An Old School Catholic Message Board

So Yeah...

Annie12

PhuturePriest

[quote name='emmaberry' timestamp='1346991680' post='2479689']
I would've propped this, but I can't prop you.

FP, you are amesome and girls would be lucky to date you! Don't sell yourself short, friend.

Oh goodness, that 'friend' makes me sound like a foreigner on ebay. :paperbag:
[/quote]

Is that a joke about my 5'4 height?

But really, thank you for the compliment, but I think "lucky to date me" is a [i]little[/i] bit of a stretch. :hehe:

And don't worry, I like foreigners. :P

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1346994520' post='2479708']
Is that a joke about my 5'4 height?
[/quote]

No. :|

It really wasn't. You're right, 'lucky' may be a stretch since this whole online thing is pretty shady overall, but it makes me sad to hear someone who would be considered a great catch (devout Catholic, nice guy, well-intentioned, etc) to refer to themselves as anything less, even jokingly. Maybe it is because I have a little brother. Antigonos is braver than I am though, for posting her thoughts on the matter first.

And you will grow. Promise! I grew 3 inches between when I was 13 and 19, and I'm an average-height girl.... The odds are for you!

Although being a short Franciscan friar is not a bad thing. :saint:

[quote] Antigonos is braver than I am though, for posting her thoughts on the matter first. [/quote]

[i]You see, that's what happens when you become A Wrinkly [I'm 66 next month][/i]

[quote] And you will grow. Promise! I grew 3 inches between when I was 13 and 19, and I'm an average-height girl.... The odds are for you! [/quote]

[i]I'll tell you a story. When my son was about to be bar mitzvah, at age 13, his AUNT said to him "Happy Birthday -- you're 9 this year, right?" He's now about 5" taller than his father. If your current avatar is a picture of you, then you definitely won't remain the height you are now. And in the event that I'm a lousy prophet, just look how successful Dom de Vito has been! [or Ronny Barker, if you follow British TV shows]

SERIOUSLY...as others have said, don't sell yourself short [terrible pun, I know][/i]

Edited by Antigonos

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1346993202' post='2479698']
I live out in the boomdocks....[b][color=#0000ff]and I don't really talk to any guys.[/color][/b]....unless I am on the internet...and those guys are too far to see anyway..and..like I said....I don't get out that much.....and I see guys at Mass but I don't know them because I am new to the parish...and they probably think that I am younger than I really am.....because I look younger.....sigh
[/quote]

I think what I highlighted has way more to do with your not going on a date than your face. I don't see anything in your avatar that would turn anybody away.

The camo however might be working against you. I'm not saying you need to go girly girly which is totally not your personality - but I don't see why, if you were modestly dressed to flatter, and if you made friendly chat (and smile) why you wouldn't be able to find yourself on a couple dates.

i<3franciscans

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1346991925' post='2479691']
NO GUYS WOULD DATE ME.....one look at my face...boom I scare them away

:sad:

There I am done complaining...
[/quote]
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoakFTbFZBU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoakFTbFZBU[/url]

<3
fran

PhuturePriest

[quote name='emmaberry' timestamp='1347000929' post='2479732']
No. :|

It really wasn't. You're right, 'lucky' may be a stretch since this whole online thing is pretty shady overall, but it makes me sad to hear someone who would be considered a great catch (devout Catholic, nice guy, well-intentioned, etc) to refer to themselves as anything less, even jokingly. Maybe it is because I have a little brother. Antigonos is braver than I am though, for posting her thoughts on the matter first.

And you will grow. Promise! I grew 3 inches between when I was 13 and 19, and I'm an average-height girl.... The odds are for you!

And yes, being a short Franciscan Friar isn't a bad thing. :hehe: Saint Francis and Saint Anthony were short, actually.

Although being a short Franciscan friar is not a bad thing. :saint:
[/quote]

Oh, I was just joking about the short thing. Don't worry. :hehe:

Well, it just seems prideful for me to call myself a great catch. It may not be, perhaps embracing this would be good. It reminds me of the time when I called Father Gabriel of the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal last September. He told me that I was a good person and to embrace this fact, and not to be afraid to say it out of humility. Perhaps this applies in this situation as well?

Edited by FuturePriest387

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1347046414' post='2479919']
Well, it just seems prideful for me to call myself a great catch. It may not be, perhaps embracing this would be good. It reminds me of the time when I called Father Gabriel of the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal last September. He told me that I was a good person and to embrace this fact, and not to be afraid to say it out of humility. Perhaps this applies in this situation as well?
[/quote]

I am the last person who should be giving you advice about humility, but it seems that the answer is 'neither.' You don't need to proclaim yourself a great catch, yet you also don't need to say that you [i]aren't[/i]. The easiest thing would be to just not mention anything about your catchiness (?).

So, if we were re-enacting Antigonos, "Annie, FP, milkshake and movie, eh? EH?"* Then you could just say, "That sounds like a genius idea, but there is an age gap, which is somewhat large for our current ages."

The only time you need to tell a girl you are unworthy of her is if you forget her birthday or your anniversary... Or if you call her mom fat. :|

*Intense paraphrase

Edited by emmaberry

[indent=1][color=#0000FF]FuturePriest387, on Today, 11:33 AM, said:[/color][/indent]

[indent=1][color=#0000FF]Well, it just seems prideful for me to call myself a great catch. It may not be, perhaps embracing this would be good. It reminds me of the time when I called Father Gabriel of the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal last September. He told me that I was a good person and to embrace this fact, and not to be afraid to say it out of humility. Perhaps this applies in this situation as well?[/color][/indent]

Yes, Miles, I think it does. Humility is seeing things as God sees them. God creates things that reflect beauty, wisdom and charity. We tend to forget that and then try to say that God creates junk. Not very flattering to God, is it. On the other hand.... overflating yourself tends to say God didn't know what to do by creating you in the first place.....

Lil' Mon,

I think your avatar picture looks a lot like Meryl Streep... and that ain't bad. I'm jealous! (She's older than either of us... but that just gives you a clue how fantastic you'll look when YOU get older!)

[img]http://images.zap2it.com/images/celeb-45093/meryl-streep-1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img2.timeinc.net/instyle/images/2009/transformation/1980-meryl-streep-400.jpg[/img]

Edited by AnneLine

See, Mon.... you are pretty too!

[url="http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2047512320/nm0000658"][img]http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTU4Mjk5MDExOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTU1MTMyMw@@._V1._SY314_CR4,0,214,314_.jpg[/img][/url][img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/uploads/profile/photo-thumb-13218.jpg?_r=0[/img]

Edited by AnneLine

[quote name='mantellata' timestamp='1347019571' post='2479783']
I think what I highlighted has way more to do with your not going on a date than your face. I don't see anything in your avatar that would turn anybody away.

The camo however might be working against you. I'm not saying you need to go girly girly which is totally not your personality - but I don't see why, if you were modestly dressed to flatter, and if you made friendly chat (and smile) why you wouldn't be able to find yourself on a couple dates.
[/quote]

Thank you. What??? What's wrong with my camo hat? I like that hat.....I got lots more hats too.....I have been wearing hats for a long time. I think I was 4 years old when I starting to wear hats most of the time..and it wasn't a camo hat either.....It was a winter hat which I called "Hot hat"....Well I guess it started when I lived up north.....where it was freaking cold but as a kid..it didn't bother me. So I guess that's where I started to wear hats. Then I graduated to cowboy hats, sport caps, and hunting hats too. I feel very comfortable in my camo hat. Also it's a lil weird if you don't wear a hat outside..especially when I go inside the barn. I don't have a regular chicken coop....but um chicken poopy is everywhere. And if the chickens are roosting.......you better watch out. I have been pooped on lots of time. Guess what saves me from a direct hit? My hat....well not this hat....my working hat. Also I had 4 Brothers and I am a Daddy's girl too. And yes I do have imprint on my head from the hat....it looks like a halo. But I am not a saint nor close to be one either.

Also I will only attract guys who like to hunt...I guess.....And if a guy doesn't lke me for me....then he's not worth it. At least I don't walk around dressing like a hooker. Besides I think I am allergic to makeup....I have very sensitive skin.

Haha my Dad didn't marry a girly girl....She doesn't go hunting but she likes it though....she wears camo too.

[quote name='AnneLine' timestamp='1347050198' post='2479976']

Lil' Mon,

I think your avatar picture looks a lot like Meryl Streep... and that ain't bad. I'm jealous! (She's older than either of us... but that just gives you a clue how fantastic you'll look when YOU get older!)

[img]http://images.zap2it.com/images/celeb-45093/meryl-streep-1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img2.timeinc.net/instyle/images/2009/transformation/1980-meryl-streep-400.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Yeah thank you....I guess so......

[quote name='AnneLine' timestamp='1347051989' post='2480017']
See, Mon.... you are pretty too!

[url="http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2047512320/nm0000658"][img]http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTU4Mjk5MDExOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTU1MTMyMw@@._V1._SY314_CR4,0,214,314_.jpg[/img][/url][img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/uploads/profile/photo-thumb-13218.jpg?_r=0[/img]
[/quote]

Thank you... :blush:

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1347077207' post='2480167']
Thank you. What??? What's wrong with my camo hat? I like that hat.....I got lots more hats too.....I have been wearing hats for a long time. I think I was 4 years old when I starting to wear hats most of the time..and it wasn't a camo hat either.....It was a winter hat which I called "Hot hat"....Well I guess it started when I lived up north.....where it was freaking cold but as a kid..it didn't bother me. So I guess that's where I started to wear hats. Then I graduated to cowboy hats, sport caps, and hunting hats too. I feel very comfortable in my camo hat. Also it's a lil weird if you don't wear a hat outside..especially when I go inside the barn. I don't have a regular chicken coop....but um chicken poopy is everywhere. And if the chickens are roosting.......you better watch out. I have been pooped on lots of time. Guess what saves me from a direct hit? My hat....well not this hat....my working hat. Also I had 4 Brothers and I am a Daddy's girl too. And yes I do have imprint on my head from the hat....it looks like a halo. But I am not a saint nor close to be one either.

Also I will only attract guys who like to hunt...I guess.....And if a guy doesn't lke me for me....then he's not worth it. At least I don't walk around dressing like a hooker. Besides I think I am allergic to makeup....I have very sensitive skin.
[/quote]

Lil Mon, you are so right that you don't need to change for a guy-and if you do, then he is definitely not right for you! I think mantellata was not saying to change who you are or get rid of the camo-maybe just incorporate some more girly aspects into your wardrobe that say, "I am open to dating!"

Like I said, I don't think the point was to get rid of your hat. We all think, from your picture, that a nice cute girl like you should be getting plenty of offers for dates... but if you are not getting the offers now (and we know it's not because of how you look!), that implies that something [s]needs to change[/s] might be done a little differently. I personally think that you may need to chat with more RL guys, as you said you don't do much of this in an earlier post.

Edited by emmaberry

I think you posted a picture of you wearing something blue at one point that was really WOW.... would you change your avatar in honor of our Lady's Birthday on Sept 8? Huh? Maybe?

I agree with all that has been said - you want a guy who likes you in camo... but you may want to occasionally bait your hook with a different bait...

Edited by AnneLine