cmotherofpirl Posted June 6, 2012 Posted June 6, 2012 [quote name='kujo' timestamp='1338948670' post='2441599'] Yeah. Again, there are ti[color=#282828]mes in your life when your [/color][color=#282828]mo[/color][color=#282828]m is just the only thing that can get you through. I sorta pride [/color][color=#282828]myself on not pulling the [/color][color=#282828]mo[/color][color=#282828]m card, so to speak, very often. I think a [/color][color=#282828]man ought to stand on his own 2 feet. Nevertheless, I don't know what I would've done last night if she wasn't here to look after [/color][color=#282828]me. I spent the day with her and she bought [/color][color=#282828]me so[/color][color=#282828]me lunch and dinner..and [/color][color=#282828]more scotch. She was great, and I just left her. Kinda felt like I needed to co[/color][color=#282828]me ho[/color][color=#282828]me and be by [/color][color=#282828]myself tonight. Heading back to work to[/color][color=#282828]morrow, and I believe A[/color][color=#282828]manda will be setting up a [/color][color=#282828]meeting with so[/color][color=#282828]me sort of counselor to[/color][color=#282828]morrow as well. [/color] [color=#282828]Thanks for everything, guys. Don't know how [/color][color=#282828]many ti[/color][color=#282828]mes I can say that...[/color] [/quote] Nobody is that old dearie, that they don't need a mum to get them thru the hard times. Or a dad, or a best friend. We are all in this together.
kujo Posted June 6, 2012 Author Posted June 6, 2012 Today was a better day. She's going to be meeting with someone on monday morning.
IcePrincessKRS Posted June 6, 2012 Posted June 6, 2012 [quote name='kujo' timestamp='1339026116' post='2441977'] Today was a better day. She's going to be meeting with someone on monday morning. [/quote] I am glad to hear it. You both are still in my prayers.
kujo Posted June 7, 2012 Author Posted June 7, 2012 [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1339027041' post='2441979'] I am glad to hear it. You both are still in my prayers. [/quote] Thanks. I should also add that her job fired her yesterday after all of this stuff. Sorta smells of elderberries but it wasn't unexpected. This girl is like a machine and had never missed a day of work in her life. She changes jobs, gets pneumonia and then [i]this[/i] happens. She ended up calling out a few days and they just dropped her. ...then she applied and got an interview at our local public library
AnneLine Posted June 7, 2012 Posted June 7, 2012 Brother. Elderberries should smell so good, Kujo. Will pray for her success on the library job. Glad she is getting some counseling. Continuing to pray for both of you....
kujo Posted June 7, 2012 Author Posted June 7, 2012 [quote name='AnneLine' timestamp='1339028248' post='2441986'] Brother. Elderberries should smell so good, Kujo. Will pray for her success on the library job. Glad she is getting some counseling. Continuing to pray for both of you.... [/quote] I gotta say, I don't know that I've ever even noticed you on Pm before this whole ordeal. But I'll tell you what--you are pretty flippin' awesomesauce!
MIKolbe Posted June 7, 2012 Posted June 7, 2012 Kujo You have my prayers. We 'talked' about this, so I won't repeat myself. just know I love you both, and am asking Him if I could have life a little rougher so that you two can have it a little easier. Your requests don't burden me nor anyone. You ain't heavy, you're my brother. Pax, Jason
IcePrincessKRS Posted June 7, 2012 Posted June 7, 2012 [quote name='kujo' timestamp='1339027301' post='2441980'] Thanks. I should also add that her job fired her yesterday after all of this stuff. Sorta smells of elderberries but it wasn't unexpected. This girl is like a machine and had never missed a day of work in her life. She changes jobs, gets pneumonia and then [i]this[/i] happens. She ended up calling out a few days and they just dropped her. ...then she applied and got an interview at our local public library [/quote] I'll keep my fingers crossed and prayers going up for her job situation, too. It doesn't rain but it pours. Sheesh. [quote name='kujo' timestamp='1339028438' post='2441987'] I gotta say, I don't know that I've ever even noticed you on Pm before this whole ordeal. But I'll tell you what--you are pretty flippin' awesomesauce! [/quote] She really is.
i<3franciscans Posted June 7, 2012 Posted June 7, 2012 [quote name='kujo' timestamp='1339027301' post='2441980'] Thanks. I should also add that her job fired her yesterday after all of this stuff. Sorta smells of elderberries but it wasn't unexpected. This girl is like a machine and had never missed a day of work in her life. She changes jobs, gets pneumonia and then [i]this[/i] happens. She ended up calling out a few days and they just dropped her. ...then she applied and got an interview at our local public library [/quote]Praying that she gets the job. Glad to hear that today was better. I am offering up all my sacrifices for you and Amanda. <3 fran
MissyP89 Posted June 7, 2012 Posted June 7, 2012 Hope you're doing better tonight too, dude. I offered my suffering for you guys today, and will be doing the same tomorrow.
Amppax Posted June 7, 2012 Posted June 7, 2012 Dude, I've been saying bunches of prayers. Sorry to hear about your fiance's job situation. I'll keep praying.
Vincent Vega Posted June 7, 2012 Posted June 7, 2012 You and your girl (and your baby) have been constantly on my mind these past couple of days. Glad to know things are beginning to fall back into place. The offer from before stands if you need anything.
Marie-Therese Posted June 7, 2012 Posted June 7, 2012 Still sending love. Offering my day in the trenches in the ER tomorrow for you guys.
qfnol31 Posted June 7, 2012 Posted June 7, 2012 [quote name='kujo' timestamp='1339026116' post='2441977'] Today was a better day. She's going to be meeting with someone on monday morning. [/quote]I'm glad things are starting to improve for her, hopefully even with the job situation as it is, and I hope things are starting to look up a little for you too. I'm sorry you're going through this. I know nothing can prepare you for it and I'm sure it's hard for the both of you.
AnneLine Posted June 7, 2012 Posted June 7, 2012 (edited) Kujo, that was very sweet of you to say that (and thanks for the vote of confidence, Icy!). We have interacted before on a wild thread a few weeks ago..... you can always do a search Most of the time we tend to hang out in different PhatNeighborhoods. But I don't think I have ever had ANYONE say anything as nice as that... and it has been one of those weeks, so it is definitely is appreciated! But isn't that the way Phamily is? We share good and bad things... we celebrate, we ignore... we fight... but when stuff comes down, we are THERE for each other. Yes. Hope you and Amanda connect with some good grief counselors... and I'm still suggesting the Anointing of the Sick..... it is a VERY powerful sacrament, and both of you can use some healing...... --------------- One other thought... while I hate it that Amanda was terminated from her job, she might be eligible for disability and/or unemployment if those are available in your state.... my bet is she might be eligible for one or the other...check into them! Continuing to pray & hold you in my heart.... Edited June 7, 2012 by AnneLine
Adrestia Posted June 7, 2012 Posted June 7, 2012 It sure sounds like things are improving. I hope Amanda feels some amount of comfort (if that's even possible yet) knowing that she has an army praying for her. And yes, AnneLine is awesomesauce.
kujo Posted June 8, 2012 Author Posted June 8, 2012 I really, truly can't thank you all enough. As you might have gathered from my participation in some threads in the last day or so, I am starting to feel a little bit more like myself. Not much has changed--she made the appointment for early next week, and we'll be going from there. Financially, things are going to smell of elderberries real hard unless she gets this job at the library, so I'm certainly praying for that. I can't help feeling a little in the lurch in terms of our relationship--this whole thing began with her telling me (totally out of the blue) that she was having doubts about us and about whether or not she could be "what I want" (i.e.- a wife and mother). Since the whole thing spiraled out of control, it seems to be that she didn't mean that stuff as much as it initially seemed, and she has told me several times that she wants to be with me and that she loves me. Nevertheless, I can't help feeling like there's another shoe waiting to drop. I'm pushing all that stuff out of the way so that she has room to get better and address the core issues without pressure or stress about us. But while I'm doing that, my heart feels like it's aching. Ugh. I didn't intend this to be another emo rant. I just wanted to say thanks again and let you all know how truly loved and appreciated you are. She doesn't really know about this prayer army she's got working for her, and I think there's something beautiful about that.
IcePrincessKRS Posted June 8, 2012 Posted June 8, 2012 [quote name='kujo' timestamp='1339171695' post='2442535'] I really, truly can't thank you all enough. As you might have gathered from my participation in some threads in the last day or so, I am starting to feel a little bit more like myself. Not much has changed--she made the appointment for early next week, and we'll be going from there. Financially, things are going to smell of elderberries real hard unless she gets this job at the library, so I'm certainly praying for that. I can't help feeling a little in the lurch in terms of our relationship--this whole thing began with her telling me (totally out of the blue) that she was having doubts about us and about whether or not she could be "what I want" (i.e.- a wife and mother). Since the whole thing spiraled out of control, it seems to be that she didn't mean that stuff as much as it initially seemed, and she has told me several times that she wants to be with me and that she loves me. Nevertheless, I can't help feeling like there's another shoe waiting to drop. I'm pushing all that stuff out of the way so that she has room to get better and address the core issues without pressure or stress about us. But while I'm doing that, my heart feels like it's aching. Ugh. I didn't intend this to be another emo rant. I just wanted to say thanks again and let you all know how truly loved and appreciated you are. She doesn't really know about this prayer army she's got working for her, and I think there's something beautiful about that. [/quote] Maybe she was just having self-doubt, like "Am I really good enough?" not "I don't really want to do this." Either way you know we've got your back, prayerfully speaking, and we're here if you need to talk. The prayer army will keep marching on.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now