An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ave's Countdown And Musings

AveMariaPurissima

Your visit to them seems to give positive signs for your future life there. I am glad everyone was so friendly and loving toward you. The sisterly love you experienced is something I am looking forward to in community life!

I also really like your avatar. Did you find that online, or did you snap some pictures while you were there? it's lovely.

AveMariaPurissima

[quote name='emmaberry' timestamp='1346472755' post='2477036']
Your visit to them seems to give positive signs for your future life there. I am glad everyone was so friendly and loving toward you. The sisterly love you experienced is something I am looking forward to in community life! [/quote]

My sisters are amesome. :) Like I wrote in the thank you note I sent them, "You're the best sisters anyone could ever hope to have!"
[quote]I also really like your avatar. Did you find that online, or did you snap some pictures while you were there? it's lovely.
[/quote]
Thanks! I got the picture from our website. That's where all my Trinitarian avatars have come from. ;)
[quote name='dymphnamaria' timestamp='1346499260' post='2477101']
AveMariaP, do they have convents in Asia?
[/quote]
Not so far. At present we have a total of five convents: two in Mexico (Tecate and Guadalajara), two in California (San Diego and Los Angeles), and one in Michigan. (Grand Rapids area.)

Only one more week!!!!! :bounce: :woot: :cloud9:

Edited by AveMariaPurissima

ChristinaTherese

Praying for you this week, and especially on Saturday.

Also, it's kind of fantastic that you're entering the Trinitarians of [i]Mary[/i] on Saturday, September 8, [i]Mary[/i]'s birthday :proud:.

[quote name='Christina Thérèse' timestamp='1346642871' post='2477752']
Praying for you this week, and especially on Saturday.

[b]Also, it's kind of fantastic that you're entering the Trinitarians of [i]Mary[/i] on Saturday, September 8, [i]Mary[/i]'s birthday[/b] :proud:.
[/quote]

:like:

AveMariaPurissima

Well, tomorrow, veeeerrrryyy early in the morning, my Dad and I are flying to San Diego. Then the Sisters are going to pick us up from the airport and take us across the border. Today has been a very emotional day! I've never flown before, so I'm rather stressed out about that. Plus leaving my parents, my home, my family and friends, my parish and our priests, is really hard, esp. because I'm going to be so far away. I know, though, that with God's grace everything is going to be OK.
Thank you, Pham, for all your prayers and support. I know I wasn't the most active of users, but I enjoyed my time here. :) I will be praying for y'all, and I ask for your continued prayers for me, the other girls who are entering Saturday (there are 5 of us all together), and for my parents, esp. my Mom. Thanks, and may God bless you! I'm looking forward to meeting you in eternity, if not sooner! (You're always welcome to come visit any of our monasteries!)

A couple last minute questions:
-Can I get a religious tag?
-Does anyone know if I can take a chain Rosary with my carryon? Someone very special just gave it to me and I would be extremely upset if it were to get confiscated.

Mary's Margaret

AVP my prayers are with you. Although it's so very hard to leave family and friends, I know you'll be enveloped in a loving community where God will pour His blessings and graces on you.

p.s. Sorry I can't answer your carryon question.

[quote name='AveMariaPurissima' timestamp='1346887059' post='2479092']
-Can I get a religious tag?
-Does anyone know if I can take a chain Rosary with my carryon? Someone very special just gave it to me and I would be extremely upset if it were to get confiscated.
[/quote]

Praying for you and the other entrants!!! So exciting!

Don't worry about flying-you will be fine and it will get you to your monastery (and Sisters!) that much faster.

Your questions: Yes you should get a religious tag, and your rosary should not get confiscated, but just to be safe, you may put it in your pocket or around your neck or wrist (I know some disagree with this but it would only be while walking through security). They cannot confiscate your jewelry, I don't think. This is only a guess, though.

May Jesus and Our Lady guide you into your new life!

Hey, Ave! (or should that be, Hail, Ave!!!!)

All my love and prayers follow you as YOU follow our Lord and his Mother. I wish you every grace as you go to give your life to our Lord.

If you want me to be your 'Extern' (i.e., a resource to pass on messages), just let me know and PM me your name and address... and anything else I should know.

Blessings,

AnneLine

PhuturePriest

[quote name='AveMariaPurissima' timestamp='1336508738' post='2428811']
God willing, four months from today, I will join the Trinitarians of Mary!!!!!! :yahoo:
[/quote]

Congratulations! I will greatly miss you and all that you have contributed here. Will you be able to use the computer? (This has probably been asked, but I am on the first page and am too lazy to check :hehe: )

AveMariaPurissima

FP: I don't know for sure, but I kind of doubt that I'll be on the computer much, if at all.

Thank you so much for all your kind words and promises of prayers! It truly means a lot to me!!! :) May God bless you all!!!

[i]Ad Trinitatem Per Mariam! (To the Trinity through Mary!)[/i]

PhuturePriest

[quote name='AveMariaPurissima' timestamp='1346891269' post='2479142']
FP: I don't know for sure, but I kind of doubt that I'll be on the computer much, if at all.

Thank you so much for all your kind words and promises of prayers! It truly means a lot to me!!! :) May God bless you all!!!

[i]Ad Trinitatem Per Mariam! (To the Trinity through Mary!)[/i]
[/quote]

Well, I'll tell you what. I will sacrifice having wonderful conversations with you if you promise to tell me all about the convent in Heaven. How does that sound? :)

ChristinaTherese

[quote name='emmaberry' timestamp='1346888932' post='2479112']
Your questions: Yes you should get a religious tag, and your rosary should not get confiscated, but just to be safe, you may put it in your pocket or around your neck or wrist (I know some disagree with this but it would only be while walking through security). They cannot confiscate your jewelry, I don't think. This is only a guess, though.
[/quote] You have to remove any metal that you have on your person as you go through the scanner. If you don't, they give you a pat down. If you don't want to be touched in the area that your rosary is in, don't have it there. (Around your neck might be a little awkward....)

However, rosaries are not contraband items. Yes, you do have to go through a metal detector, but they do not remove every piece of metal you have, only knives and firearms and stuff. The whole list of contraband items is here: [url="http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/prohibited/permitted-prohibited-items.shtm"]http://www.tsa.gov/t...ited-items.shtm[/url]

Edit: I hope you see this before you fly... otherwise you might be in for a nasty surprise tomorrow. Have a good flight! I'll be praying for you and the other postulants-to-be.

Edited by Christina Thérèse

Sr Mary Catharine OP

My prayers will be with you!
Don't worry about the rosary! When I travel (Sigh, Yes, I do!) I just put all my usual pocket stuff: rosary, pen, pencil, watch and my profession crucifix which I wear under my scapular in a carry on bag that goes through the x ray and there is never a problem. I do have to take off my belt and shoes which isn't fun because I look half dressed and I almost ALWAYS have to get "special attention". I try to smile and be gracious and offer it up as a gift to our Lord as a privilege for suffering in a SMALL way for the Faith and as an opportunity to preach by my smile and graciousness. Almost always the TSA people are very nice about it and I can tell they don't like having to do it!

I always make sure to say THANK YOU and GOD BLESS YOU! They love it!

I found my entrance day very hard. I flew here by myself and the good-byes at the airport were hard. You'll get through it and the pain will soon be joy!

God bless you!
Sr. Mary Catharine

He he he.... Sr. Mary Catharine gets to be a DISCALCED Dominican! ;) (AnneLine is evil..... you knew it! :brutebeast:

I usually put my rosary and similar things like keys into the pocket of a vest and just put the vest in one of the bins to go through the x-ray machine -- and they don't have a problem with it.

HOWEVER.... as I shared at the time of Sr. Marigold's entrance, I wouldn't wrap a statute of the Lord in a bunch of nightgowns to keep it from being broken... they made me take Him out of the nightgowns (how embarassing!) and then told me that the statue was covered in lead-based paint, and it looked like a BOMB! Talk about special attention!!!!!

You'll be fine -- and think about all the people you can pray for as you fly over their heads! Give your dad & family our love... and our prayers....

Edited by AnneLine