i<3franciscans Posted November 16, 2012 Posted November 16, 2012 Reading Animal Farm, writing a poem for extra credit, and outlining my novel... I have discovered that writing a novel.... takes a lot of writing.
i<3LSOP Posted November 17, 2012 Posted November 17, 2012 [quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1353074818' post='2511236'] I have discovered that writing a novel.... takes a lot of writing. [/quote] I'm happy you came to this realization. Prayers that you don't die from writing.
mysisterisalittlesister Posted November 17, 2012 Posted November 17, 2012 Writing a book report on [i]Goodbye, Mr. Chips[/i]. Pray for me.
Chrysophylax Posted November 18, 2012 Author Posted November 18, 2012 Oh Man! I loved Goodbye Mr. Chips! I read that book in one day. The book report did take longer, though! Wow, you people seem to be reading all the same books for school that I read in high school! Hey, thanks for the encouragement AnneLine! The group project will come out alright I think, but there is one girl who has not helped at all and never even came to any of our meetings. I didn't get any work done today, though because I was cleaning EVERYTHING. Although, I must say it is actually rather exhilarating to look at a really clean room! I took pictures to compare before and after because it was so bad!
AnneLine Posted November 18, 2012 Posted November 18, 2012 Chrys, I'm glad I was of help! It is SO FRUSTRATING when someone won't carry their weight!!!!! I remember one 'group' project in grad school (GRAD SCHOOL!!!!) where I had to work with one other GRAD student (sheesh, one should know how to work in a pair by that point!!!) and she not only didn't know what she was talking about, she literally put her leg up on the teacher's desk the whole time she was talking, like a stork!!!! We got a 'b' on the project (small wonder!) but the teacher gave everyone in the class the option of re-doing the project for the missing credit. I ws all for it... she didn't want to be bothered! Said a "B" was fine by her!!! I finally went to the teacher and asked as, uh, delicately as I could if one of us wanted to do the makeup work, could we at least get uh, half the upgrade? She looked at me as if I had landed from another planet, and said, only ONE of you wants to make the changes? Uh, yes.... and she shook her head, glanced at the other student (who was the one who mucked up....) and said that of COURSE the 'remaining student' could turn in a revision for additional credit. I did get the "A"... she graduated that semester, and I don't have a clue what her GPA was.... Mind-boggling! I LOVED Mr. Chips!!!!!!! Lost Horizon (also by James Hilton) is good, too...... Spending time doing some cleanup myself today, but having to pace myself because I have been REALLY sick this last week. One step at a time..... Back to work...
Chrysophylax Posted November 19, 2012 Author Posted November 19, 2012 (edited) I am Freaking Out! I thought I would have all this weekend to do homework, but forgot that I had something big going on at home Today, which I spent all day Saturday preparing for. So now, here I am, very tired but resigned to my fate. Oh, and I even forgot about one of the huge things I have due tomorrow! I have my schedule for the work to do this week laid out in sticky notes on my desktop. Here's what it looks like: [i]Tonight: []Jeopardy Hist- 3 Ch. and ?'s and answers []Bullet points of Alfred Battle to T____ [] Finalized Outline for paper []more sources for term paper[/i] [i]Monday: [] English Discussion [] Rough Draft My parts of Essay (almost final) []Term Paper [] Give Blood[/i] [i]Tuesday: []Hist Paper final []Term Paper worked out []Presentation plan for battle? Whiteboard? [] Visit Bank[/i] [i]Wednesday:[/i] [i][] Group Project Due!![/i] [i][] English Quiz [] Term Paper!!! [] Pack bag for trip[/i] And then Thursday is Thanksgiving, and Friday I leave for a retreat and don't get back till Sunday night, and the Term Paper is due Monday. Please, Please say a prayer for me!! ~Chryso Edited November 19, 2012 by Chrysophylax
Chrysophylax Posted November 19, 2012 Author Posted November 19, 2012 Wow, I got everything done that was for Sunday night! Yeah! I am going to bed now because I get up in four hours, and I am doing lots of stuff tomorrow!
AnneLine Posted November 19, 2012 Posted November 19, 2012 Good for you Chrys! Breathe!!!!! Break it down into do-able steps and take breaks -- you'll be fine!!!!
InPersonaChriste Posted November 19, 2012 Posted November 19, 2012 Finished Chemistry homework for today, Finished Philosophy homework. Have a math test tomorrow... Haven't written anything for Nanowrimo in 5 days.. so that makes me like 15,000 words behind... So... much.. writing....
the171 Posted November 19, 2012 Posted November 19, 2012 Annotating The Fountainhead Working on hundreds of Algebra II (imaginary number) problems Studying for a test that I am set to fail And I have more homework, but I can't find it because moodle isn't working. >.<
FutureCarmeliteClaire Posted November 19, 2012 Posted November 19, 2012 [quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1353074818' post='2511236'] Reading Animal Farm, writing a poem for extra credit, and outlining my novel... I have discovered that writing a novel.... takes a lot of writing. [/quote] I LOVED ANIMAL FARM.
Chrysophylax Posted November 20, 2012 Author Posted November 20, 2012 I just gave blood! Now it is time for homework...
AnneLine Posted November 20, 2012 Posted November 20, 2012 Keep at it -- you're all doing WONDERFULLY!!!! FCC, it is, uh, disturbing, to hear you say you LOVED animal farm with that... piece of equipment in your avatar! !!!!!
Chrysophylax Posted November 21, 2012 Author Posted November 21, 2012 UAGH! My homework is killing me!!! I am so dying at the moment. However, I am at least kinda getting it together and might be able to survive some of the stuff tomorrow. Say a prayer! Pretty please..
Chrysophylax Posted November 21, 2012 Author Posted November 21, 2012 It's finally finished. goodnight all.
AnneLine Posted November 21, 2012 Posted November 21, 2012 [color=#FFF0F5].......[color=#FFF0F5].......[color=#FFF0F5].......[/color][/color][/color]W A Y[color=#FFF0F5].......[/color]T O[color=#FFF0F5].......[/color]G O[color=#FFF0F5].......[/color]! ! ! ! Now you (all of you!) go have a GREAT Thanksgiving!!!
Chrysophylax Posted November 27, 2012 Author Posted November 27, 2012 OK, I am really supposed to be working right now.... Time to get cracking! Reading and a quiz! Ready set go!
AnneLine Posted November 27, 2012 Posted November 27, 2012 Good for you! Fog videos in another thread as a reward for mission accomplished!!!! Got to get some housework done (would rather do homework!) and then some writing done for a work-related project. I'm resisting getting started, but you are a good influence on me!
TheresaThoma Posted November 27, 2012 Posted November 27, 2012 Have to get lab stuff together here this week. Finish up the Physics HW due tomorrow that I majorly procrastinated on. Plus a bunch of apps. My degree plan An astronomy project due Friday. Plus some other stuff I am forgetting about.
Chrysophylax Posted November 27, 2012 Author Posted November 27, 2012 Le Homeworky est finished! Ding dong the wicked witch is dead! "Yaa! He's Finished! Done For! La La LA!" (Quote from robin hood)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now