An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sspx Members Welcome?

Studiumecclesiae

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1345062951' post='2468189']
at least he didn't call me fat...
[/quote]

That would just be cruel.

[img]http://justinmcroberts.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/sumo-kid1.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Slappo' timestamp='1345062840' post='2468187']
Why you gotta be so mean to MIkolbe bro? :cry:
[/quote]

Because he likes it. :|

(Though not who I was thinking of lol.)

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='AnneLine' timestamp='1345067616' post='2468232']
Where did you find the actual photo of David and Goliath?
[/quote]

The old photo album Jason keeps in the attic.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1345063203' post='2468191']

That would just be cruel.

[img]http://justinmcroberts.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/sumo-kid1.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Ahhhh

From my slimmer days.....

Studiumecclesiae

[quote name='fides' Jack' timestamp='1345051542' post='2468045']
What made you finally decide to go to the dark side?

Or is that a bad question to ask...? If this thread was moved from the debate table, maybe I shouldn't ask...
[/quote]
The dark side isn't the SSPX, but the modern Church which teaches heresies.
The ED communities are fine, but they aren't allowed to criticize the Vatican II council in public. The SSPX is allowed.
The ED communities have great qualities and are doing well but the SSPX ones are having a really authentic fight against modernism and it's very admirable. I left the ED because I was disatisfied, and they would "let go", when it's problematic, accept things that are unacceptable because the Church says it's fine. But the Church is only trying to get adapted to the modern world, when it should be the world adapting to it.

This is why I joined the SSPX. Cause I can't accept the Vatican II council, the new catechism of John Paul II, the new Canon Law that lets girls serve mass, ecumenism, interreligious dialogue, collegiality, the new mass and other things.

[b]Thanks for all your replies. I'm glad I'm not the only one here.[/b]

dymphnamaria

[quote name='Studiumecclesiae' timestamp='1345101426' post='2468545']
The dark side isn't the SSPX, but the modern Church which teaches heresies.
The ED communities are fine, but they aren't allowed to criticize the Vatican II council in public. The SSPX is allowed.
The ED communities have great qualities and are doing well but the SSPX ones are having a really authentic fight against modernism and it's very admirable. I left the ED because I was disatisfied, and they would "let go", when it's problematic, accept things that are unacceptable because the Church says it's fine. But the Church is only trying to get adapted to the modern world, when it should be the world adapting to it.

This is why I joined the SSPX. Cause I can't accept the Vatican II council, the new catechism of John Paul II, the new Canon Law that lets girls serve mass, ecumenism, interreligious dialogue, collegiality, the new mass and other things.

[b]Thanks for all your replies. I'm glad I'm not the only one here.[/b]
[/quote]

:noevil:

Nihil Obstat

I am sympathetic towards your thought process, Studiumecclesiae. By that I mean that I share many of your concerns, and (I hope) much of your zeal and desire to right what has gone wrong.

I too share your concerns.
I disagree with your method to bring about change.

I believe it is easier to talk and influence from within a loving embrace, rather than yelling from outside that embrace.

Brother Adam

If the Catholic Church has ever taught heresy in its official capacity to teach faith and morals, I am leaving. None of us actually, has any reason to remain Catholic if the gates of hell have prevailed against the Church. There is also no reason to fight for the Catholic Church if she has been overrun by Satan. That type of weakness and ineffectiveness means God is not with her.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Brother Adam' timestamp='1345138525' post='2468643']
If the Catholic Church has ever taught heresy in its official capacity to teach faith and morals, I am leaving. None of us actually, has any reason to remain Catholic if the gates of hell have prevailed against the Church. There is also no reason to fight for the Catholic Church if she has been overrun by Satan. That type of weakness and ineffectiveness means God is not with her.
[/quote]

Notwithstanding, of course, that hypothetically men in the Church, even many, even most, including sometimes bishops and even popes, might teach or believe heresy at some arbitrary point in time. I know you know that, but someone reading the thread might not.

Edited by Nihil Obstat

franciscanheart

[quote name='sixpence' timestamp='1345139450' post='2468649']
what does ED stand for?
[/quote]
Ecclesia Dei

Vincent Vega

[quote name='sixpence' timestamp='1345139450' post='2468649']
what does ED stand for?
[/quote]
It means if you experience a liturgy lasting more than four hours, seek help immediately and call a Doctor of the Church.