xTrishaxLynnx Posted August 2, 2012 Author Posted August 2, 2012 Instant. Thanks for bumping, arfink.
arfink Posted August 2, 2012 Posted August 2, 2012 [quote name='Papist' timestamp='1343933302' post='2461648'] Whatever your preference is. [/quote] Surely one of these works better than another. We should conduct a scientific experiment. Now if only we could find large groups of people who love chocolate pudding.
brianthephysicist Posted August 2, 2012 Posted August 2, 2012 [quote name='arfink' timestamp='1343939814' post='2461680'] Now if only we could find large groups of people who love chocolate pudding. [/quote] Found some: [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/118306-i-hate-hormones/"]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/118306-i-hate-hormones/[/url]
arfink Posted August 2, 2012 Posted August 2, 2012 Doooood, now we must convince them to take part in our experimentz. MWAHHAAHHAHAHAHAAA
xTrishaxLynnx Posted August 2, 2012 Author Posted August 2, 2012 [quote name='arfink' timestamp='1343939814' post='2461680'] Surely one of these works better than another. We should conduct a scientific experiment. Now if only we could find large groups of people who love chocolate pudding. [/quote] [quote name='brianthephysicist' timestamp='1343940594' post='2461685'] Found some: [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/118306-i-hate-hormones/"]http://www.phatmass....-hate-hormones/[/url] [/quote]
ContemporaryCaflicCrusader Posted August 3, 2012 Posted August 3, 2012 I thought I heard you were writing a novel Trisha: Whats it about? Whats the genre? Let me warn you I don't read a whole lot lol.
ContemporaryCaflicCrusader Posted August 3, 2012 Posted August 3, 2012 I bought and read almost all of the complete idiots guide to writing a novel. It ends by challenging you to come up with your first draft in 6 months, but I just don't read enough to be serious about it.
arfink Posted August 3, 2012 Posted August 3, 2012 Step 1 of writing fiction: make a list of books you'd like to imitate. Step 2: throw out that list. Make sure you read none of those books. Step 3: Write whatever you feel like. Step 4: TROLOLOL
xTrishaxLynnx Posted August 3, 2012 Author Posted August 3, 2012 [quote name='ContemporaryCaflicCrusader' timestamp='1343955086' post='2461782'] I thought I heard you were writing a novel Trisha: Whats it about? Whats the genre? Let me warn you I don't read a whole lot lol. [/quote] I'd rather not give away the plot on an open forum. And it's okay if you don't read it; maybe I can make an audio version. [quote name='ContemporaryCaflicCrusader' timestamp='1343955372' post='2461785'] I bought and read almost all of the complete idiots guide to writing a novel. It ends by challenging you to come up with your first draft in 6 months, but I just don't read enough to be serious about it. [/quote] It would be quite possible that I'd come up with the first draft in less than 6 months since I don't have a "real job" right now, but I have a couple of other goals that are pretty important to me and that I'd like to reach in that same time frame, so it's not as likely at this point.
arfink Posted August 3, 2012 Posted August 3, 2012 One valuable lesson I was taught by my father: never build a skyscraper before you can build a garden shed. I doodled before I did anything else. Look at the really humble beginnings of my artistry: [img]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-cZmBuyXJ_pA/TRwUccY7tPI/AAAAAAAAAp8/Fg5Gmk7cFrY/s800/DSCF1191.JPG[/img] A good novel takes many years of practice and hard work methinks. Keep at it!
BG45 Posted August 3, 2012 Posted August 3, 2012 At least you care about the novel! I never finish editing mine after NaNoWriMo
xTrishaxLynnx Posted August 3, 2012 Author Posted August 3, 2012 Hmm... Yeah I'm definitely not going to finish it in ONE month. That would be so amesome, though.
Maximilianus Posted August 3, 2012 Posted August 3, 2012 [quote name='arfink' timestamp='1344014475' post='2462133'] One valuable lesson I was taught by my father: never build a skyscraper before you can build a garden shed. I doodled before I did anything else. Look at the really humble beginnings of my artistry: [img]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-cZmBuyXJ_pA/TRwUccY7tPI/AAAAAAAAAp8/Fg5Gmk7cFrY/s800/DSCF1191.JPG[/img] A good novel takes many years of practice and hard work methinks. Keep at it! [/quote] That looks looks like my notes, folders and notebooks from about 5th grade to my senior year in college.
arfink Posted August 3, 2012 Posted August 3, 2012 [quote name='Maximilianus' timestamp='1344018136' post='2462202'] That looks looks like my notes, folders and notebooks from about 5th grade to my senior year in college. [/quote] 100% pictorial note taking bro!
Amppax Posted August 4, 2012 Posted August 4, 2012 You're writing a novel? That's pretty razzle dazzle!
arfink Posted August 4, 2012 Posted August 4, 2012 I hope AnneLine doesn't blunder in here, she might get some crazy ideas!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now