An Old School Catholic Message Board

Papist's razzle dazzle Stuff

Papist

homeschoolmom

Simple, yet still so razzle dazzle.

tgbB5.png

It took me two days to realize this was not just a picture of a button. :| I thought your standard for "razzle dazzle" was slipping there a little.

homeschoolmom

My razzle dazzle son got a perfect score on his mid-year CCD test. Must be his razzle dazzle homeschool mom.

:like:

homeschoolmom

Hope the kid's not thinking "Woo hoo... now I can sell this for $250 on eBay!!!" (KIDDING!!)

That was pretty cool.

Most here may not know/remember the Far Side newspaper comic. It was the most razzle dazzle newspaper comic ever.  Here are a few of my favorites.

far+side.jpg

209678_f520.jpg

Calamity-in-3-2-1-the-far-side-32457360-

far-side.jpg

209795_f520.jpg

Edited by Papist

Had sonogram today.  And............3rd razzle dazzle son coming in March.

468227_4990835968960_1998783321_o.jpg

Baby boy!!!!!!!! Yay. So exciting.

Can't wait to meet him. <3 And the rest of your brood.

I promise I'll try really hard to not be like this:

babies.png

Razzle dazzle quote from my favorite 20th century theologian.

‎"If we consider sex in itself and ask what Nature had in mind in giving sex to human beings, there can be only one answer: Sex is meant for the production of children, as lungs for breathing or the digestive organs for nourishment. The physical and psychological mechanism is so complex in the man and in the woman, so delicately ordered for the generating of new life, that it would be monstrous to deny (nor, one imagines, has anyone ever denied) that that is what sex is meant for, that is why we have sexual powers. The fact that man can use sex for other, sterile purposes of his own choosing does not alter the certainty that child-bearing is sex's own purpose. I know that to the modern reader there seems something quaint and old-world in asking what a thing is for; the modern question is always what can I do with it. Yet it remains a first principle of the intelligent use of anything to ask what the thing is for--indeed that is almost a first principle of the intelligent misuse of anything. If you are going to pervert a thing, it is wise to know what you are perverting. And to ask what Nature has in mind can hardly be an unnatural opening for any discussion."  Marriage and the Family - Frank J Sheed

homeschoolmom

That the one when the parents come home to see the babysitter(who is a witch) cooked/ate the kids?

Yes. It's hilarious because the tone of the dad is that he's shocked-- not that she cooked and ate the kids, but that she ate *both* of them.

AccountDeleted

I love this article about African tribes that don't have homosexuality or masturbation and sex is for procreation! (mature content) - I don't know how to use spoilers or I would have posted the whole article.

[quote]

Where Masturbation and Homosexuality Do Not Exist

By Alice Dreger

When sex means reproduction, certain proclivities may simply not be part of cultural models of sexuality.

man_with_dau%20615.jpg
Aka father carrying his daughter while out on a hunt [Courtesy of Barry Hewlett

More here ...

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2012/12/where-masturbation-and-homosexuality-do-not-exist/265849/

[/quote]

Edited by nunsense

We took our parish's Elijah Cup* for the week. And now, my 6yo son asked for a real chalice and paten for Christmas. He said he wants to play Mass.

*  Elijah Cup - a consecrated chalice, to provide a focal point of prayer. Prayer for vocations to the priesthood, the diaconate and to the religious life.