Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted

Just checking to let you know I'm still thinking of you & praying for you. Glad your mom is there, too.

Around if you need us....

Posted

Kujo,

Peace be with you.
I am truly sorry for the loss of your child. Please know that we all here are praying for the three of you. I am sure your dear child is praying you both.
Stay close to Mary. God bless.

Archaeology cat
Posted

Oh, Kujo! My heart breaks reading this! Be assured of my prayers and if I can do more, let me know.

regina_coeli
Posted

Praying!

i<3franciscans
Posted

Said a DMC for you at 3.

Posted

Thank you everyone for your kind words and prayers. It was a rough night and I can't say that I feel much better today. My mom wants me to go speak to a priest at my local parish...but I just don't want to talk to anyone right now. I feel so drained and chopped up in a way that I've never felt before. And you all are the only ones I can say anything to, outside of my family; I don't want to tell any of our friends about the last 72 hours because somehow Amanda would be incredibly embarrassed. And I would too.

In any case, she needs more prayers than me. She tried to hurt herself yesterday, and that's what prompted my outbursts and what not. She's gonna get some help now that she's down with her family. She's such an amazing person...someone everyone loves the minute they meet her. These last few days, and really the weeks and months leading up to this breakdown, it was like she was possessed or something. Not her usual happy, eternally optimistic self. I'm supposed to be the cynic/curmudgeon in this relationship.

If I can burden you all for more prayer that would be great. I'm sure you've all got your own stuff in your own lives that require divine intervention, so I hope I'm not being selfish by monopolizing your prayer lives.

FutureCarmeliteClaire
Posted

So many prayers for you and your fiancee. We are all praying.

i<3franciscans
Posted

Nothing is more important than helping others, especially through prayer.

Much love,
fran

Posted

No Kujo. You are not giving us a burden. Situations like this gives us all an opportunity to grow in holiness. I am pleased that Amanda is getting help. I will continue to pray for you both that peace and comfort will come soon.
God bless.

Posted

Kujo, prayers are also answered by people around you. Don't be afraid or embarassed to accept any help, wether it's just an ear to listen, or a shoulder to lean on. We all need help from time to time. Many of us have been helped with our pain and greif in the past and would love the chance to do the same for someone else. If you need it, you don't have to earn it or feel you deserve it. Srsly. If you only think someone may help, please let them.

IcePrincessKRS
Posted

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1338912447' post='2441205']
Thank you everyone for your kind words and prayers. It was a rough night and I can't say that I feel much better today. My mom wants me to go speak to a priest at my local parish...but I just don't want to talk to anyone right now. I feel so drained and chopped up in a way that I've never felt before. And you all are the only ones I can say anything to, outside of my family; I don't want to tell any of our friends about the last 72 hours because somehow Amanda would be incredibly embarrassed. And I would too.

In any case, she needs more prayers than me. She tried to hurt herself yesterday, and that's what prompted my outbursts and what not. She's gonna get some help now that she's down with her family. She's such an amazing person...someone everyone loves the minute they meet her. These last few days, and really the weeks and months leading up to this breakdown, it was like she was possessed or something. Not her usual happy, eternally optimistic self. I'm supposed to be the cynic/curmudgeon in this relationship.

If I can burden you all for more prayer that would be great. I'm sure you've all got your own stuff in your own lives that require divine intervention, so I hope I'm not being selfish by monopolizing your prayer lives.
[/quote]

Kujo, we're phamily. Your heartache is shared by all of us. There is no burden in praying for you and Amanda. I feel wretched that I can't do more for you. I cannot imagine the magnitude of the loss and pain she is feeling right now (and you). If our prayers can make a difference then I am glad to give all I have.

Groo the Wanderer
Posted

tons of prayers for you my brother, also for your wife and kiddo. listen to your mom - they know best.

MissScripture
Posted

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1338912447' post='2441205']
Thank you everyone for your kind words and prayers. It was a rough night and I can't say that I feel much better today. My mom wants me to go speak to a priest at my local parish...but I just don't want to talk to anyone right now. I feel so drained and chopped up in a way that I've never felt before. And you all are the only ones I can say anything to, outside of my family; I don't want to tell any of our friends about the last 72 hours because somehow Amanda would be incredibly embarrassed. And I would too.

In any case, she needs more prayers than me. She tried to hurt herself yesterday, and that's what prompted my outbursts and what not. She's gonna get some help now that she's down with her family. She's such an amazing person...someone everyone loves the minute they meet her. These last few days, and really the weeks and months leading up to this breakdown, it was like she was possessed or something. Not her usual happy, eternally optimistic self. I'm supposed to be the cynic/curmudgeon in this relationship.

If I can burden you all for more prayer that would be great. I'm sure you've all got your own stuff in your own lives that require divine intervention, so I hope I'm not being selfish by monopolizing your prayer lives.
[/quote]
Don't be worried about asking for prayers! That is the least we can do! You worry about taking care of yourself and Amanda and we'll keep up the prayers for you and her and your baby. When things are rough, just know that we've all got you guys in a big, spiritual hug, and the phamily will always be here for you, no matter what.

fides' Jack
Posted

Sorry you're going through such a rough time. You're both in our prayers.

Posted

Checked this thread from time to time all night, and will continue to do so...

I am glad you were there for Amanda, and I am glad you were able to get her the help she will need. We are all here for both of you, and we are all still praying.... and getting lots of others to pray, too.

I'm glad you have your mom & that you feel you can talk to us, too. When you are ready, other people in your world are there, too...

If/when you go talk to the priest, ask him to anoint you. That is a sacrament for healing, and it will give you extra strength and courage to get through this. That is what it is there for....

We love you, and God loves you. Let us all hold you, Kujo....

CatherineM
Posted

I have allowed myself to remember what it was like when I went through it in order to respond. Each time it felt like I was losing a part of my soul. I couldn't understand why God would allow me to become pregnant just to take it back again. Five years later, I am still searching for answers, but I do know I have been changed because of the miscarriages. I value life in a different way than I did before. I am more open to loving children that aren't my biological kids. It's just so hard to get past the despair at first which seems overwhelming.

cmotherofpirl
Posted

DearHeart all three of you are phamily. The light is always on, we are always here. If you need phone numbers for someone to cry with -we are here.

KnightofChrist
Posted

I will most certainly offer many prayers. God bless

Posted

Kujo,
I just saw your updates...I cannot imagine what you are going through, but PLEASE be assured of my prayers and PLEASE don't feel like you are burdening us with this. Love and prayers, Alex

Posted

Sending all the love in the world to you, buddy. You are our brother and we're going to care for you every step of the way through this.

I'm praying for you. You keep praying for you, too.

I know you said you don't feel like talking right now, and that's OK. You don't have to. But please think about seeing a priest when you can ... you suffered a very real loss that he will be able to counsel you through, and help you receive healing for your soul [i]and [/i]your heart.

Know that we love you, bro. Hang in there.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...