An Old School Catholic Message Board

So Yeah...

Annie12

[quote name='AnneLine' timestamp='1346916967' post='2479336']
Antigonos, I love the idea... and it is the right one (finding someone who shares your values & interests... and then going on a date with that person) ... but too much age difference at those ages, I'm afraid for a date.... we don't want to get anyone in trouble! But a friendship... ah, that is fine.[/quote]

[i]There's a reason that one's "significant other" is called "bashert" [the destined one] in Yiddish. Finding the right one is not easy.[/i]

[quote]The more loving, kind and well rounded a person you are / can become, the better wife OR sister/nun you will make. [/quote]

[i]IMO, this ought to be engraved on a plaque in large letters for every potential VS-er to see every day. I'd only add priest/monk/friar to sister/nun as well. Some say that to live religious life one has to be superhuman; I'd say you have to be a super human* for either the vocation of marriage or religious life.[/i]

[i]*Something every mother learns very quickly, along with the necessity for 3 pairs of arms, like a Hindu idol.[/i]

Edited by Antigonos

[color=#0000FF][i]Some say that to live religious life one has to be superhuman; I'd say you have to be a super human for either the vocation of marriage or religious life.[/i][/color]

I'll prop that, Antigonos...... Super-sized prop if available :winner:

[quote name='Antigonos' timestamp='1346904580' post='2479269']
Annie and FP -- aren't you both approximately the same age? Do you by any chance live in the same general area? Perhaps the two of you ought to share a milkshake and go to a movie together? :idea2:

The first VS shidduch! [match] Don't worry, as shadchan [matchmaker] I don't charge much -- only a small percentage of the bride's dowry :smile4:
[/quote]

Funny. Ha. He. Ha. He Ha. :paperbag: ........( :hehe2: )

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Antigonos' timestamp='1346904580' post='2479269']
Annie and FP -- aren't you both approximately the same age? Do you by any chance live in the same general area? Perhaps the two of you ought to share a milkshake and go to a movie together? :idea2:

The first VS shidduch! [match] Don't worry, as shadchan [matchmaker] I don't charge much -- only a small percentage of the bride's dowry :smile4:
[/quote]

Bahaha. I am flattered, but sadly we are not in the same general area. I'm probably not worthy of her fine company anyway. :hehe:

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1346980786' post='2479600']
Sadly....Oreo (oremoose) is dating a different girl......

:(
[/quote]

:console:

:nun2:

Edited by MeteorShower

[quote name='AnneLine' timestamp='1346916967' post='2479336']
but too much age difference at those ages, I'm afraid for a date.... we don't want to get anyone in trouble! But a friendship... ah, that is fine.[/quote]

:like: :smile4:

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1346976061' post='2479570']
I'm probably not worthy of her fine company anyway. :hehe:
[/quote]

FP, there's humility -- and there's reality.* :unsure:

*I would have PM'd this, but I can't PM.

[quote name='Antigonos' timestamp='1346990938' post='2479684']
FP, there's humility -- and there's reality.* :unsure:

*I would have PM'd this, but I can't PM.
[/quote]

I would've propped this, but I can't prop you.

FP, you are amesome and girls would be lucky to date you! Don't sell yourself short, friend.

Oh goodness, that 'friend' makes me sound like a foreigner on ebay. :paperbag:

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1346991925' post='2479691']
NO GUYS WOULD DATE ME.....one look at my face...boom I scare them away

:sad:

There I am done complaining...
[/quote]

Offer them chicken. The way to man's heart is through his stomach.

[quote name='Luigi' timestamp='1346992720' post='2479695']
Offer them chicken. The way to man's heart is through his stomach.
[/quote]

I live out in the boomdocks....and I don't really talk to any guys.....unless I am on the internet...and those guys are too far to see anyway..and..like I said....I don't get out that much.....and I see guys at Mass but I don't know them because I am new to the parish...and they probably think that I am younger than I really am.....because I look younger.....sigh

I won't give them any of my chickens.....