yesterday. Now there's a possibility that I might be entering a little sooner! My Mom's going to call her back tomorrow and see if we can figure out for sure (for the moment, anyway) what the plan is going to be. Please pray that that goes well and according to God's will!

Edited by AveMariaPurissima

Chiquitunga

If you do decide to get them, make sure they are the right ones as I think there were some changes made on the ones published in 2000 and 2003 vs. the ones in 1987, many of which are on abebooks. Anyway your priest can help you :j

Midwest Theological Union has their own set too, but it's even more expensive - [url="http://www.theologicalforum.org/product.asp?ci=&pi=420"]http://www.theologic....asp?ci=&pi=420[/url]

[quote name='AveMariaPurissima' timestamp='1341709767' post='2453274']
Someone I know was actually able to give me instructions for how to order it from the Vatican! [/quote]
Straight from the Vatican-how spiffy! :like:

[color=#222222][font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif][size=4][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]

[quote name='AveMariaPurissima' timestamp='1341709767' post='2453274']
Now there's a possibility that I might be entering a little sooner! My Mom's going to call her back tomorrow and see if we can figure out for sure (for the moment, anyway) what the plan is going to be. Please pray that that goes well and according to God's will!
[/quote]
Praying. That is so exciting about your entrance date....definitely keep us posted on what your mom figures out with the phone call tomorrow!
[/background][/size][/font][/color]

AveMariaPurissima

[quote name='emmaberry' timestamp='1341711548' post='2453281']
[color=#222222][font=Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif'][size=4][background=rgb(255,255,255)]Praying. That is so exciting about your entrance date....definitely keep us posted on what your mom figures out with the phone call tomorrow![/background][/size][/font][/color]

[/quote]
Nothing for sure yet...we're still waiting to here back from Mother. Thanks for the prayers!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[img]http://www.trinitariansofmary.org/images/Flyers/Vocational-Retreat-flyer.gif[/img]

Edited by AveMariaPurissima

• 2 weeks later...
AveMariaPurissima

Well, I guess I should give an update ;)
I'll be staying with the Sisters in Michigan for 2 weeks next month. After that, I'll come home for a couple weeks, then I'll be entering in Mexico September 8th.

I bought my blankets today. It seemed so strange to buy blankets when the temperature right now is in the 90's!!!

TheresaThoma

[quote name='AveMariaPurissima' timestamp='1343078241' post='2458238']
I'll be staying with the Sisters in Michigan for 2 weeks next month. After that, I'll come home for a couple weeks, then I'll be entering in Mexico September 8th.

I bought my blankets today. It seemed so strange to buy blankets when the temperature right now is in the 90's!!!
[/quote]
That is so great that you get to spend some time with your Sisters in MI before entering!! Time will fly I'm sure!

OnlySunshine

[quote name='AveMariaPurissima' timestamp='1343078241' post='2458238']

[/quote]

Did you end up buying them from Vermont Country Store? How much did you wind up paying? I know the type of blanket you were looking for is not widely made today, but I love the style of them. My grandmother has them on the beds in her house and I always thought they were pretty. :)

AveMariaPurissima

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1343085722' post='2458275']
Did you end up buying them from Vermont Country Store? How much did you wind up paying? I know the type of blanket you were looking for is not widely made today, but I love the style of them. My grandmother has them on the beds in her house and I always thought they were pretty. :)
[/quote]
I bought them from Target, actually. I think it was their RE (Room Essentials) line. They were about $17 each.
I'm not really sure what specific style of blankets you're talking about. The list just said "2 beige blankets," so I didn't look for any special kind of blanket...

OnlySunshine

[quote name='AveMariaPurissima' timestamp='1343159253' post='2458488']
I bought them from Target, actually. I think it was their RE (Room Essentials) line. They were about $17 each.
I'm not really sure what specific style of blankets you're talking about. The list just said "2 beige blankets," so I didn't look for any special kind of blanket...
[/quote]

I think I got you confused with someone else who needed the really nice blankets with the fringe. I also had one that needed jacquard style bedspreads. :)

TheresaThoma

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1343166068' post='2458524']
I think I got you confused with someone else who needed the really nice blankets with the fringe. I also had one that needed jacquard style bedspreads. :)
[/quote]
I think that may have been Lisa, with the blankets with the fringe.

OnlySunshine

[quote name='TheresaThoma' timestamp='1343175288' post='2458569']
I think that may have been Lisa, with the blankets with the fringe.
[/quote]

Yep. Silly me... :hehe2:

• 2 weeks later...