An Old School Catholic Message Board

Homework Thread

Chrysophylax

There is a "working out" thread, but I'm busy with school stuff and [s]do[/s] [b]don't[/b] want to be distracted, so I am making a homework thread where I can say "I am currently working on my English Literature, Macroeconomics, and Philosophy classes. Blargh." Sigh...
:bible:
reading...

:punchout: typing and quizes...

Yes this is now the mental "work out" thread. :flex2: Come join me!

LittleWaySoul

I should be reading the Iliad and various other books, writing an article on the New Evangelization, doing French,.... :/

Way to go, Chrysophylax! English Lit and Philosphy sound great; Macroeconomics sounds like a penance!

I teach the formation class for my Secular Order community, and we have homework, too... I've been putting off doing it.... thank you for the reminder! John of the Cross.... is just... brilliant but hard to get into!!!!

We're trudging up the Ascent of Mt. Carmel and the Dark Night.... and a commentry on St. John of the Cross by Fr. Iain Matthew,OCD: The Impact of God: Soundings from St. John of the Cross.

We're also reading [i]Finding Sanctuary[/i] by Abbot Christopher Jamison, OSB [i] [/i](FANTASTIC book!) to be sure we keep up some prayer and spirituality in the midst of all that heavy theo....

Hard work, but well worth doing....

Edited by AnneLine

LinaSt.Cecilia2772

I working on Macroeconomics as well....also statistics and I have to read [u]All the Pretty Horses[/u] by Cormac McCarthy.

I'm not a happy camper right now.... :stubborn:

I have to take a quiz in Astronomy. Finish up my Physics lab book and write a Tuition and Fees appeal. I should also probably work on my degree plan too.

[quote name='AnneLine' timestamp='1347052609' post='2480025']
I teach the formation class for my Secular Order community, and we have homework, too... I've been putting off doing it.... thank you for the reminder! John of the Cross.... is just... brilliant but hard to get into!!!!

We're trudging up the Ascent of Mt. Carmel and the Dark Night.... and a commentry on St. John of the Cross by Fr. Iain Matthew,OCD: The Impact of God: Soundings from St. John of the Cross.
[/quote]
Hey, I am currently reading that book too! It is super good, one of those books where I started reading and instantly thought to myself, "This book was written for [u]me[/u]!"

Looking ahead to next week: Three quizzes, two assignments, and 1 essay. Plus about 200 pages of reading (collectively, though, not just from 1 class.)
I suppose I should get started...

Spem in alium

My homework...

Linguistics: Watch a video on feral children. Watch a video on linguistic savants. Do about a billion grammar exercises.

Medieval History: Write a paper on whether or not[i] Da Vinci Code [/i]is a historically accurate book.

Philosophy: Write something about something else. THIS IS KILLING ME.

Theology: Read part of [i]God's Beauty Parlour and other qwerty spaces in and around the Bible. [/i]The instructions my prof gave for how much we need to read are to "stop at the Breast Pump". Looking forward to that...

Edited by Spem in alium

Ascent of Mt. Carmel: Prologue & Book 1 of the Ascent - read and prepare study outline. DONE
Impact of God: Part I Ch 1-3 - (early life of St. John of the Cross) - read and prepare study outline. DONE
Finding Sanctuary Part I (How did I get so busy!) - read and prepare study outline. DONE
Sabbath Intro: Remember the Sabbath - read and prepare study outline. DONE
Phone session with "P" DONE
Phone session with "R" (to do later tonight)
Prep conference for next Friday (this week)
and several more phone sessions later this week.....

Getting a lot done - thanks for this thread - it is a motivator!!!!