An Old School Catholic Message Board

Papist's razzle dazzle Stuff

Papist

Razzle dazzle quote from my favorite 20th century theologian.

‎"So we return to our anomaly: the continuation of the race, which requires above all things an ordered framework of life, is entrusted to sex, which of itself makes for chaos. It is in marriage that these two irreconcilables are reconciled. The critics of marriage have simply not realized how incredibly difficult, and how totally necessary, is the reconciliation it effects. In marriage sex loses none of its strength, but it serves life."
Marriage and the Family - Frank J Sheed

homeschoolmom
I have decided to work from home and this is my razzle dazzle home office I am installing in my backyard.

SSdUM.png

f2QWZ.png

nIpFo.png

Very cool. You live in the South, don't you?

Very cool. You live in the South, don't you?

Yep.   It was nice wearing shorts and one layer Saturday.

Edited by Papist

homeschoolmom
Yep. 

If my husband tried to work in something like that, he'd probably freeze to death in it or else the door would either freeze shut or become blocked with ice and snow. :|

Yep.   It was nice wearing shorts and one layer Saturday.

I agree. But I try to break out the shorts everytime we have 35 degree weather in December.

They just don't make razzle dazzle toys like this anymore.  It is impossible to get a hot wheels track without it being some stupid theme, such as Cars 2 or dinosaur crash.

VINTAGE_MATTEL_HOT_WHEELS_RED_LINE_SPECI

homeschoolmom
They just don't make razzle dazzle toys like this anymore.  It is impossible to get a hot wheels track without it being some stupid theme, such as Cars 2 or dinosaur crash.

VINTAGE_MATTEL_HOT_WHEELS_RED_LINE_SPECI

:clap: Orange and maroon!

:clap: Orange and maroon!

I also love the finish line is mechanical, not electric with lights and annoying sounds, like the track my brother bought my boys.

homeschoolmom
I also love the finish line is mechanical, not electric with lights and annoying sounds, like the track my brother bought my boys.

I think only one of my sons ever had a hotwheels set and he didn't really play with it. Nowadays they only have ONE set up! How boring is that??? The cars, on the other hand... we have had hundreds of them and my boys played with them on imaginary roads.

We took our parish's Elijah Cup* for the week. And now, my 6yo son asked for a real chalice and paten for Christmas. He said he wants to play Mass.

*  Elijah Cup - a consecrated chalice, to provide a focal point of prayer. Prayer for vocations to the priesthood, the diaconate and to the religious life.

This is the first time I've heard of something like this. Sounds super razzle dazzle. But don't they ever worry someone will break or desecrate it?

This is the first time I've heard of something like this. Sounds super razzle dazzle. But don't they ever worry someone will break or desecrate it?

It is not a Mass chalice and paten. I doubt it is a sacred vessel. Just a chalice and paten purchased for this tradition in order to have a relevant object to focus on during prayer. You know, you can purchase a chalice yourself, just like the ones used in Mass. However, they ain't cheap.

homeschoolmom
Two razzle dazzle gifs.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-6398-1355938284-13.

I love ice cream sammich even more now.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-14442-1355944586-3.

I want an ice cream sammich.... Maybe my husband will go off in search of one for me. Yum.