Chrysophylax Posted September 7, 2012 Posted September 7, 2012 There is a "working out" thread, but I'm busy with school stuff and [s]do[/s] [b]don't[/b] want to be distracted, so I am making a homework thread where I can say "I am currently working on my English Literature, Macroeconomics, and Philosophy classes. Blargh." Sigh... reading... typing and quizes... Yes this is now the mental "work out" thread. Come join me!
i<3franciscans Posted September 7, 2012 Posted September 7, 2012 Working on not drowning in my Gov. class homework...
LittleWaySoul Posted September 7, 2012 Posted September 7, 2012 I should be reading the Iliad and various other books, writing an article on the New Evangelization, doing French,.... :/
AnneLine Posted September 7, 2012 Posted September 7, 2012 (edited) Way to go, Chrysophylax! English Lit and Philosphy sound great; Macroeconomics sounds like a penance! I teach the formation class for my Secular Order community, and we have homework, too... I've been putting off doing it.... thank you for the reminder! John of the Cross.... is just... brilliant but hard to get into!!!! We're trudging up the Ascent of Mt. Carmel and the Dark Night.... and a commentry on St. John of the Cross by Fr. Iain Matthew,OCD: The Impact of God: Soundings from St. John of the Cross. We're also reading [i]Finding Sanctuary[/i] by Abbot Christopher Jamison, OSB [i] [/i](FANTASTIC book!) to be sure we keep up some prayer and spirituality in the midst of all that heavy theo.... Hard work, but well worth doing.... Edited September 7, 2012 by AnneLine
LinaSt.Cecilia2772 Posted September 8, 2012 Posted September 8, 2012 I working on Macroeconomics as well....also statistics and I have to read [u]All the Pretty Horses[/u] by Cormac McCarthy. I'm not a happy camper right now....
Groo the Wanderer Posted September 8, 2012 Posted September 8, 2012 finished1 of 2 chapters of financial decision making. got 1 more chapter of managing it organizations to go
TheresaThoma Posted September 8, 2012 Posted September 8, 2012 I have to take a quiz in Astronomy. Finish up my Physics lab book and write a Tuition and Fees appeal. I should also probably work on my degree plan too.
Ed Normile Posted September 8, 2012 Posted September 8, 2012 Will you include doing the laundry and making the bed, or are you living at home ... ed
Chrysophylax Posted September 8, 2012 Author Posted September 8, 2012 [quote name='AnneLine' timestamp='1347052609' post='2480025'] I teach the formation class for my Secular Order community, and we have homework, too... I've been putting off doing it.... thank you for the reminder! John of the Cross.... is just... brilliant but hard to get into!!!! We're trudging up the Ascent of Mt. Carmel and the Dark Night.... and a commentry on St. John of the Cross by Fr. Iain Matthew,OCD: The Impact of God: Soundings from St. John of the Cross. [/quote] Hey, I am currently reading that book too! It is super good, one of those books where I started reading and instantly thought to myself, "This book was written for [u]me[/u]!" Looking ahead to next week: Three quizzes, two assignments, and 1 essay. Plus about 200 pages of reading (collectively, though, not just from 1 class.) I suppose I should get started...
Spem in alium Posted September 8, 2012 Posted September 8, 2012 (edited) My homework... Linguistics: Watch a video on feral children. Watch a video on linguistic savants. Do about a billion grammar exercises. Medieval History: Write a paper on whether or not[i] Da Vinci Code [/i]is a historically accurate book. Philosophy: Write something about something else. THIS IS KILLING ME. Theology: Read part of [i]God's Beauty Parlour and other qwerty spaces in and around the Bible. [/i]The instructions my prof gave for how much we need to read are to "stop at the Breast Pump". Looking forward to that... Edited September 8, 2012 by Spem in alium
Groo the Wanderer Posted September 8, 2012 Posted September 8, 2012 #2 is easy. No. #3 write about the phamily
AnneLine Posted September 9, 2012 Posted September 9, 2012 Ascent of Mt. Carmel: Prologue & Book 1 of the Ascent - read and prepare study outline. DONE Impact of God: Part I Ch 1-3 - (early life of St. John of the Cross) - read and prepare study outline. DONE Finding Sanctuary Part I (How did I get so busy!) - read and prepare study outline. DONE Sabbath Intro: Remember the Sabbath - read and prepare study outline. DONE Phone session with "P" DONE Phone session with "R" (to do later tonight) Prep conference for next Friday (this week) and several more phone sessions later this week..... Getting a lot done - thanks for this thread - it is a motivator!!!!
LinaSt.Cecilia2772 Posted September 9, 2012 Posted September 9, 2012 Still working on statistics. It's really time consuming.
Spem in alium Posted September 9, 2012 Posted September 9, 2012 [quote name='Groo the Wanderer' timestamp='1347146961' post='2480377'] #2 is easy. No. #3 write about the phamily [/quote] Yep, that would be my answer to #2. We have to source a specific chapter and discuss if it portrays the Council of Nicaea accurately. I read it and compared it to the primary sources. No link whatsoever, as far as I could tell. For Phil, I actually need to write about freedom and determinism. Incorporating the phamily would be cool, I'll try it!
AnneLine Posted September 9, 2012 Posted September 9, 2012 Impressed with what everyone is doing!!!! Had 2nd phone Appt last night -- my students aren't doing their homework! GRRRR! (But they're getting the material, so I'm not really complaining....!) Now need to work on conference for next Friday. Pray for me as I do for all of you!
i<3franciscans Posted September 9, 2012 Posted September 9, 2012 Still working on Government. I am never ever ever getting a job that has anything to do with it.
Chrysophylax Posted September 10, 2012 Author Posted September 10, 2012 Just finished my evil English homework. Now I need to study for tomorrows Philosophy quiz and hopefully still have time to see about that extra credit for History. I can do this! .... I want to go to bed...
AnneLine Posted September 10, 2012 Posted September 10, 2012 3rd phone appointment out of 5 students today -- #3 student watched the videos, and read one book; #1 and #2 have read the a DIFFERENT book and didn't watch the videos... and haven't purchased the books they were told to get. Sigh. Gunna be a LOOOOONG week..... Still need to work on the conference for Friday, but you all have me ENERGIZED!!!!!! Will invest in a quick nap, and then back to work!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now